Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

need the 5th line bridle for m80 LF and manual

Created by dolagobla1 > 9 months ago, 29 Mar 2006
dolagobla1
SA, 74 posts
29 Mar 2006 7:30PM
Thumbs Up

any 1 know a site i can download instructions for m80 and the lines that connect the leading edge to the 5th lines as i need a set
and i need instruction on how to set up. HELP HELP
ty

Brighton Kiter Rhys
WA, 196 posts
29 Mar 2006 6:12PM
Thumbs Up

Dude, just make one, go to any sailing shop and buy some thin spectra or something, tie one end to the middle bridal attachent point, stretch it out so its about 10cm longer than level with the tips of the kite, then cut it there, tie 4 or 5 knots each 5cm, do maybe 5? then tie another knot halfway down the middle line.
so now you should have one single 5th line bridal, with a knot in the middle.

now make the sides of the bridal by attaching the new bit of line to the side attachment points, run the rope in to the main bridal line in the middle, where you tied the knot, cut it 5cm longer than it needs to be, then do a simple larks head around the middle line, UNDER the knot you tied in the middle earlier,
same for the other side,

if you can understand that, well done, wat size you got?

oh, and to set it up, start with it on the end knot, then fly it, land it and move it up one knot if its too slack, keep on goin untill, with the bar all the way in, it sits a little bit slack, so theres basically no tension in it at all...

m80s dont like 5th line pressure

dolagobla1
SA, 74 posts
29 Mar 2006 8:58PM
Thumbs Up

thanks for a the help. you wouldnt know where there would be a diagram or something got other line set ups but new to the 5th line set ups. oh yer its a 9m

Brighton Kiter Rhys
WA, 196 posts
31 Mar 2006 7:33AM
Thumbs Up

\|/
.|
.|

lol, once i get home ill take a picy and some measurements of wat my 9m m80 bridal is so you got some exact measurements

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"need the 5th line bridle for m80 LF and manual" started by dolagobla1