Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

wainman 2012

Created by ezza06 > 9 months ago, 29 Oct 2011
ezza06
WA, 13 posts
29 Oct 2011 8:01AM
Thumbs Up

Has anyone had a try of the new series wainman been looking at the punch 10.5m any info would grateful.

dogboy
VIC, 22 posts
29 Oct 2011 7:02PM
Thumbs Up

I just got the 10.5 haven't had a chance to fully put it through its paces.. A couple of 15 to 20 kts seshes on a surf board is all I have done so far..
Initial thoughts are good.. turns quick very direct feel.. To be honest so far so good.
I will post up more details in the next few days ( wind and wife permitting )

ezza06
WA, 13 posts
29 Oct 2011 5:34PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for that I have gypsy 7m and 9m smoke thinking the punch will be better suited when its 15 knots onwards as my nine sometimes isnt quite enough as I weigh 95kgs I use the seven from about 24 to 30+ knots and the nine for me works 18 to 26-28knots did you get a new bar with if so is it any good?

dogboy
VIC, 22 posts
31 Oct 2011 1:18PM
Thumbs Up

You on the money ezza. I also have a full rabbt waren but the 9 just didnt have the grunt in sub 15 kts. So I have doen the same upgraded to the 10.5
I am very impressed. The kite seems to be as fast if not faster in the turn than the old 9, I have it set on fast and downwind settings. I had a sesh in 13 to 18 kts bar pressure was similar and the new bar is very clean. safety seems to work well under the bar and he floats down the line whist hitting the lips perfectly.. I havent needed to try relaunch yet but my suspician will be it relaunces the same as previos versions eg quickly

The constrcution is like previos rabbits.. Bombproof the fabric seems thicker and stiffer than previos version and has reinforcments in all the places you would expect

All in all the punch is a gr8 kite for me in 14-25kts My Gypo takes over from 25 upwards :-)
FYI I am about 85kg

HTH

K

ezza06
WA, 13 posts
31 Oct 2011 10:30PM
Thumbs Up

Was hoping that would be the case.Now I need to lose the winter bulge Season starting to kick into gear over here fingers crossed last season was a fizzer too many cyclones hanging of the coast due to water temp was 27 degress off gero.Have you tried your kites in "c" kite or single line configuation never tried myself maybe give it a go this year.Thats why I love these kites the ability to adjust 'V' bridle to suit conditions and riding style.

newo
WA, 250 posts
1 Nov 2011 6:10PM
Thumbs Up

are they one pump yet?

ezza06
WA, 13 posts
1 Nov 2011 9:26PM
Thumbs Up

Don't think so no big deal time yourself when pumping up probably saves 2 minutes Go the KISS method (Keep it Simple Stupid)besides roll it as a carrot (leave your struts up)and your ready to go next session.

pedleym
WA, 168 posts
3 Nov 2011 2:11AM
Thumbs Up

Picked it up Yesterday from jason at west oz
havent flown build quality looks awsome
the bar is really nice.
the safety is simple and clean
will get up some more info once iv been for a session

dogboy
VIC, 22 posts
4 Nov 2011 11:15AM
Thumbs Up

Just to update on the relaunch capabilities.. I was out in about 20 kts onshore waveriding, swell was a good 4ft some well overhead.. I was having so much fun on one of these beasts I forgot the kite and rode under it... DOH.. Anyways the kite went down a wave hit it.. It balled up and got smashed again. I yanked on one of the lines and up he popped ready to take me onto another wave ..

A bit later the wind dropped to below 10 kts I attemted to get to shore by looping the bejezus out of it but hit a calm spot.. the kite dropped there was NOT A flutter of wind.. I waited for a small gust, gave a yank on a steering line and yep you guesed it.. Up he popped.

So in conclusion these kites most definatly are bombproof and have extremely good relaunch capabilities
HTH

K

ezza06
WA, 13 posts
6 Nov 2011 1:10PM
Thumbs Up

cool dog boy,these kites launch nearly automatically I've never had trouble except in seaweed,found a vid on you tube here it is below

can't wait ill I get one

ezza06
WA, 13 posts
6 Nov 2011 9:04PM
Thumbs Up

photos look great pedleym smoke is it,swivel looks like it will do the job hey

pedleym
WA, 168 posts
8 Nov 2011 2:30AM
Thumbs Up

ezza06 said...

photos look great pedleym smoke is it,swivel looks like it will do the job hey

yeh the smoke had it out twice now in marginal gusty conditions
best thing about these kite is they still seem to steer with slack lines.
so far so good. the swivel works really well. i dont like the flaging line but have setup for double depower easy enough.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"wainman 2012" started by ezza06