Downwinder Buddies based SOR or Uber as a way back

Created by freotilo > 9 months ago, 9 Dec 2016
freotilo
WA, 18 posts
9 Dec 2016 1:11PM
Thumbs Up

Hey guys,

hope ur all having a great season und was just toying with an idea

we all love and appreciate the upwinder guys service in every way but for me being freo based its a big time consumer meeting and dropping the car of on trigg or close

so my idea is to either form a small group of guys that take turns dropping a car of on trigg beach and taking the upwinder service down or even better would be to get a taxi or uber driver to drop the group back to leighton or cott..

problem i see is obviously how to find a car and driver willing and big enough to take multiple wet guys and gear back ..;)

ideas or thoughts ? easiest would probabla be forming a facebook or whatsapp group for guys sor based or does one already exist..?

tilo

AJ Events
WA, 111 posts
12 Dec 2016 11:01AM
Thumbs Up

Hey All,

The Upwinder guy isn't driving the bus anymore
Despite my best effort to happily drive kiters (including wet ones) up the coast to do downwinder, freotilo, you are right, I couldn't help everyone.

This season I've created an app to help people find others that kite the way they do so they can more easily find downwinder buddies or meet the locals at the beach they kite at. There are already over 130 people on the app and on a good day about 20+ people manage to organise transport for their downwinder via the app. Best of all, it's FREE!

If you are keen to collaborate with others so you can do a downwinder, check it out. If you want to let kiters at your local beach know about when you'll be heading down, check it out.

Sharing the Stoke as best I can,
The Upwinder

crewsinperthkitesurf.slack.com/shared_invite/MTA2OTczMzU2MTEzLTE0Nzk3OTYxODktZTBhNGQ4Nzc2Ng
Note - This link expires in January, so you'll have to email me after it stops working if you want an easy link. Or you can get anyone using the app to send you the invite link.

Wilderide
39 posts
12 Dec 2016 12:00PM
Thumbs Up

App is a great... I have managed to organise a downwinder every time I have wanted to do one.. which is 4 days a week atm... !!

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing   Western Australia

"Downwinder Buddies based SOR or Uber as a way back" started by freotilo