Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

shinn board handle to thin.

Created by Greenarrowz > 9 months ago, 12 Feb 2016
Greenarrowz
NSW, 301 posts
12 Feb 2016 7:35PM
Thumbs Up

Shinn king gee / bronq handles are a bit on the thin side.
2 months old...... pick up my board and the handle snapped,then clamped on my little finger and cut the sh"t out of it..and refused to stop bleeding..so i promtly decided to finish my session cos i dont want BRUCE sniffing around...talk to kitepower they say im not the first.

djdojo
VIC, 1607 posts
12 Feb 2016 9:04PM
Thumbs Up

cue anti-handle rants. handles add weight, cost and weak points to your board. the sooner they get so thin they're not even there, the better.

as you get more skilled you'll never use the handle anyway. sorry about your finger.

SibboV1
368 posts
12 Feb 2016 6:46PM
Thumbs Up

Do your research on the "biggest boosting handle" if you decide to purchase a new one.

Greenarrowz
NSW, 301 posts
12 Feb 2016 10:55PM
Thumbs Up

Talking to an older fart today said his mate was gonna make an extended handle so he didnt have to lean over as far to grab it...lol
They wear the nappy harness and resticts movement.

djdojo
VIC, 1607 posts
12 Feb 2016 11:14PM
Thumbs Up

seriously, why grab it at all? pick your board up by a strap or just carry it under your arm.

if you're using the handle to pull the board onto your straps whilst in the water, then you'll be pleased to know that even with tight straps you can wiggle your feet in without touching the board at all with your hands. try it - handles serve no purpose.

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
12 Feb 2016 8:54PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Greenarrowz said...

2 months old...... pick up my board and the handle snapped,then clamped on my little finger and cut the sh"t out of it..and refused to stop bleeding..so i promtly decided to finish my session cos i dont want BRUCE sniffing around...talk to kitepower they say im not the first.

Just ask for a replacement at your dealer, you'll not have a genuine warrant issue with shinn brand, if your dealers slack then email adventure sports balcatta, I've a spare
But I do agree they're a tad thin, IMHO you don't need a handle
Putting a handle on the bronq is just plain wrong

ActionSportsWA
WA, 953 posts
12 Feb 2016 10:55PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Cauncy,

Not sure Adventure Sports do Shinn, but Action Sports WA in Balcatta do

Greenarrowz
NSW, 301 posts
13 Feb 2016 6:35AM
Thumbs Up

Decisions......hmmm

Biggest boosting handle Vs No handle...

Wait..
Would the biggest boosting handle outboost .....
No handle?

tard
WA, 22 posts
13 Feb 2016 4:16AM
Thumbs Up

Handle or no handle how high can you boost?

tard
WA, 22 posts
13 Feb 2016 7:28AM
Thumbs Up

Nothing to say about your "boosting"
In the immortal word of Mr Freeze "hmmm"

fingerbone
NSW, 921 posts
13 Feb 2016 11:55AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Greenarrowz said..
Talking to an older fart today said his mate was gonna make an extended handle so he didnt have to lean over as far to grab it...lol

Just for the record. ( the old fart 60 ) can do more on a kite including regular 5-6m jumps than most people half his age.
The guy that wants to put an extended handle on his TT ( 65 ) competitively races blow carts, vintage motor bikes.
I hope I have half the get up and go as these guys when I am their age. Respect.

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
13 Feb 2016 10:26AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
ActionSportsWA said...
Hey Cauncy,

I'm confused ATM too much action and adventures lately,

Stunning board minus the handle

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
13 Feb 2016 10:31AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Greenarrowz said...

If you had the bag you'd of known

[;

Handle with care

Greenarrowz
NSW, 301 posts
13 Feb 2016 5:23PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
cauncy said...
ActionSportsWA said...
Hey Cauncy,

I'm confused ATM too much action and adventures lately,

Stunning board minus the handle

Looks sweet cauncy....just took the handle off the bronq... i think i can live with that.
RE:Tard....Nice NE all day awesome session... I consider boosting to start around 10m -12m isnt anything under that just jumping? Im not at that level and to be honest its not the sole reason i kite. If you want to hear something i am better at ask me about finances and realestate.

