Select to expand quote
TimKay said..
No Banks

Banks are open today,closed tomorrow.

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
31 Dec 2019 11:18AM
Thumbs Up

Well at 9:00am there was a 450m stretch of head high close-outs Trigg down to Scarborough. Saw the Clubbie 4WD take off lights and siren heading North to Trigg... then 20min later the rubber ducky raced out at Brighton to collect 3-4 people caught 200m out in a rip...

And then you see the Mum's with young kids sending them out on Boogie boards saying "don't go out too far..." Sorrento people - take them to Sorrento!

Razzonater
2224 posts
31 Dec 2019 11:35AM
Thumbs Up

I left my board in the car and suited up and went out body surfing around 8-830
1) There was dozens of swimmers getting dragged out and many many no where near the flags 250 metres up the beach
2) some kid on a body board probably 7-9 years old got stuck and started panicking just next to me, I pushed him into one and swim him in, he was full pale and freaking out got to the beach he couldn't see his parents anywhere, lady walks over after 5 minutes or so and waves to him.
I just swam back out so I didn't give her a full "spirited " opinion.

got a heap of body womp closeout barrels and actually made one

Greenroom
WA, 7608 posts
31 Dec 2019 12:34PM
Thumbs Up

Kookville today. What a debacle
Tip... your car can do a u-turn and/or is has reverse.

mocha1
WA, 929 posts
31 Dec 2019 1:48PM
Thumbs Up

Must've been a fair bit of expectation today!!!! Wind never really got enough into a Easterly trend....was better yesterday even though windier but way less punters.....and I didn't see any FB pickiest telling how "good" it was

Spot had 40+ spread out over the 3 very inconsistent breaks
Ders/Durs/Dewars had 100 apparently

was still better than my usual secret spot x north of Scabs south of Trigg.....ohhh shizen gave it away

Buster fin
WA, 2568 posts
31 Dec 2019 2:22PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
mocha1 said..
Must've been a fair bit of expectation today!!!! Wind never really got enough into a Easterly trend....was better yesterday even though windier but way less punters.....and I didn't see any FB pickiest telling how "good" it was

was still better than my usual secret spot x north of Scabs south of Trigg.....ohhh shizen gave it away

Buster fin
WA, 2568 posts
31 Dec 2019 2:22PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
mocha1 said..

IFocus
WA, 582 posts
31 Dec 2019 2:36PM
Thumbs Up

I had a great surf this morning with around 50 of my best mates having said that it was pretty chilled relaxed wasnt enough waves to get excited about and mostly locals so lots of talking man therapy bullsh--ing

Next beak down had a lot more people along with every water craft ever invented looked ugly even a goat boat didnt know they still existed.

Hey Mick I swear I saw a few Japanese on the beach any inlaws visiting?

Nearly said giday do you know Mick........then thought they probably do any way.

mocha1
WA, 929 posts
4 Jan 2020 12:48PM
Thumbs Up

Huey you funny bugger...only offshore Day right through past 12 and dying swell.....funny bugger you are

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
4 Jan 2020 2:26PM
Thumbs Up

LBB was poo. Windier than expected and full of weed. Waves were inconsistent wind affected weak waist to chest high sets. Did not see one person get one wave worth talking about in the 2:45 I was out there. They even ran out of surf dogs at the Cafe!
The only good thing was the water temp was warm.

Buster fin
WA, 2568 posts
4 Jan 2020 7:58PM
Thumbs Up

Unprecedented crowds in frigid water offering up chest high dumpers. To be fair, good selection saw peelers 80m long. At least the gloves are off.

Razzonater
2224 posts
4 Jan 2020 8:09PM
Thumbs Up

When they run out of surf dogs it's heartbreak
When I lived their it was a pirates breakie most mornings they don't do them anymore.
like a little pizza sort of base with an egg and two slices of bacon and a chunk of tomato.
I surfed between trigg/scarbs

It was interesting I was awoken at 5 by the kids who I put back to sleep so I thought may as well go now

from 530-630 the wind was quite light ese maybe 6-8 knots and whilst a bit straight actually a few tubs on the mal and some runners

At around 630-645 the wind kicked in hard maybe 15-18 knots and se
it sort of mucked it up a bit and humans started appearing like holes in Swiss cheese, flies on a turd or a fat kid on a donut

Got a couple more and snuck in, actually really quite shallow on a few banks and even though it was waist maybe the odd chest height one super super shallow on some

I buried the nose on one and full whacked my face on the sand, haven't done that in a looooong time and don't want to again in near future.

Observation: last year I worked two / three days a week and scored the point quite often with maybe 6-8 people or 10-15 regularly, I haven't surfed it for a couple months as there is a minimum of 40 people on it all the time, when I was getting my post surf coffee whilst a couple semi decent ones came in , it was a disgraceful zoo, seen multiple drop ins and boards ditched , people getting in the way, crushing lips and just general mayhem with no order.

