Forums > Kitesurfing The Hookup

June 2016 Holiday Planning - open to ideas & mates

Created by Odeliska > 9 months ago, 26 Mar 2016
Odeliska
WA, 14 posts
26 Mar 2016 10:11PM
Thumbs Up

Hi, I'm 12 months into kiting. It's a milestone birthday for me this June, and looking for kiting adventure. I've been given the 'pass-out' by hubby to go with out him and the wee kids.
I've been researching kiting locations near and far from Perth probably near will be more time efficient with only about a week to take.

I don't have any kiting mates who will join me (possibly one non-kiting girlfriend who has a ticket already booked for Bali 21st-20th May 2016). We were even thinking of heading to Lombok.
Is there anyone out there who would like a kiting buddy for early June ? Or is there a crew heading somewhere else already who don't mind a stray?
Would love to go to Dahkla but won't have the time for long flights unfortunately.

psychojoe
WA, 1804 posts
3 Apr 2016 12:48PM
Thumbs Up

Perth winds blow from November through to April so you've missed them.
I would suggest Spain or Morocco or Denmark
but since you don't have time for the flights
I guess your only option is Queensland, although I'm not sure where, or what wind you'll find

kemp90
QLD, 1692 posts
4 Apr 2016 3:58PM
Thumbs Up

Far North Queensland at the Australian kite surfari. Strong winds every day with warm water. Google it.

JoeMc
WA, 97 posts
4 Apr 2016 8:20PM
Thumbs Up

Odeliska,
I'm in Bali from 19-23 May and bringing my kite. I hear the wind may be a bit light but I'll bring it anyway and have a go at Sanur or Nusa Dua. Drop me a PM if you firm up a Bali trip that weekend. Check the websites for kitesurfing in Bali. I think they all fly fairly large kites in May

Cheers

Joe

born1962
VIC, 18 posts
5 Apr 2016 9:44AM
Thumbs Up

You are welcome to pop along to Fiji with us. With the cyclone the prices to fly there went down. I have been assured by all the accommodation places that they have recovered or been little affected. I've done a lot of research to find off the beaten track places that aren't off the planet in prices and will suit the fun requirements. www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Kitesurfing/The-Hookup/Fiji-June-4-to-17-2016-Caqalai-Leleuvia-Mana/

- Stuart

gokid
QLD, 491 posts
22 May 2016 7:50PM
Thumbs Up

I will be heading to Bali in early June to meet up with kiter friends,possibly heading to Lombok to Kalilantan or Kuta Lombok

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing The Hookup

"June 2016 Holiday Planning - open to ideas & mates" started by Odeliska