Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

Rrd religion 2013 versus wainman Hawaii

Created by BlueDemons05 > 9 months ago, 9 May 2013
BlueDemons05
WA, 6 posts
9 May 2013 8:28PM
Thumbs Up

If relevent, please fill in this template...(& remove this line)

Rider: Weight,Level (beginner,intermediate,advanced)
Style: Freeriding, Surf, Wake, Freestyle
Weather: ?-? knots
Build Quality: ?/10
Satisfaction: ?/10
Disclosure: (e.g. work at a shop/team rider etc)

My Comments:
New to this site has any body compared these kites ?

dusta
WA, 2940 posts
9 May 2013 10:01PM
Thumbs Up

trouble with the template ?

Ugly
WA, 205 posts
9 May 2013 11:44PM
Thumbs Up

yep

eppo
WA, 9372 posts
10 May 2013 2:16PM
Thumbs Up

Bluedemons tell us a little about yourself first? :)

BlueDemons05
WA, 6 posts
10 May 2013 4:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
[b]BlueDemons05

My Comments:

Hi eppo blue demons here live in southwest w.a kiting 7 years mainly ride surfboard but don't mind t.t in smaller surf

eppo
WA, 9372 posts
10 May 2013 7:57PM
Thumbs Up

Okay so you want a comparison in the surf? Because for everything else the wainman will kill the RRD. You looking for a specific surf kite or something that does a bit of everything. If so no comparison possible. But if you are looking at just the surf characteristics then that can be done

BlueDemons05
WA, 6 posts
11 May 2013 9:17AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
BlueDemons05 said..

BlueDemons05

My Comments:

Hi eppo blue demons here live in southwest w.a kiting 7 years mainly ride surfboard but don't mind t.t in smaller surf

Hi eppo me again I currently ride wainman in surf but thinking of going rrd religion for surf only any thoughts ?

eppo
WA, 9372 posts
11 May 2013 2:03PM
Thumbs Up

Well if all you do is ride in the surf then I would say a demo is worth it. Only been on a RRD for one session only but have watched a lot of crew on them. The RRD is really quick turning and rewards a very powered aggressive riding style. It's a superb fly and follow wave kite. Drift excellent. Similar to the wainman in that respect but more tuned in to that style. But if you want more of a park, drift and ride wave kite there are other more suitable options.

truster
WA, 82 posts
12 May 2013 12:41PM
Thumbs Up

Have demo the wainman 3 short times the 7, 10.5, 12, so you would have more idea abut them
I ride religions extensively,

The first thing that comes to mind is that the wainman is more powerful kite, the power available immediately as you pull the bar, kite sits dipper in the window than anything else I have tried in the waves, up wind ability compromise significantly in the bigger sizes (12m) and is getting better as size drops to 7m which is fine.

the religion goes up wind better,and have more diversity to fly the kite in different directions in general,, and in the waves in specific!
the main advantage of the religion is that the kite does not pull you out of the pocket of the wave downwind when you choose to go vertical or would like to slow down for the wave to form/stepper in front of you in those situations the wainman will drag you downwind like a track.(there are ways to avoid that which but I don?t like doing)

I have to say both drift well, both have abilities dip in the window zone(not many kites do including wave kites) personally the religion is better in the waves but very bad for jumping, wainman can do both.

The wainman is different kite to most, and have some atvantages that are existing in the waves that no other kite can provide including the religion, those advantages are ONLY in very narrow rang of wind
in the low wind renege of the kite.
The wainman 10.5m is the fastest turning kite TO POWER RATIO(not to size) so in light (not extreme lite) wind conditions if for compere sake we ignore the size printed on all kites, the 10.5 wainman will be the fastest from all other wave kites that will produce similar power.

eppo
WA, 9372 posts
12 May 2013 5:55PM
Thumbs Up

Yeh nicely said truster

truster
WA, 82 posts
12 May 2013 8:07PM
Thumbs Up

Cheers eppo
if you get more info abut demo the 17m griffin I am very keen to know abut it.

eppo
WA, 9372 posts
12 May 2013 8:38PM
Thumbs Up

Yeh not coming in until the end of the month apparently. I really hoping its totally crap! Ha ha I must have new gear. its a Farqin disease I tell ya! Stoked with my quiver now though, for now anyway. Ha ha ha

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Rrd religion 2013 versus wainman Hawaii" started by BlueDemons05