Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

Zian kite dealers

Created by maxpower1 > 9 months ago, 10 Nov 2018
maxpower1
WA, 12 posts
10 Nov 2018 10:15PM
Thumbs Up

Interested in getting a Zian kite. But struggling to find Ozzy shops selling them. Tried Elements kiteboarding in Perth and Unhooked watersports I think their name is and both are out of stock. Anyone know of other shops selling them? Want to get a new kite but can't afford the more popular brands at the moment.

Fly on da wall
SA, 725 posts
11 Nov 2018 6:54AM
Thumbs Up

Try Buzz or Switch kites. They're cheap.

psychojoe
WA, 1785 posts
11 Nov 2018 12:33PM
Thumbs Up

You just missed Airbornes carpark sale.
Bad timing.

Brian1bear
NSW, 8 posts
14 Nov 2018 10:56AM
Thumbs Up

Unhooked water sports Wollongong.
Call Ben 0433161110

quikdrawMcgraw
1221 posts
18 Dec 2018 5:47PM
Thumbs Up

Just a observation: There's a quite few zian kites here in Vietnam and the riders are ripping on them.

Ozone Kites Aus
NSW, 884 posts
Site Sponsor
19 Dec 2018 8:59AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
maxpower1 said..
Interested in getting a Zian kite. But struggling to find Ozzy shops selling them. Tried Elements kiteboarding in Perth and Unhooked watersports I think their name is and both are out of stock. Anyone know of other shops selling them? Want to get a new kite but can't afford the more popular brands at the moment.

Go and see your local shop, see what they have in used gear, shops provide warranty on their used stuff and prices are well under new kites.

JOYRIDER
705 posts
19 Dec 2018 9:19AM
Thumbs Up

Just buy a 2009 North Dice.They are the same kite and at least you'll know the kite is built properly.

Toesup
WA, 93 posts
11 Jan 2019 1:23PM
Thumbs Up

Hay Maxpower how did you go with Zian kites?Im trying to Demo the Kima

NorthernKitesAUS
QLD, 1059 posts
11 Jan 2019 3:33PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
JOYRIDER said..
Just buy a 2009 North Dice.They are the same kite and at least you'll know the kite is built properly.

LOL.. You mean buy a Zian and *then* by a North and compare if they are built properly.

rwtaaffe
NSW, 92 posts
14 Jan 2019 10:52AM
Thumbs Up

Zian Kima is a very good wave kite imo. Would have bought a quiver if stock was available when I was shopping. I rode a mates 9m and was impressed. Have since bought a 5m Kima and as a strong wind kite and am more than happy with it. (Thanks Martyn)

joelz87
VIC, 118 posts
14 Jan 2019 2:27PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Brian1bear said..
Unhooked water sports Wollongong.
Call Ben 0433161110

Second Unhooked watersports in wollongong, check out the Fluid kites, really nice build quality and fun to use for a decent price!
Have tried Dan the Rep in Melbournes gear a number of times and have been really happy every time!

maxpower1
WA, 12 posts
17 Jan 2019 6:23PM
Thumbs Up

Had no luck with zian kites.
So. I ended up buying a 10.5 buzz kite. Using it now for about a month.
For me. I find no problems with the kite. I am no gun kiter, but I do have at least nine years experience and have owned a few different brands. I find the kite responsive, easy relaunch, enough grunt to get me airborn pretty easy. I like the bar because it is straight forwad easy to use, no unneccessery frills. Overall, for what I want out of my kiting the kite does it for me. The staff at buzz were good. And for the price I can't complain.

Samuellae
NSW, 57 posts
30 Oct 2019 10:12PM
Thumbs Up

I bought a Hautu in Sri Lanka while there on a trip...wasn't planning to, but my old kite packed it in with delam and it was cooked...
Got the Hantu in green, 11m. I stood it next to a north kite on the beach and it looked pretty much the same with where the panels and stitching were put together.
At first the strut hoses were too long and were kinking and not filling up, so had to shorten them to stop that. Seemed like a weird oversight...but no problems since then, it's a year old now. Probably not as much drift as a neo or reo, but comparable to Edge etc.
And soooooo cheap...I think it was $1100 Aussie brand new or something crazy...unless you count the plane ticket to Sri Lanka haha

SaveTheWhales
WA, 1869 posts
30 Oct 2019 7:28PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
maxpower1 said..
Had no luck with zian kites.
So. I ended up buying a 10.5 buzz kite. Using it now for about a month.
For me. I find no problems with the kite. I am no gun kiter, but I do have at least nine years experience and have owned a few different brands. I find the kite responsive, easy relaunch, enough grunt to get me airborn pretty easy. I like the bar because it is straight forwad easy to use, no unneccessery frills. Overall, for what I want out of my kiting the kite does it for me. The staff at buzz were good. And for the price I can't complain.

Its a very good kite - be sure to rig the Pro-bridle on it, unless wave riding

SaveTheWhales
WA, 1869 posts
30 Oct 2019 7:31PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Samuellae said..
And soooooo cheap...I think it was $1100 Aussie brand new or something crazy...unless you count the plane ticket to Sri Lanka haha

Could have save a whole lotta money catching the train - something like 80 cents for 3/4 the way up the island :)

Swavek
WA, 393 posts
31 Oct 2019 6:55AM
Thumbs Up

That is business class, you can save another 30 cents if you don't book business :-)

