Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

best freeride board ? shinn , nobile , wainman ?

Created by johnojjohnso > 9 months ago, 15 Apr 2014
johnojjohnso
NSW, 44 posts
7 Jul 2014 10:51PM
Thumbs Up

found a dundee in my price range finally but its the 135 i was going for the 133 at 70kg what do you guys think going to be to big and should wait for the right size or what the hell ?

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
7 Jul 2014 9:24PM
Thumbs Up

Wouldn't worry about the bit of extra area on the shinn boards, their great edging qualities let you get away with it

NoBS
WA, 908 posts
8 Jul 2014 8:13AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
puppetonastring said...
I sell a lot of stuff and never make pimp sounding comments on anything else in stock here.

Oh dear.....

NoBS
WA, 908 posts
8 Jul 2014 8:27AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
johnojjohnso said...
found a dundee in my price range finally but its the 135 i was going for the 133 at 70kg what do you guys think going to be to big and should wait for the right size or what the hell ?

Why buy something that you don't want..hold Out for the right size because what's the point of getting another larger board when your riding will improve and you will want a smaller board??

johnojjohnso
NSW, 44 posts
8 Jul 2014 11:39PM
Thumbs Up

yeah that was what i was thinking but was not sure if 2cm made much difference

KiterBen
SA, 161 posts
8 Jul 2014 11:18PM
Thumbs Up

Cardboards fr

CrashTestOZ
QLD, 75 posts
13 Jul 2014 10:28AM
Thumbs Up

Naish Motion - not as popular as others on our beaches but an awesome freeride board. Not to mention the price when on sale :)

puppetonastring
WA, 3619 posts
13 Jul 2014 4:51PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
johnojjohnso said..

70kgs - imo 131 but 133 no problem.
We are probably the last resort for kiters keen on a Dundee - in Oz at least. We have 1x131 ; 1x133 ; 2x135.Unless we can scam a few more boards from Europe somewhere that will be it.

ActionSportsWA
WA, 953 posts
14 Jul 2014 10:55AM
Thumbs Up

Hi Guys,

My 2c worth. At 70kg, anywhere between 132 and 134 would be perfect depending upon how powered up you ride. 2cm will make bugger all difference, it's more about the width than the length. 39.5-40cm wide will be ideal for that weight range you speak of. The wider yo go, the lighter the wind you can get away wth, but you sacrifice control at the upper end of wind speed.

Some great boards I recommend: North X-Ride (freeride), North Jaime (Free ride/style), North Select (Ultimate full carbon freeride), Core Fusion (Excellent full carbon freeride), Best Armada (Carbon crossbraced freeride), Best Pro-Creator (Carbon free ride/style), Cardboards FR (Only available second hand now )

Of this bunch, ranging in price from $899 to $1450, the 2014 Select is the most expensive, but the most amazing board I have ever ridden, the X-Ride is possibly the most popular high quality board freerider, The Armada is amazing for the price ($899) and holds it's own again much more expensive boards, the Fusion is possibly the best value, super lightweight, full carbon board, the Pro-Creator is my new personal fave after riding it at the Best dealer meeting, love it!

Lots of great boards available these days, demo first, then buy with confidence.

DM

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"best freeride board ? shinn , nobile , wainman ?" started by johnojjohnso