Forums > Kitesurfing The Hookup

Beginner buddies Perth

Created by litekite > 9 months ago, 15 Jan 2013
litekite
WA, 19 posts
15 Jan 2013 4:06PM
Thumbs Up

Hey, I've just started kitesurfing and looking forward to getting in as much practise as possible for the rest of the season.

I've had a few lessons and keen to hear from anyone who may know a bit about it and is willing to show me the ropes a bit in terms of when and where to go. Or other beginners/anyone looking for a buddy to go with.

Cheers,

Rachael

mike7
WA, 10 posts
17 Jan 2013 11:49PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Rachael,

I was just about to start a thread like this one. I've also have a couple of lessons and am waiting till next weekend (busy this w/e) to sort out my gear. I'm extremely new to kiting but super keen to give it a good crack! And there's nothing like keen newbies helping each other out and sharing their lessons learned.

I was told that Salter's point is pretty good for learning as it's fairly exposed to constant wind and pretty shallow, perfect for starting out.

Mike.

MDSXR6T
WA, 1019 posts
18 Jan 2013 8:22PM
Thumbs Up

I'm happy to tag along with some other noobs :p

Im in Alkimos so was thinking of heading to pinnaroo until i gain enough experience to kite safely around quinns (short beaches, rocks etc)

xee
WA, 3 posts
19 Jan 2013 9:55PM
Thumbs Up

hey! would love to tag along the newbie bus haha!

give me a pm if you guys are going. Would love to meet new people! ;D

cam13
WA, 16 posts
20 Jan 2013 1:07AM
Thumbs Up

hi guys

im in the same boat very new to kite surfing looking for some buddies to kite with.

i have had about 8/9 hours worth of lessons so i am happy to give what ever tips and advise i possibly can and would love to get some tips and help off u guys!

i kite at applecross always pretty good wind there and very rarely offshore! and will be heading down tomorrow (Sunday) but im happy to try new places!

my job is pretty flexible so am available almost every day of the week! message me if ur interested?

thanks

cam:)

LIH92
WA, 3 posts
20 Jan 2013 1:22AM
Thumbs Up

I am also a begginer and looking for some kiting buddies. I live down Rockingham way but Safety Bay has a pretty awesome kitesurfing spot. It a nice sand bar that goes a good 500m out from shore. If anyone is interested let me know.

fremantledoc
WA, 1 posts
25 Jan 2013 8:48AM
Thumbs Up

hey,
Im keen to meet up done a couple of lessons not up on the board yet but keen to get the kite control down! Message me if your keen! cheers have a 4wd

MDSXR6T
WA, 1019 posts
28 Jan 2013 10:41AM
Thumbs Up

Anyone heading out later this arvo (4.30pm onwards) to any northern areas?

Intermediate at getting up on the board, advanced at falling off!

e0422713
WA, 975 posts
1 Feb 2013 3:48PM
Thumbs Up

pinnaroo pt sat

MDSXR6T
WA, 1019 posts
4 Feb 2013 11:49AM
Thumbs Up

Anyone want a tag along on wed / thurs early arvo?

Happy to drive anywhere in perth thats beginner friendly

stevedcfc
WA, 6 posts
4 Feb 2013 3:50PM
Thumbs Up

Probably heading to shoalwater/safety bay early afternoon on Wednesday, good place for beginners.

ac17
NSW, 51 posts
25 Feb 2013 9:04AM
Thumbs Up

Hey guys, I am heading to Perth on the 28th. Was hoping to get some flat water riding in. Any tips on where to stay to be close to flat water - i won't have a car.

mike7
WA, 10 posts
6 Mar 2013 1:54AM
Thumbs Up

Hey hey,

I'm heading down to Melville waters after work (around 5pm) on Wednesday 6th March if anyone wants to join a fellow beginner? I have a green and yellow slingshot kite. See you out there!

Mike.

Ellz
VIC, 6 posts
7 Mar 2013 1:16AM
Thumbs Up

Hey guys, i'm another noobish kiter :) Just got back to Perth from a long trip away, I've got maybe a week or so free to kite as much as possible! Anyone else who wants a kiting buddy would be very welcome to join me and share the waters. It's been a few months since I've cracked out the kite so would be fun to have some company in the water Everyone welcome!

Mike how was the wind down Melville tonight? Was gonna go but got caught up with something

I'm keen to go tomorrow at anytime (earlier afternoon looks not bad for wind), most likely Melville/any nice noobish friendly spot.

Anyone keen give me a PM or just reply here

El

mike7
WA, 10 posts
8 Mar 2013 12:51AM
Thumbs Up

Hi Elz!

Melville wasn't too bad but a bit gusty, making it tricky for a noob...the kite would lose power, then the wind would suddenly pick up and power the kite!

The weekend looks pretty bad due to the stormy weather but I'm taking half a day off on Monday arvo and plan to head there again since the wind forecast looks great. Keen to join?

Mike.

Ellz
VIC, 6 posts
8 Mar 2013 5:54PM
Thumbs Up

Yo mike,

Ah shame about the gusty conditions, glad I didn't miss perfect wind tho lol

Yea I'm well keen for Monday afternoon, wind looks sweet on forcast! What time you heading down?