Greenarrowz
NSW, 301 posts
13 Feb 2016 7:34PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
fingerbone said...
Greenarrowz said..

Just for the record. ( the old fart 60 ) can do more on a kite including regular 5-6m jumps than most people half his age.
The guy that wants to put an extended handle on his TT ( 65 ) competitively races blow carts, vintage motor bikes.
I hope I have half the get up and go as these guys when I am their age. Respect.

Vice president of the old farts redthumb club...
Is that better.

tard
WA, 22 posts
14 Feb 2016 6:01AM
Thumbs Up

Greenarrowz ,last time I looked this was a kiting forum so
why would I ask you about finance or real estate?If you
can't get off the water then just man up and admit it-
no shame,and certainly no reason to be offended by my
question.By the way it sounds like you are really endearing
yourself to your local crew!Enough said.

Drury
NSW, 502 posts
14 Feb 2016 10:32AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
cauncy said..

Greenarrowz said...

Just ask for a replacement at your dealer, you'll not have a genuine warrant issue with shinn brand, if your dealers slack then email adventure sports balcatta, I've a spare

Nice dude. We aren't slack. He's being sent one express without waiting for Shinn to say anything.

Greenarrowz
NSW, 301 posts
14 Feb 2016 11:33AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Drury said...
cauncy said..

Greenarrowz said...

Nice dude. We aren't slack. He's being sent one express without waiting for Shinn to say anything.

Much appreciated and as always Kitepower crew have it sorted.

RE:Tard your just a local troll. Blow me.

SavIb
NSW, 102 posts
14 Feb 2016 7:54PM
Thumbs Up

I don't recall ever red thumbing anyone, I'd rather kite than talk s!?t on SB. I suspect you broke the handle with the face plant in the flats the other day. I don't think that handle was ever designed to lift a stuck Gee from wet sand.

Greenarrowz
NSW, 301 posts
14 Feb 2016 11:44PM
Thumbs Up

Hahahaha....who cares. I broke my handle and your Kgee is expired due to fatigue cracks... i seen you practicing your body drag this arvo ..nice. Ill give the same respect i get from yous.
Were not learning if you dont crash some of the time.
Handles are to thin. Full Stop.

roundguts
NSW, 33 posts
15 Feb 2016 9:22AM
Thumbs Up

You don't get it do you?This thread turned
sour because of your comments about myself
and Mick. Respect??? Do the local crew get on here
whingeing about your launches in the
park or kiting 15m from people in the pond?
That is what will get kiting banned from there!
ps I didn't red thumb you either

SavIb
NSW, 102 posts
15 Feb 2016 10:12AM
Thumbs Up

Again true to form, if a 150x50 board is lying on wet sticky sand I'm saying that handle will break 50% of the time. It's just not designed to be used like that.

Respect....... I can only think of one person who has lost my respect at our local. After multiple safety and public endangerment incidents, repeated verbal discussions, what are the locals to do? We don't want our sport to get banned.

The DD or Danger D wasn't me, your peers have obviously given up on you also.

I suggest you reflect on your behaviour (possibly make some changes) before this gets out of hand.

For the record I did just red thumbed you

Greenarrowz
NSW, 301 posts
15 Feb 2016 12:23PM
Thumbs Up

So someone dives there kite on me...and its my fault..even richard the kiter mentioned said it was his fault.
And fatguts were all old farts...im in the video...named old farts..just goes to show how bias you really are when one person can use that term but not another..
Many many kiters use that park to launch and land so i dont know what your point is with that. 3 months ago i watched you tomahawked your kite near kids in the pond...yes i seen it and said nothing cos i knew what your reponse would be.
While were here why dont you mention how you looped my kite several times on the water while trying to launch it..then tomahawked it 2 times and when i came to help you..you pull on the lines and cut through my harness my wet suit and into my waist... i still have the scar. Thanks.
At the time i had just a few months of kiting under my belt.
What a learning curve...I said little at that time.

