VIC, 35 posts
5 Jan 2015 11:03PM
Thumbs Up

Rider: Weight 118kg on a good day!,Level ,intermediate
Style: Freeriding, Surf
Weather: 12-30 knots
Build Quality: /10
Satisfaction: ?/10
Disclosure: buy my own, finally upgraded from my old Venon twin skins to a bunch of new LEI's

My Comments:

Right lets get to the chase, I'm big 120kg on a good day, 44in waist! I've been protecting my 6 pack for a number of years now and its cost me a lot of money in beer, wine and food!!!

Need help form other big guys on a new harness, I've searched high and low and trying to find a harness that fits my well padded 6 pack is proving to be a real task!
Best Ive seen so far and this is only on the internet as most shops don't think anyone exists over 85kgs is a DaKine renegade XXL goes up to 42in and can get additional "power belt extender" from what I was emailed from DaKine directly...........This is great but noone seems to stock it in this size! Have asked several shops that sell DaKine if they can order one in but little feed back.
I'm arriving home in Melbourne from overseas on the 12th Jan and need to get something by the 15th as going away with new kites for 2 weeks.
Anyone got any suggestions?
By the way this will be my first waist harness, was using an old Pro Limit seat harness that was butchered by a sailmaker for me some years ago but its seen better days.
I'm open to sticking to a seat harness but whatever fits really!

MDSXR6T
WA, 1019 posts
6 Jan 2015 1:26AM
Thumbs Up

I'm a fair chunk heavier but with a 40" waist and last summer i tried on an XXL flying objects waist harness and it was a a little big. I remember their XL size being bigger than my Ion XL harness.

Long term you have a custom Engine option. Not a great deal more expensive but will be a long process.

RickyDee
NSW, 46 posts
9 Jan 2015 8:02AM
Thumbs Up

Hey mate, I'm 115 kgs and 40in waist. I have both seat and waist harnesses and I reckon the seat harness is the way to go for those of us with the 'fuller figure' - they don't ride up over your 6-pack which is way more comfortable. I use Dakine Nitrous shorts - the largest size is 38in - I just squeeze in those ok. There are a few good seat harness designs around which go up bigger if you need it. Cheers.

Kamikuza
QLD, 6493 posts
9 Jan 2015 3:25PM
Thumbs Up

Dakine harnesses fit big - a XXL Renegade will fit fine. So will XXL Mystic harnesses. I got a Mystic Star hybrid and it's much more comfy than either the Fusion or the Renegade...
my waist is about yours too.

greenleader
QLD, 5283 posts
9 Jan 2015 4:05PM
Thumbs Up

SurfFX on the gold coast have XXL Dakine Fusion harnesses in stock always a fave with the big boys.

subseaos
VIC, 35 posts
10 Jan 2015 12:15PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks guys,

Found a place who could supply and went with a Renegade and a fusion, will try both see which works out better, always did use a seat harness because of the waist harnesses riding up over the well padded 6 pack as Rickydee pointed out! but wanted to give one a try again.

Will let you all know how they go over the next few weeks along with a review of my new Shinn King Gee 150x50, Shinn Speedball W18, North Juice 18m and Rebel 14m, gonna be a fun few weeks in Victoria before packing it all up and heading home to the Philippines see how things go there.

Cheers

johnnydiesel
WA, 8 posts
18 Jan 2015 10:26PM
Thumbs Up

Am pretty close to your size have been using a Pat Love K pro seat harness from Drew at WA Surf great harness fits really well can get it so it doesn't fall down and has alloy buckles and really good quality buckles probably used it about 100 times and as a learner I have been trashed a few times it has stood up to a lot of abuse Cheers jd

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"kite Harness for big boys" started by subseaos