Forums > Kitesurfing   Western Australia

Missing Kiter off Geraldton coast 4th jan 2019

Created by king of the point > 9 months ago, 4 Jan 2019
king of the point
WA, 1836 posts
4 Jan 2019 9:34PM
Thumbs Up

A person has been reported missing off the Geraldton coast between Drumbonds Cove and Coronation Beach .He was using a PINK NORTH NEO KITE . A major search has been initiated if anyone knows he is safe he is to contact the police OOO.

SORRY i was the last on the water a coronations and was made aware of this when police pulled me up on the way home at 830 9pm his friend in the police car opon suggesting i post something on seabreeze it was agreed to do so ......... Hope it all ends well ........

arloj
WA, 237 posts
5 Jan 2019 6:29AM
Thumbs Up

Still missing - extensive police resources are being utilised. Search has commenced again at 0500hrs, air wing has been sourced as well as boat crews.

Kitesurfer - Matthew WING, 6ft 3, 120kg. Commenced a downwinder from Drummonds to Coronation. His ETA to coronation was 1600hrs yesterday.

ADMIN - prioritise this thread please until he is found.

rscaife
WA, 96 posts
5 Jan 2019 10:26AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
From: www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-05/missing-kite-surfer-matthew-wing-found-alive-off-geraldton/10686952

Missing kite surfer Matthew Wing found alive on Geraldton beach
By Jacob Kagi

Updated 20 minutes ago

PHOTO: Matthew Wing, 48, had been kite surfing at Drummond Cove in Geraldton. (Supplied: WA Police)

A kite surfer missing off Western Australia's Mid West coast since yesterday has been found alive, rescuers say.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing   Western Australia

"Missing Kiter off Geraldton coast 4th jan 2019" started by king of the point