Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

Quatro 2018 Cube and Super Mini

Created by bigdaz > 9 months ago, 13 Dec 2017
bigdaz
NSW, 323 posts
16 Jun 2019 11:03AM
Thumbs Up

For those of u still following my journey, I have just pre-ordered the 2020 92L Quatro Pyramid as my larger light wind board to compliment my 83 Pyramid.

I know it's only 2 litres less than the super mini that I just sold, but what I discovered with the 83 is that u can have a few extra litres due to the lower profile rails and skinnier tail and nose. So where my previous set up would be a board that equaled my weight in kg and then one 10 litres more (give or take), now with the Pyramid I run my small board 3-4 litres more than kg weight and then +9/10 litres bigger with my light wind board.

Anyway, it's been an awesome journey starting out with the Cube and Super Mini, both awesome boards in their own right!!! And I'm super stoked ending up on the Pyramids which I have found suit my style and the conditions I sail in mostly (cross off) a bit better than the others.

You can can check out the specs at
www.surfsailaustralia.com.au/post/goya-quatro-2020-windsurf-boards

#happysailing

philn
725 posts
17 Jun 2019 12:30AM
Thumbs Up

I'm frothing about the Cube 106. It sounds like it would suit our conditions. Now I just have to figure out how to ask the boss for permission to get it.

bigdaz
NSW, 323 posts
17 Jun 2019 11:06AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bigdaz said..
now with the Pyramid I run my small board 3-4 litres more than kg weight and then +9/10 litres bigger with my light wind board.

The other bonus of running these sizes (83 & 92) with my weight hovering around the 79kg is that I can float/bog and ride on my 83 in anything over 10knts as well as use all my sails (4.0-5.3) on both boards, having the 92 is just that added luxury when its lighter etc... So if I'm travelling I can get away with either one of my boards. Win Win!!!

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"Quatro 2018 Cube and Super Mini" started by bigdaz