Forums > Kitesurfing Queensland

Does anyone kite Redcliffe

Created by mickw > 9 months ago, 3 Dec 2016
mickw
QLD, 2 posts
3 Dec 2016 1:09PM
Thumbs Up

Hi, what is Redcliffe like for kiteing, any hazards, best wind direction and tides?
Thanks for any info

riddim1
QLD, 147 posts
4 Dec 2016 10:28AM
Thumbs Up

You can kite anywhere on the Redcliffe peninsular from Suttons beach northwards (wind direction dependant). There is a tight bunch of Kiter's there but we always welcome newcomers as long as you are respectful and follow common sense. Most spots are maxed out with 10 kites in the air though. I'd recommend jumping on google maps and make your own decision..... or drive around and look for the kites in the sky.
Happy winds!

mickw
QLD, 2 posts
4 Dec 2016 4:32PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for the info guys, appreciate your time and input. I checked the maps, I was just interested find out if anybody kited there regularly.
Have just moved to Caboolture area and trying to decide wether to go to Brighten, Sandgate or Redcliffe.
Winds look good for next few days.

Hardcarve1
QLD, 547 posts
4 Dec 2016 4:53PM
Thumbs Up

Go to Bribie Island better than all the other spots with cleaner water, spots that work in all wind directions and dead flat water through to pressure swells. Close to Caboolture as well.

QLD, 115 posts
4 Dec 2016 6:08PM
Thumbs Up

Queens beach in Redcliffe/Scarborough is the go. It's where most of the local guys kite. Not the easiest place to launch and land but the locals are friendly enough which makes things easier. It takes almost the same amount of time to get to redcliffe as it dose to get to Caloundra from caboolture. Caloundra at the river mouth is awesome on am SE. Woorim at Bribe island is a good option as mentioned. Close, clean water, white sand........

horey69
QLD, 495 posts
6 Dec 2016 7:17AM
Thumbs Up

No one kits here due to stone fish jelly fish and old grumpy locals, Brighton and Sandgate are where it's at.

Shifu
QLD, 1902 posts
6 Dec 2016 10:12AM
Thumbs Up

^^^ Yeah Queens is a rugged spot. You pretty much need to be an expert. Encircling reefs, strong winds, savage chop. All the people there are very hardcore.

NorthernKitesAUS
QLD, 1061 posts
16 Dec 2016 11:03AM
Thumbs Up

I guess this is why you should avoid Queens Beach

www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Windsurfing/General/queens-beach-redcliffe/

And this is really a spot for hardcore experienced kiters.

http://www.kitesurfspots.org/spotguide_redcliffe.html

kernal
WA, 541 posts
16 Dec 2016 5:11PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Shifu said..
^^^ Yeah Queens is a rugged spot. You pretty much need to be an expert. Encircling reefs, strong winds, savage chop. All the people there are very hardcore.

pfffft i kite queens at night time its a piece of piss. you kooks just dont want to share

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Queensland

"Does anyone kite Redcliffe" started by mickw