Forums > Windsurfing Foiling

Wizard 114 - Footstraps Positions

Created by owain 2 months ago, 27 Nov 2020
owain
NSW, 227 posts
27 Nov 2020 8:52PM
Thumbs Up

This arrived yesterday. The only question is middle or outboard rear strap(s)...

Is anyone going to roll with the middle strap or already are using it?

Board bag wise I think I will get Surf Aids to make a coffin style custom job.

KDog
99 posts
27 Nov 2020 11:48PM
Thumbs Up

The first time I foiled my 114 went full inboard with the straps now my set up is front straps outboard all the way forward and single rear center strap. Also you might check your screws mine were to long bottomed out in the hole before the straps became tight wound up taking them to the bench grinder and made them a few mm shorter. Have fun your going to have a blast on that board.

thedoor
765 posts
28 Nov 2020 12:51AM
Thumbs Up

Nice. This was my set up (sail universal where that yellow bungee is, i76 nearly all the way back in the track or i99 all the way forward). When I tried the back centre strap, I found my back foot creeping out to the rail, so I ended up moving my straps to outer back. However, if I didn't have the freestyle for swell riding I would probably have gone center back.

Also if i didn't plan on running it with 99 then I would probably move the front straps forward to the winging holes and move foil mast and sail mast forward.

You are going to love this board, so versatile. One board quiver for 80kg or less

owain
NSW, 227 posts
28 Nov 2020 5:30AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
KDog said..
The first time I foiled my 114 went full inboard with the straps now my set up is front straps outboard all the way forward and single rear center strap. Also you might check your screws mine were to long bottomed out in the hole before the straps became tight wound up taking them to the bench grinder and made them a few mm shorter. Have fun your going to have a blast on that board.

Doesn't seem like too much to ask to put the correct screws in a $3k+ board . I'll check mine today.

Select to expand quote
thedoor said..

Nice. This was my set up (sail universal where that yellow bungee is, i76 nearly all the way back in the track or i99 all the way forward). When I tried the back centre strap, I found my back foot creeping out to the rail, so I ended up moving my straps to outer back. However, if I didn't have the freestyle for swell riding I would probably have gone center back.

Also if i didn't plan on running it with 99 then I would probably move the front straps forward to the winging holes and move foil mast and sail mast forward.

You are going to love this board, so versatile. One board quiver for 80kg or less

Good to know on the universal location. I think I will start with the rear outboard then as unfortunately I don't do much swell riding.

LeeD
2160 posts
28 Nov 2020 3:22AM
Thumbs Up

Depends on which foil, your weight, your preference, and your predominant wind conditions for what you rig.

CoreAS
365 posts
28 Nov 2020 8:34AM
Thumbs Up

Think you'll get a bunch of different answers on the new foot strap positions so the best way is to screw on the straps out towards the rail on port tack, then screw the foot straps in board on the starboard side.

Then experiment with strap holes 1,2 or 3 until you find out what feels good for you...each strap hole will yield a different board response.

Then you the mast base and twin tracks to play with

owain
NSW, 227 posts
28 Nov 2020 12:19PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
CoreAS said..
Think you'll get a bunch of different answers on the new foot strap positions so the best way is to screw on the straps out towards the rail on port tack, then screw the foot straps in board on the starboard side.

Then experiment with strap holes 1,2 or 3 until you find out what feels good for you...each strap hole will yield a different board response.

Then you the mast base and twin tracks to play with

Quite a genius idea really.

@KDog - can confirm my screws are too long.

2keen
WA, 160 posts
28 Nov 2020 10:41AM
Thumbs Up

Also got a new toy.
I've gone full forward and outboard on the front with a centre rear.

dejavu
339 posts
28 Nov 2020 10:12PM
Thumbs Up

If the screws are too long then just file down the ends a little.

CoreAS
365 posts
29 Nov 2020 1:44AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
2keen said..

Also got a new toy.
I've gone full forward and outboard on the front with a centre rear.

That's quite the matching sail and board color coordination...should be super quick looking forward to seeing you guys ripping it in the videos soon.

owain
NSW, 227 posts
29 Nov 2020 3:13PM
Thumbs Up

Ok I retract my statement about the screws being too long. I got the Vernier out and stuck it in the screw holes and there is plenty of room.

dejavu
339 posts
29 Nov 2020 1:01PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedoor said..

Why not move your foot straps forward and put the i99 in "C" position? Now you can use the Apollo, i76 (both in "B" position) and i99 and try some wing foiling -- one board to rule them all!

thedoor
765 posts
29 Nov 2020 2:42PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
dejavu said..

thedoor said..

Why not move your foot straps forward and put the i99 in "C" position? Now you can use the Apollo, i76 (both in "B" position) and i99 and try some wing foiling -- one board to rule them all!

Currently using the i99 in C position. Never tried it in B, on any board. If straps and mast base stay the same I need the i76 in B at least 6cm further back than i99 in C. Apollo 60 is one cm back relative to i76.

It is a versatile board for sure, there isn't much it cannot do. So far I seem to be immune to the wingvirus but the way it's spreading I am sure I will catch it eventually.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Foiling

"Wizard 114 - Footstraps Positions" started by owain