underground boards

Created by rusty7 > 9 months ago, 1 Feb 2010
rusty7
QLD, 504 posts
1 Feb 2010 9:32AM
Thumbs Up

Rider: 95kgs intermediate,advanced.
My Comments:
Recently rode a couple of the new underground boards.......really impressed. Felt they were worthy of a bit of a review.
Stella 144x46, wind ..crap - the odd white cap(hard to even keep the kite in the sky. Even the 19m fly surfers were parked up.) 13m Ozone Edge. I actually got up and kited upwind. The board didn't feel like a barn door, it was very smooth. Henry went out on the board and was kiting upwind toeside, and even doing a few tricks. Best performing light wind board I have ever riden.

Styx 142x43, wind 20 - 25knots, big chop, 11m C4. I normally would ride my beloved TB. I wanted to give the Styx crack in really rough water. I have just returned to kiting after a complete patella tendon rupture so believe me when I say I feel every bump, and it was friggin bumpy yesterday. This board rode incredibly well. Very smooth, went upwind really well, was able to load the board well due to quick response and it popped well. Landing jumps was smooth and the board responded well to hard landings with out to much slip. No complaints from my knee. Another really good board.
Well done underground. A couple of really good boards.

Smithy
VIC, 858 posts
1 Feb 2010 4:06PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for the update Rusty,
Have you kited with the current FLX, if so how would you compare the Styx??

Andrew S

rusty7
QLD, 504 posts
1 Feb 2010 5:05PM
Thumbs Up

Smithy .....yep i have had the FLX out but only for one short sesson, upwind fine did everything it should, but in the end my knee told me ..... I like the Styx better. The Styx actually compares well to my TB, I would probibly cut the fins down abit to make it a bit looser.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"underground boards" started by rusty7