Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

Self launching new Pivot

Created by Kuanui > 9 months ago, 22 Jan 2016
Kuanui
QLD, 37 posts
22 Jan 2016 3:32PM
Thumbs Up

Is anyone having trouble self launching the new Pivot? I have had multiple kitemares doing this, in all sorts of wind conditions. It looks like the bridal line catches in the wing tip. I have tried walking downwind and pulling the kite round. Also tried other ways and have had plenty of tips from other kiters but it still seems to happen 50% of the time. Just interested in hearing if it's happening to anyone else. It's mainly happening with the 11m.

wave6ft
QLD, 142 posts
22 Jan 2016 8:32PM
Thumbs Up

Strange i have 12 9 and 7 all behave great

psychojoe
WA, 1806 posts
22 Jan 2016 8:50PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Kuanui said..
Is anyone having trouble self launching the new Pivot? I have had multiple kitemares doing this, in all sorts of wind conditions. It looks like the bridal line catches in the wing tip. I have tried walking downwind and pulling the kite round. Also tried other ways and have had plenty of tips from other kiters but it still seems to happen 50% of the time. Just interested in hearing if it's happening to anyone else. It's mainly happening with the 11m.

I don't know your kite, but take a wide arc as you walk upwind

JacobMatan
WA, 431 posts
23 Jan 2016 2:54PM
Thumbs Up

I haven't had this issue with my 10m 2015, the bridle is quite short, simple and trouble free, I find anyway

thorn
WA, 172 posts
24 Jan 2016 7:49AM
Thumbs Up

No problem at all.

carl vader
28 posts
13 Feb 2016 12:54AM
Thumbs Up

Hi. It's very strange I've never heard of a problem like this concerning the Naish Pivot. Check this video at min. 5.20 (35 mph trade wind).

Cheers

Carlo

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Self launching new Pivot" started by Kuanui