Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

Takoon Skoop

Created by Baz88 > 9 months ago, 29 Mar 2017
Baz88
WA, 7 posts
29 Mar 2017 6:24PM
Thumbs Up

I have recently purchased a new Takoon Skoop 11m. Im here to write a review for this kite due to the lack of feedback from Skoop riders. I hope this review can assist someone in the future who wishes to purchase one.

Ive been riding Naish Park 10m, 7m for a little over a year now and when Naish announced there were discontinuing this line I immediately when on search for an equivalent. A few things are important to me when looking at kites, the 3 big things that come first is simplicity, robust construction and price. The Skoop ticks all these boxes. I like 3 strut kites simply due to the fact there is less of a chance of things to go wrong and the idea of inflate and deflate using the one valve, again less things to go wrong. Construction is mint. really good stitching, high quality canopy and really solid scuff pads. Getting really good value for money with the Skoop. When buying direct from Takoon website the prices are really attractive. Takoon aint in the buisness of expensive advertising and releasing new models every year, they build a kite that works and they stick with it and continue to flog the same kites year after year.

Im just starting out to new school riding so I cannot give alot of advise here. Though freeriding, Big hang time, waves this kite is AWESOME!! Plenty of adjustment for fine tuning. Can adjust this to be super super stable or tune it for real fast turning. Real good allrounder. This kite has really accelerated my progression, so ive just ordered a 9m.

Hope this helps. Feel free as ask questions.

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
30 Mar 2017 9:50AM
Thumbs Up

Just a coincidence with kite names ?

Baz88
WA, 7 posts
30 Mar 2017 7:54PM
Thumbs Up

razy French i guess

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
30 Mar 2017 8:59PM
Thumbs Up

Only kidding
some quality rider background to the brand

Baz88
WA, 7 posts
31 Mar 2017 7:17PM
Thumbs Up

These guys have the patent for the inflatable leading edge design. And introduced Bow kites along with Carbrinha. Like you said, quality riders behind this design too.

THE PIN PULLER
WA, 465 posts
1 Apr 2017 1:20PM
Thumbs Up

there is this dude has a blue and black one down at my local spot i seen him do some pretty impressive knee high jumps on one the last day he was out :)

SibboV1
368 posts
1 Apr 2017 6:57PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
THE PIN PULLER said..
there is this dude has a blue and black one down at my local spot i seen him do some pretty impressive knee high jumps on one the last day he was out :)

Underoath, you been holding out on me, when did you get a new kite?

Baz88
WA, 7 posts
1 Apr 2017 9:15PM
Thumbs Up

Didn't know you had blue and black kite Dan?

fruuugz
NSW, 114 posts
2 Apr 2017 8:53AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SibboV1 said..

THE PIN PULLER said..

Underoath, you been holding out on me, when did you get a new kite?

Yeah hes almost jumping as high with his new kite as he can on the land! Pretty crazy i swear one of them was as high as a trash can

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Takoon Skoop" started by Baz88