Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

Vanhunks Manakel Crossover or Xenon LaLuz?

Created by eddy931 > 9 months ago, 12 Oct 2016
eddy931
WA, 3 posts
12 Oct 2016 10:38AM
Thumbs Up

I'am looking at purchasing a 132x40 board which is a freeride/freestyle crossover. The two I'm looking at are the Vanhunks Manakel Crossover and the Xenon Laluz, both come in 132x40 and both have good reviews.

How do the 2 boards compare and which might be a better for a 1 board set up?

Thanks in advance

Ricardo1709
NSW, 1301 posts
12 Oct 2016 7:25PM
Thumbs Up

both are hard to pronounce

kernal
WA, 541 posts
12 Oct 2016 5:37PM
Thumbs Up

yeah fully why on earth arent you just getting a cabrinha north slingshot naish sort of deal? only people who ride the boards your being offered are ones who got them super cheap / second handys from euros fleeing the country

wave6ft
QLD, 142 posts
12 Oct 2016 8:41PM
Thumbs Up

Hey miser have u ever ridden those boards ive seen alot of good kiters on a laluz and its nof because they are cheap

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
12 Oct 2016 8:07PM
Thumbs Up

the laluz is a sweet board,i had some solid time on it, wasnt the latest rendition, the van hunks board gets good reviews too, made for cape town conditions, id also add the shinn monk and xride or jamie , crazyfly raptor and nobile 2hd, if your kiting on flat water these boards might have a bit too much flex but for chop and ocean conditions theyre worth a ride, hard to go past the monk for a great allround board, also check out kiteworldmag gear reviews as theyve got some great honest write ups on most if not all these boards

daveisthekotz
NSW, 111 posts
13 Oct 2016 11:08AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Miser said..
yeah fully why on earth arent you just getting a cabrinha north slingshot naish sort of deal? only people who ride the boards your being offered are ones who got them super cheap / second handys from euros fleeing the country

Totally agree with this dude. There are a million times more popular boards and for good reason... Get an xcaliber.

eppo
WA, 9372 posts
13 Oct 2016 8:20AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Miser said..

Wow you've got it all figured out haven't you...

INTHELOOP
QLD, 1855 posts
13 Oct 2016 2:33PM
Thumbs Up

Xenon LaLUz is made in Europe at Nobile factory.Id get a European made board over a China board any day!

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
13 Oct 2016 1:11PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
INTHELOOP said...
Xenon LaLUz is made in Europe at Nobile factory.Id get a European made board over a China board any day!

Nobile use a fair amount of their snowboard tech in the construction of kite boards, the monk along with the laluz has a huge amount of flex yet somehow is almost unbreakable, the boards make very ordinary conditions feel like powder, great products

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
13 Oct 2016 1:18PM
Thumbs Up

Another new release worth a demo
Freestyle/ freeride cross over

eppo
WA, 9372 posts
13 Oct 2016 3:05PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
cauncy said..
Another new release worth a demo
Freestyle/ freeride cross over

Mick what's the design implications of this board? How have they made it freestyle/freeride in nature. Is it a off shoot from the ADHD..or whatever it was called?

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
13 Oct 2016 3:41PM
Thumbs Up

Tech talk

Action sports should have one in soon I'd say
Go grab a demo and go nuts

eppo
WA, 9372 posts
13 Oct 2016 5:08PM
Thumbs Up

Cheers sounds like my cup of tea actually.

Starting to get interested in the axis limited again as my knees start to age. Had another go the other day on one liked the softness compared to my board and yet tracked real well hey. Might try the Jamie pro again as well. Same shape as mine bottom and top but slightly more flex.

mazdon
1196 posts
13 Oct 2016 9:59PM
Thumbs Up

Been riding my brothers Jaime last 2 years when TTing, and just come off 4 months exclusively on TT. Great board, like the flex, and pretty forgiving on my knees I've found. Can't hurt to try again

Disclaimer: tried bugger all other TTs in last 2 years. Usually ride surfboards

eppo
WA, 9372 posts
14 Oct 2016 6:32AM
Thumbs Up

Jaime changed in 2015, basically took in the bottom shape of the team series 2014. Not sure about if the flex pattern changed. Been on a 2015 and it did feel softer. But only just.

djdojo
VIC, 1607 posts
14 Oct 2016 1:30PM
Thumbs Up

Looks like the Ronson is a slightly easier replacement for the ultrasonic, and therefore sits between the adhd (freestyle/wakestyle) and the bronq/monk (freeride) in terms of the freestyle/freeride blend ... ?

eppo
WA, 9372 posts
14 Oct 2016 11:55AM
Thumbs Up

ah yeh you are right, forgot about the ultrasonic...

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
14 Oct 2016 8:27PM
Thumbs Up

Just checked, issue 75 kite world mag
Approx 10 boards reviewed in this category

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Vanhunks Manakel Crossover or Xenon LaLuz?" started by eddy931