El

mike7
WA, 10 posts
8 Mar 2013 10:31PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Elz,

I'm going to try and get there by about 1pm on Monday. I usually park up around No. 49 Melville beach road (about as south as you can get along Melville waters). I have a green and yellow slingshot 9m kite.

If anyone else is keen to come down then please feel free! The more the merrier.

See you down there!

Mike.

Ellz
VIC, 6 posts
9 Mar 2013 5:11PM
Thumbs Up

Sound mate, I'll see you down there, I have a black and gray slingshot 11m.

I'd bring lunch and plenty of water, if the wind holds all day it will be quite a sesh!

Everyone welcome :)

El

mike7
WA, 10 posts
11 Mar 2013 9:11PM
Thumbs Up

So I managed to get the arvo off work today and went down to Melville waters with Ellz to practice...and it was great! The wind, although gusty at times, was strong and made practising getting up on the board easy. My goofy side still needs a lot of work, but my favoured side is coming along nicely. But the fun came to an end when I ripped some skin off my toe thanks to an unfriendly rock sticking out of the sea bed :(

I'd really like to check out places like woodman point which I've heard is also great for beginners. Who'd be keen for session on one of the following weekends?

Ellz, how did you end up going today? Made some progress?

Mike

JK44
WA, 3 posts
14 Mar 2013 1:02PM
Thumbs Up

mike7 said...
So I managed to get the arvo off work today and went down to Melville waters with Ellz to practice...and it was great! The wind, although gusty at times, was strong and made practising getting up on the board easy. My goofy side still needs a lot of work, but my favoured side is coming along nicely. But the fun came to an end when I ripped some skin off my toe thanks to an unfriendly rock sticking out of the sea bed :(

I'd really like to check out places like woodman point which I've heard is also great for beginners. Who'd be keen for session on one of the following weekends?

Ellz, how did you end up going today? Made some progress?

Mike

Hi All,

Just saw your thread, if you're keen to catch up on Sunday 17/3, I can get us there...

Fairly new to the kiting world, at the body draging stage, not on the board yet, keen to get some pactice in...

Let me know what you think
Jens

mike7
WA, 10 posts
14 Mar 2013 7:28PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Jens,

I might be going out with a friend or two early on Saturday morning (6am) to Point Walter to catch the early Easterly. Let me know if you're keen.

Don't worry about lack of experience, I've barely started so you won't feel out of place!

Mike.

Mj80
WA, 5 posts
15 Mar 2013 7:10PM
Thumbs Up

LIH92 said...
I am also a begginer and looking for some kiting buddies. I live down Rockingham way but Safety Bay has a pretty awesome kitesurfing spot. It a nice sand bar that goes a good 500m out from shore. If anyone is interested let me know.

Mj80
WA, 5 posts
15 Mar 2013 7:20PM
Thumbs Up

LIH92 said...

Hi lih92 I live in rockingham just started kiting am really keen to meet people to kite with

Mj80
WA, 5 posts
15 Mar 2013 8:28PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Steve i noticed ur in secret harbour , I'm in singleton. I'm pretty flexi during the week if u wanna catch up in saftey bay.cheers.

Ellz
VIC, 6 posts
16 Mar 2013 7:42PM
Thumbs Up

Yea Mike that was an awesome sesh, the wind did get too strong for my 11m as the day went on but I managed to make loads of progress so I'm happy

Tried to go out for days after but the wind wasn't having it!

You been out much since? I'm itching to get back on the water. Let me know of any future plans, I'm always keen

El

mike7
WA, 10 posts
20 Mar 2013 12:28AM
Thumbs Up

Hey Elz,

We went out to Point Walter early on Saturday and it was an absolute blast! My progress at the moment is good but have to keep getting out there and practicing. There were some guys out there doing some awesome tricks and getting crazy air! I'd love to get to that stage :D

I'm heading out to Melville waters again on Thursday after work, will try and get there by 5pm. See you there?

Mike

Marklife
WA, 10 posts
20 Mar 2013 7:11PM
Thumbs Up

Hey, I'm another beginner keen to head out with new people. Haven't been out for ages, used to kite at melville but keen for road trips too!
Let me know if keen to head out

Ellz
VIC, 6 posts
26 Mar 2013 3:54PM
Thumbs Up

Hey,

Heading out today if anyone fancys tagging along, hitting Melville waters first and possibly pelican point, depending how good Melville is going.

Heading down for 1pm, flying a black and gray slingshot rev,

Feel free to come say hi

Elz

geordieboy
WA, 224 posts
18 Jan 2014 5:14PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
xee said..
hey! would love to tag along the newbie bus haha!

give me a pm if you guys are going. Would love to meet new people! ;D

hi ive just started myself had lessons last xmas but been injured but think im ready to dust the cobwebs off and get dragged around like a rag doll
i live joondalup area work week on week off so can go most days when im off (if the wife doesnt,want too many jobs done)

Debruce
WA, 5 posts
24 Jan 2014 10:59AM
Thumbs Up

Anyone going out today Friday 24th JAN? i'm a newbie and still getting used to picking the best spots based on the conditions, where would people recomend today based on the conditions?

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing The Hookup

"Beginner buddies Perth" started by litekite