Forums > Kitesurfing Queensland

Qld&NT State Freestyle Titles NOW on first weekend December 2017 at Cotton Tree

Created by AquaPlow > 9 months ago, 4 Oct 2017
AquaPlow
QLD, 1051 posts
4 Oct 2017 8:37PM
Thumbs Up

- CHANGED COMPETITION DATE - 1st 2nd & 3rd of DECEMBER -
Council yet to issue permit (6 weeks now) , registration which is through KAL is dependant on this, our sponsors need exposure so we are going to our reserve date ... on the bright side more time for me to find my one trick and dust it off Hope this change works for all entrants. I am sorry for any inconvenience..

Welcome to season 2017/18

Dear Kiteboarding Queensland and Northern Territory Members,Hopefully you've had the chance to brush the cobwebs off your kiteboarding gear now that winter has been left behind. There are lots of great events happening this summer and we want to make sure you are involved. Below is an exciting announcement that will offer Kiteboarding Australia members access to what is set to be a great event organised locally on the Sunshine Coast. Keep in touch with us so you can make full use of all the benefits a KA/ KBQNT membership can offer. If you haven't renewed your membership you can follow one of the links above or below! If you are already renewed, hopefully we see you at the our events soon!

- SAVE THE DATE - 1st 2nd & 3rd of DECEMBER -

Kiteboarding Queensland & Northern Territory in conjunction with Kiteboarding Australia are happy to announce the dates of the Queensland Freestyle Kiteboarding State Titles. The State Titles are to be held on the reserve dates of 1st 2nd and 3rd of December. The location is set to be on the beautiful Sunshine Coast at a first class flat water kiteboarding location, the location is still pending permits, so please stay tuned for further confirmation, but in the meantime pencil the dates into the diary and save the date!

Further details will be available in the next couple of weeks along with information on how you can register for the event.

The event is designed to encourage participants from a variety of different abilities and age groups, the different categories include:
Amateurs / Juniors / Womens / Opens / Masters (+35)

Encourage your friends and families to come down and have a "Have-a-go" on the trainer kites that will be on the beach each day of the event. Anybody and everybody is encouraged to come down and have their first taste of kiteboarding.

Be sure to follow the Kiteboarding Australia and KBQNT Facebook pages for future updates about the event.

If you have questions about the event or would like to explore sponsorship opportunities, please contact Jarret Stock at - insp43@gmail.com or call 0404 596 533
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So there is a committee - we will be giving regular heads up.
Chances are we will be asking for one or two helping hands, if that feels like you - PM me or contact through the regular channels.
Thanks
AP. (Still )

AquaPlow
QLD, 1051 posts
6 Oct 2017 11:58AM
Thumbs Up

NB NB Competition Dates 1st 2nd & 3rd of December 2017 NB NB NB
YES.... The Council finally gave us the green light last night - so instead of flogging an UN-realistic deadline we bumped to our fall-back date.

We hope this is more convenient for all planning to attend

Please refer to EVENTS page for links (being updated as I type !)

Cheers - and Apologies

Rick

AquaPlow
QLD, 1051 posts
10 Oct 2017 2:35PM
Thumbs Up

Preview...

A Bargain.. Entry gets you clothing and a few feeds and coaching tips on the Friday from the judges - and the opportunity to have a go..

And due to the interest in the photo comp'- you will be more than likely be able to request photos

Cheers
AP

EastCC
QLD, 354 posts
24 Oct 2017 9:14AM
Thumbs Up

Same date as the NSW comp?

AquaPlow
QLD, 1051 posts
24 Oct 2017 12:02PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
EastCC said..
Same date as the NSW comp?

Yes by the looks of it. It is a state based competition.
We have a policy that any NSW members who do not want to travel to Sydney and live within a couple of hundred Kms of the Qld boarder and want to compete can sign up with us.

The Nationals are in the early NYear so states are trying to slot it in b4 then.

Hopefully next year if we find people want to attend both we can coordinate dates & times..
AND then something can still cause a date shift - Council permits / weather / organisation getting into the swing of things.

Both will be good events and apologies if you had planned to attend both for the experience..
From our end..
I am sure we can be flexible enough to work out if you can be entered into 2 categories at ours if you need more water time!!
Cheers
AP
We want sponsors.... if this is you ..

Underoath
QLD, 2429 posts
24 Oct 2017 12:05PM
Thumbs Up

I put work leave in today.

Hoping to take out the "+30 age group & two buggered knees division."

dafunk
QLD, 559 posts
3 Nov 2017 10:04PM
Thumbs Up

Spewing there is no master class +45 ?

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Queensland

"Qld&NT State Freestyle Titles NOW on first weekend December 2017 at Cotton Tree" started by AquaPlow