Happykitr
QLD, 59 posts
31 Oct 2019 7:00PM
Thumbs Up

Ok Zian kite lovers.
They are rising like the Phoenix.
They are rebranded as Ventum kites.
Gear will be available in 3 wks plus.
Prices will be awesome i.e. accessible.
First kites off the rank are the kima v5 and hantu v5.
Rebranded as freeride and a crossover kite with different names.
Kites were good lowland sports is the manufacturer. Shows manufacturing process on there page so all looking good for kiters wanting kites for 1k plus cheaper than name brand kites in shops.
Of course haters gonna hate but market direct is the way of the future of kite sales.
Especially for experienced kiters who know what they want instead of walking into a shop to hustle for a good price and have some so called young gun extolling the virtues of how good the kites are.
When I've been kiting longer than his been alive.
Good to have options switch, takoon,gin,ullman,gong, fluid,Hyde kites and vantage and now ventum.
So definitely have a market for direct sales as more are getting into the game.
Let the games begin.
And they guy from zian got screwed by his partner as is common in the kite industry.
So setting up his own.
He has been very transparent and honest.
Admitted to all of the accusations and came out clean imho.

psychojoe
WA, 1785 posts
31 Oct 2019 7:26PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Happy2kite said..
Ok Zian kite lovers.
They are rising like the Phoenix.
They are rebranded as Ventum kites.
Gear will be available in 3 wks plus.
Prices will be awesome i.e. accessible.
First kites off the rank are the kima v5 and hantu v5.
Rebranded as freeride and a crossover kite with different names.
Kites were good lowland sports is the manufacturer. Shows manufacturing process on there page so all looking good for kiters wanting kites for 1k plus cheaper than name brand kites in shops.
Of course haters gonna hate but market direct is the way of the future of kite sales.
Especially for experienced kiters who know what they want instead of walking into a shop to hustle for a good price and have some so called young gun extolling the virtues of how good the kites are.
When I've been kiting longer than his been alive.
Good to have options switch, takoon,gin,ullman,gong, fluid,Hyde kites and vantage and now ventum.
So definitely have a market for direct sales as more are getting into the game.
Let the games begin.
And they guy from zian got screwed by his partner as is common in the kite industry.
So setting up his own.
He has been very transparent and honest.
Admitted to all of the accusations and came out clean imho.

You forgot to mention Ikon.
Ben makes awesome kites, and he's local.

magnusod
29 posts
1 Nov 2019 12:22AM
Thumbs Up

Who is the 'Guy' that is back in business. I assume that you refer to Robert Berendes as the screwed by partner or...

Maybe it's good to have a middle man to not end up like these people did https://www.facebook.com/ZianKites/posts/2449596018512655
How do we know that it's not just people who go bankrupt and then are reinkarnated in a new company...

Where can we read about that he has been very transparent and honest?

Happykitr
QLD, 59 posts
1 Nov 2019 5:46AM
Thumbs Up

magnusod said..
Who is the 'Guy' that is back in business. I assume that you refer to Robert Berendes as the screwed by partner or...

Maybe it's good to have a middle man to not end up like these people did https://www.facebook.com/ZianKites/posts/2449596018512655
How do we know that it's not just people who go bankrupt and then are reinkarnated in a new company...

Where can we read about that he has been very transparent and honest?

Because I asked about the 200k that went missing and other stories.
I recieved an honest answer.
This guy has also been screwed by who you reference.
I'm not affiliated with the company just good for more players in the game.
Brings competition and innovation as well as good prices.

And yes those ikon kites look good. Didn't even know about them or them being market direct.
But $2660 for a 10m with bar is a rip off for market direct. I can buy new North from a shop for that price lol.
That's probably why never heard of them.

bjw
NSW, 3566 posts
1 Nov 2019 10:16AM
Thumbs Up

It's funny that people still think market direct is the way of the future, yet the trend is overwhelmingly going back to shops. Duotone has only got stronger and Switch is getting weaker.

Factory direct makes sense, but it isn't happening yet.

maliyatyra
17 posts
10 Nov 2019 7:41PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
NorthernKitesAUS said..

JOYRIDER said..

LOL.. You mean buy a Zian and *then* by a North and compare if they are built properly.

Just a observation: There's a quite few zian kites here in Vietnam and the riders are ripping on them.

maliyatyra
17 posts
11 Nov 2019 6:07AM
Thumbs Up

maliyatyra said..

NorthernKitesAUS said..

JOYRIDER said..

rufus.vip/ https://www.ucbrowser.pro/ filezilla.software/

jamesperth
WA, 610 posts
23 Nov 2019 1:38PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bjw said..
It's funny that people still think market direct is the way of the future, yet the trend is overwhelmingly going back to shops. Duotone has only got stronger and Switch is getting weaker.

Factory direct makes sense, but it isn't happening yet.

Certainly don't see many customer direct kites on the water !

Happykitr
QLD, 59 posts
11 Dec 2019 1:23PM
Thumbs Up

True I don't see many either.
But most beginners are sheep so follow the shepards pack.
But I can't understand why good experienced kiters are still paying rrp at shop? Don't think any really are only beginners and the average rider who doesn't rip it up.
Usually 20-30% off so shop pimps can say go ask old mate how good his kite is. Are we all that naive?
Anyway blah blah blah back to market direct.
Ventum kiteboarding is now online selling gear.
Website details are now up on there Facebook page.
So you can now buy as of 5 days ago.
Looks good have deals 3 kites 1 bar about $3650 delivered!!
Lots of deals on there.
Kiting isn't just about riding name brand kites.
It's about having fun.
And if kite delivers same performance as name brand then even more fun.
Looks same build quality as all leading brands triple ripstop etc.
Looks like 2 bars one with thin performance lines. And other are thicker lines called the tough bar. I have no affiliation with this company. It's good to always have other options/competition otherwise you are at a disadvantage as a consumer. They also haven't thrown 100 of thousands in advertising and social media blitzes.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Zian kite dealers" started by maxpower1