I am now compiling a list of places to go with my family next Christmas

down south is a full zoo , Rotto is not bad but if you get the wind we have had this month you wouldn't be too stoked

next year I think work through Christmas and take two weeks off in March
everyones at work and your almost guaranteed a window of surf without millions of humans.

I can deal with crowds but the last five years it is just well well out of hand.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
6 Jan 2020 12:39PM
Thumbs Up

Boxing day managed my first surf in few month at Nanarup down south. Small and nothing to write about except the water was exquisite.

A week at Rotto and was very pumped but as Razz just said, the wind was .

Small waves locally on Sat and as Trev suggested nice to catch up with people..But yep freezing in the water.

First time wearing shoes in three weeks today and not feeling it

smicko
WA, 2502 posts
12 Jan 2020 10:29PM
Thumbs Up

Did a trip, $hitloads of travel, had some $hit days, had some good days, had some beers, had some fun. 8/10 would go back.

Buster fin
WA, 2568 posts
13 Jan 2020 5:09AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smicko said..
Did a trip, $hitloads of travel, had some $hit days, had some good days, had some beers, had some fun. 8/10 would go back.

It seems you forgot 'had epic waves'. That looks rather enjoyable.

byf
WA, 512 posts
13 Jan 2020 9:18AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smicko said..

Something about that second pic gives me a little twinge.

IFocus
WA, 582 posts
13 Jan 2020 1:37PM
Thumbs Up

Looks great whereabouts Smicko?

mazdon
1196 posts
13 Jan 2020 3:13PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
IFocus said..

looks like somewhere south of Japan and north of the Phillipines!

smicko
WA, 2502 posts
13 Jan 2020 4:28PM
Thumbs Up

Think really annoying telemarketers with an accent that makes you feel a bit stabby.

IFocus
WA, 582 posts
13 Jan 2020 6:00PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
mazdon said..

IFocus said..

looks like somewhere south of Japan and north of the Phillipines!

Was thinking that, a couple of the shots maybe south coast doesn't look like the east coast?

But then no mention of food.........people always mention the food.....you on a diet Smicko

Buster fin
WA, 2568 posts
14 Jan 2020 8:24PM
Thumbs Up

Dodged the kiters for a few sloppy ones this arvo. Hardly worth it. But worth it.

mocha1
WA, 929 posts
17 Jan 2020 12:54PM
Thumbs Up

Usual place Near Bali
no surf photos but GPS watch tells me we did ok

couple of really really really good sessions with double head sets had to get the 6'6 out
couple of really really good sessions with head to head half clean long runs on the 6'2
7 Days
The average surf was 2 hours
average ride 100m
top speed .. a Fanningesque 32km/hr
distance paddled surfed each session around 6-7ks

x 2 a day

shoulders hips and back a tad tight

Sitting in airport and just looked at seabreeze forecast.. oh well it is January.....hence the above trip.

Buster fin
WA, 2568 posts
17 Jan 2020 9:14PM
Thumbs Up

Glad you scored! Did you bring back some waves?

mocha1
WA, 929 posts
18 Jan 2020 2:16PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Buster fin said..
Glad you scored! Did you bring back some waves?

No bloody AirAsia and customs confiscated em...twice

MickPC
8266 posts
18 Jan 2020 3:03PM
Thumbs Up

Awesome pics Smicko...good to hear ya scored too Mocha

Got back from Tassie last night, fun trip, fun waves, beautiful place...put on 2 kgs from all the seafood, beer & wine

Buster fin
WA, 2568 posts
19 Jan 2020 7:50PM
Thumbs Up

Aaaanyway. Lots of fun in the most unlikely of places today. Not big fun by any means but fun all the same. The sheeples are a worry to their own safety though.

roodney
145 posts
7 Feb 2020 3:48PM
Thumbs Up

Southern road trip is in order

Buster fin
WA, 2568 posts
10 Feb 2020 2:09PM
Thumbs Up

So....

It's quiet in here....

Don't tell me- arms are surfed out and sun fried eyes are making typing difficult?....

I got a few tiddlers on the super low tide yesterday morning. It was so shallow, you'd think they'd be filming 'reality' TV there.
Fun, but then a SLS fiasco took over and my personal space was severely compromised. It put a grin on my mug at least.

It looked like it would have been fun this morning.

mocha1
WA, 929 posts
10 Feb 2020 2:54PM
Thumbs Up

Northern secret Spot had about 20 guys and a full carpark scrapping over the odd 1-2footer....place was packed like it was pumping

got a few at nails where sharing was much easier with two others.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie