Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

flexifoil fusion 2

Created by webby7 > 9 months ago, 13 Jan 2009
webby7
QLD, 145 posts
13 Jan 2009 6:59PM
Thumbs Up

I've been offered a flexifoil fusion 2 for trade with my 08 starkite.
Has anyone had much experience on them. are they a good kite? I prefer the C kites over the bow kites.
cheers
Webby

Karve
VIC, 197 posts
14 Jan 2009 11:14AM
Thumbs Up

I'm Biased as I import them.

But they are a good 'c' kite with a cleatable 5th line system that gives them a good wind range. The turning speed is not the fastest but it loops well and is very stable for wakestyle tricks. Good solid C kite with a nice simple bar and good safety system (push away release easy to reset with a single hand) bar is slim diameter as really grippy with protection for your little fingers too.

Relaunch is as any 5th line c kite. but you can set it up to reverse launch (more for snow use) I think you need to build a small bridle though.

Will feel very different to the Starkite in the way it flies though, as i think these have the most direct steering feel of any of the 07 Flexifoil's and most other brands of the time.

webby7
QLD, 145 posts
20 Jan 2009 2:32PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks carve, how do they rate against the Raven's. I fly a 12m raven and after flying a few other kites it's starting to feel sluggish and fairly primitive.
would it be much of an upgrade or pretty much the same?

Karve
VIC, 197 posts
24 Jan 2009 8:25AM
Thumbs Up

I can't really comment on that as I have never flown a raven. I found the Fusion two was sort of similar to a north vegas in terms of depowerability but a bit lighter on the bar pressure (still very direct though)

andrewm
WA, 243 posts
24 Jan 2009 6:37AM
Thumbs Up

The fusion wont invert and fly as nicely inside out as the starkite. May take a while getting used to seeing your struts on the side they were supposed to be

webby7
QLD, 145 posts
25 Jan 2009 3:09PM
Thumbs Up

andrewm said...

The fusion wont invert and fly as nicely inside out as the starkite. May take a while getting used to seeing your struts on the side they were supposed to be

I'm guessing you inverted a starkite at some stage mate. did you have the leash rigged suicide or flagged to one line?

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"flexifoil fusion 2" started by webby7