Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

Xenon Boards?

Created by stumac > 9 months ago, 6 Apr 2010
stumac
7 posts
6 Apr 2010 9:22PM
Thumbs Up

Hey I'm in the market for a new board and Ive been told by a few people to try out this board company called Xenon? I haven't heard anything about them so I'm just wondering if the good people on sea breeze have any insight for me.

Much appreciated, Stuart

INTHELOOP
QLD, 1855 posts
7 Apr 2010 8:27AM
Thumbs Up

Hi Stuart,

We have just received the first lot of the Xenon boards to test 2 weeks ago.

After riding it and having heaps of people demo them on the beach the general consensus is that everybody loves the boards. Especially the top of the line "LaLuz" board rides amazing.

They are super light, fast and have really good pop. The boards have heaps of flex and landings are so soft with the board absorbing a lot of impact when landing hard or carving through chop.
I found that the boards tack extremely good upwind with a lot of edge grip especially in choppy waters that we have at our local spot.

We have tested a lot of boards and the Xenons are something quite different and a new feel of riding.

The boards are made in Austria (same factory as Burton Snowboards) with a lot of "snow how" in regards to constructions. The La Luz comes with a 3 year warranty, which shows the confidence in the board's durability.

The iksurfmag readers voted the Xenon LaLuz as the most beloved board!

http://www.iksurfmag.com/forum/showthread.php?105-Best-Twin-Tip-of-2009

The boards are now available for demo (please contact us if interested in demo) and major shops like Kitepower and Kiteaction have got the boards now to test and will hopefully give us all some feedback about the Xenon boards soon.

Please have a quick browse through the website for more info:

www.xenonboards.com

Happy kiting

djdojo
VIC, 1607 posts
7 Apr 2010 9:30AM
Thumbs Up

Hmm, how did this happen to me? How did I get so cynical?

As soon as I see this post I think "trolling pimpfest."

I used to give the benefit of some doubt now and then, but alas, no more.

However, in an effort to be constructive I shall say this: stumac, if you are real, beware a board that is promoted as having "heaps of flex."

ruffryder61
QLD, 470 posts
8 Apr 2010 10:35PM
Thumbs Up

taken from newest iksurfmag

10 Apr 2010 1:33PM
Thumbs Up

I had a ride on the 1.35 Xenon Laluz last night, it was not a long ride only about 40 mins, so I'll leave a full review for when I have ridden it a bit more.
First impression - smooth.

Conditions were 13/14 -15/17 South to SSE at Dolls with the remnants of a run in tide. So not much tidal assist if any.
Water was quite choppy, but this board rode smoother in those conditions, which I normally do not like at all.
Kite used was C4 13M able to easily ride upwind and do small jumps and transitions, until the lack of tide and a sustained lull forced me back to the beach.

coffeebean
WA, 54 posts
18 Apr 2010 12:09AM
Thumbs Up

this board is the most epicest board i have ridden, EPIC!!!

INTHELOOP
QLD, 1855 posts
18 Apr 2010 11:35AM
Thumbs Up

coffeebean said...

very nice!~ where have you ridden it?

thats the kind of feedback we get from most of the people that have tried the board.

one dude yesterday said: " it rides as you are sitting on a cloud".

coffeebean
WA, 54 posts
21 Apr 2010 2:08AM
Thumbs Up

INTHELOOP said...

coffeebean said...

very nice!~ where have you ridden it?

thats the kind of feedback we get from most of the people that have tried the board.

one dude yesterday said: " it rides as you are sitting on a cloud".

That guy is true, this board feels like its got a farrari engine + Jet plane handling! Its just a great board!!

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Xenon Boards?" started by stumac