Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

xenon 138 kiteboard 2013

Created by Kaane > 9 months ago, 15 Jan 2013
Kaane
2 posts
15 Jan 2013 3:22PM
Thumbs Up

My Comments
Just got a 2013 Laluz from intheloop kiteboarding. It was delivered defore I payed for it. The price was way!!! cheaper than at all the big name stores. As well they got me new pads & straps for my old board, which I had smashed to death! under warrenty & without me asking. As for the 2013 Laluz. It might be a fringe board but who ever designed it a genius. It is perfection. The wedgy pads & straps grip & mold to your feet like no other. The 54mm fins & board design make it turn better then boards with more tapered ends of the cross over design. Fast to plain as you would expect & soft as to land on, which is why I got it. The big supprise was It took away that issue of the board slightly bogging or not plaining as well when riding on my left foot. Resulting in my first switch KGB on its first session.

dafrog
321 posts
15 Jan 2013 3:57PM
Thumbs Up

Kaane said...

My Comments
Just got a 2013 Laluz from intheloop kiteboarding. It was delivered defore I payed for it. The price was way!!! cheaper than at all the big name stores. As well they got me new pads & straps for my old board, which I had smashed to death! under warrenty & without me asking. As for the 2013 Laluz. It might be a fringe board but who ever designed it a genius. It is perfection. The wedgy pads & straps grip & mold to your feet like no other. The 54mm fins & board design make it turn better then boards with more tapered ends of the cross over design. Fast to plain as you would expect & soft as to land on, which is why I got it. The big supprise was It took away that issue of the board slightly bogging or not plaining as well when riding on my left foot. Resulting in my first switch KGB on its first session.

any idea of the weight?? cheers

Glokite
WA, 119 posts
15 Jan 2013 4:04PM
Thumbs Up

Getting mine soon can't wait ha ha :)

INTHELOOP
QLD, 1855 posts
17 Jan 2013 8:16AM
Thumbs Up

dafrog said...
Kaane said...

My Comments

any idea of the weight?? cheers

Hi Dafrog,
i chucked it on our scales and the LaLuz weighs in at 2.5kg.
No official weigh from Xenon yet. Hope the new website goes online soon with a bit more info.

dafrog
321 posts
17 Jan 2013 9:45AM
Thumbs Up

Hey thanks for the info,

I knew those guys made light but really awesome boards. Can I get the specs, especially weight of the rayo 137? do you have the large pads mentioned by Xenon on their website for big feet.

I know the Laluz is awesome but I'm more into all around, not only freestyle and was thinking the rayo might be a cheaper option (I have to mention that I'm well impressed by the price and the free delivery, cheaper than the UK!) can you elaborate the different feel between the two boards?

Thanks

INTHELOOP
QLD, 1855 posts
30 Jan 2013 8:15AM
Thumbs Up

dafrog said...
Hey thanks for the info,

I knew those guys made light but really awesome boards. Can I get the specs, especially weight of the rayo 137? do you have the large pads mentioned by Xenon on their website for big feet.

I know the Laluz is awesome but I'm more into all around, not only freestyle and was thinking the rayo might be a cheaper option (I have to mention that I'm well impressed by the price and the free delivery, cheaper than the UK!) can you elaborate the different feel between the two boards?

Thanks

Hi Dafrog
the Rayo/137/42cm weighs in at 2.5kg, so it is a 100grams lighter than the LaLuz/135/41cm. Reason for that is that that the LaLuz is a bit stiffer and thicker through the core with additional carbon which the Rayo doesnt has.

The Feel of the Rayo is a bit more freeride orientated, its softer with less rocker and the tips are a tiny bit narrower as well.

The LaLuz is more orientated towards high end freeride/freestyle riding with more more pop and stiffness than last years while still maintaining the super light feel and effortless pop in any water conditions.
A lot of the LaLuz fans (including myself) love the board for its top performance when you dont have butter flat water.
The speed and pop you will get from the LaLuz in choppy conditions is unmatched out there and the reason why it is such a popular board that people choose riding after they tried it. We are getting a lot of positive feedback from people riding it in waves too.

How do you find this board different to the ones you have previously ridden?

ashkiter
QLD, 431 posts
30 Jan 2013 9:02PM
Thumbs Up

Kaane said...

My Comments

Also got my board delivered before i paid - felt bad and called Intheloop 5mins after it arrived!!! Living in FNQ - its non kite season - cant wait to get it WET!!! this year is all about un-hooked!!!

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"xenon 138 kiteboard 2013" started by Kaane