Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

Rip Curl 4/3 f bomb Zipless Steamer

Created by Big eeeZeee > 9 months ago, 30 Apr 2015
Big eeeZeee
NSW, 1100 posts
30 Apr 2015 9:51AM
Thumbs Up

I have a 2013 rip curl f bomb chest zip wettie with the quick drying material inside and think it's great.
I also have a zipless shortie that works just as well as the chest zip. I'm thinking of investing in the new zipless f bomb but noticed that with the zipless wetsuits they no longer provide the front and back windproof panelling. I'm guessing it's because of the need for flexibility when getting in and out of the suit... Question is, does anyone notice the difference in warmth without the front and back panelling?

AussieDave
WA, 68 posts
12 Jun 2015 1:07AM
Thumbs Up

Hi Big eZ,

I would try and see if you can get in it to start with..
I spent a very solid 15mins tryig to get into a new zipperless flashbomb with no joy... For all the pulling and contorting I could not get my other shoulder in it. I tried on the same wettie in a chest zipper and voila no problems .. I spoke with the rep and they said some people are more flexible than others (I've been doing yoga/pilates for years) but it's also how broad your shoulders are...

The 2015 CZ flash bomb is awesome, super warm, stretchy and as you already know dries super fast.. My advice is give one a try to see if you can get in it first ..

just my 2c..

pearl
NSW, 984 posts
12 Jun 2015 8:09AM
Thumbs Up

Hi big E. I have a 2013 chest zip 3-2mm flash bomb. While the fit was great, I only rated it about maybe 7.5 out of 10 due to stretch when paddling. ie it makes you tired when paddling in strong currents. I was in a rip curl outlet store in USA recently and tried on all the latest 2015 wetsuits. With zipperless I think they work best in either 2-2 or to lesser extent 3-2 in as far as getting into them and that was with both suit and I dry in store. I ended up purchasing a 2015 chest zip flash bomb in 2-2. I absolutely love it, and is so much flexier than the old flash bombs. I found it warmer due to the flex material hugs you more. The neck is greatly improved and much more comfortable. I have used it surfing in 16-17 degrees water over in the states and it was all I needed especially when the sun was out the chest panel really heats up, and flash material gets hot. Great suit 9.5 out of 10 only losing .5 as I'm unsure of durability. Best part it was only $229 USD. A suit is only as good as it's fit I would never buy with out trying first no matter how much you pay. If I were you I'd look at a CZ F-B 3-2 as a starting point. Make sure it's the newer 2015. Hope something there helps.

Big eeeZeee
NSW, 1100 posts
16 Jun 2015 1:29AM
Thumbs Up

got my 2013 repaired so held off on the purchase of a new suit. need a 4/3 wet tie for VIC winters so going anything less is not an option.

So have they improved the neck? That was my biggest gripe with the chest zip wetties, the neck was always the first thing to stretch and then you're open to flushing.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Rip Curl 4/3 f bomb Zipless Steamer" started by Big eeeZeee