Problem here is you dont have the respect to talk about it in person...just make judgements between yourselves.
At least here i have a voice that you do listen to.

Ffs who writes dribble on copper logs..lol

I dont get this attitude from any of the others that kite around here...just you to woo-weilding heroes.
My misses was right.

roundguts
NSW, 33 posts
15 Feb 2016 1:19PM
Thumbs Up

what a load of bull****,I won't
even dignify that crap with a
response.

Greenarrowz
NSW, 301 posts
15 Feb 2016 1:22PM
Thumbs Up

Cant compete with the truth.

SavIb
NSW, 102 posts
15 Feb 2016 1:57PM
Thumbs Up

I've spoken to you many times in person about the endless learning curve kiteboarding is.

Everyone is still learning daily, it's how you apply that learning that counts.

Yes some people have put kites down and a lot have put them in the trees. I know whilst I kite at primbee it will always be a risk. I accept that it's part of kiting there.

The older people are and the more time invested in this sport the harder it is to change there ideas. But this is all normal behavior. I suffer from this too.

All of us think we know best, you have too, otherwise you would just sit in your car waiting for somebody to land and launch you.

Stop putting others at risk, don't launch at warilla near the bbq's with scores of people around. We all want grass to grass but one mishap and we get banned. Yes we all do this from time to time, you just always pick the wrong time. Maybe it was all the young women at the party and you wanted to prove something?

And while we are on it, don't try and land your kite whilst people are clearing the landing zone at primbee. I hadn't even moved my kite or tidied my lines whilst landing 2 other kiters and you go and try and drop your kite on me.

Never ever try that again.

Everybody else seems reasonable, we all have tiffs and get over it. Why can't you acknowledge your mistakes and move on. Oh that's right it's always somebody else's fault.

SavIb
NSW, 102 posts
15 Feb 2016 2:42PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Greenarrowz said...
So someone dives there kite on me...and its my fault..even richard the kiter mentioned said it was his fault.

Richard a learner with what? 10hrs total experience. Riding an edge (which many people suggested was not for him) massively overpowered and you ride near him. I spent hrs talking to you about how the better kiter must try and avoid beginners.

Your response....... Not my fault.

Upwind of learners....... Your kite scares them.

Downwind of learners..... Watch out.

Do you still honestly think that no fault should be assigned to you in this specific case? Really? After reflection nothing?

This is the problem......

kitebt
NSW, 325 posts
15 Feb 2016 3:10PM
Thumbs Up

This thread went South awfully quickly.....I think you guys should all meet down at your local and sort this out man to man rather than hiding behind a key board

Greenarrowz
NSW, 301 posts
15 Feb 2016 4:07PM
Thumbs Up

Yep we never stop learning in all aspects of life....

Of coarse ive taken on board how that kite happened to crash on me....
I was too close.
I wasnt upwind or downwind of him.
Our tacks meet at the end of each other.
He explained to me a gust wipped his kite from
12 o clock to the wrong side.... (his words)

It didnt help that i watched him tacking back and forth
In the same pattern...then all of a sudden he turned to me out of control and crashed it.
Richard and i got over it that day.

Its not a matter of not hearing advice...
Things happen fast at times on the water you of all people know that from your recent stitches and time off the water.

Im not the only one who stuffs up and i wont be the last.
People with attitudes who dont cater for less advanced kiters is were things get sticky...me inclusive.

gesper
NSW, 517 posts
15 Feb 2016 5:02PM
Thumbs Up

Greenarrowz said

Ffs who writes dribble on copper logs ..lol

I did ( ill bet that surprised you ).
I did it to try and get a message across .
Ill talk later when I see you about why

SavIb
NSW, 102 posts
15 Feb 2016 5:03PM
Thumbs Up

This was my last attempt to help you champ!

Good luck, you dragged me into this so I thought I would try one last time.

Dam I really thought SB would sort this issue out?

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"shinn board handle to thin." started by Greenarrowz