Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

Review WOO Sports: tracking of jump height and air

Created by WetestKites > 9 months ago, 5 Apr 2015
WetestKites
40 posts
5 Apr 2015 10:33PM
Thumbs Up

Review WOO Sports: tracking of jump height and air time -part 1-
wetestkites.wordpress.com/2015/04/05/review-woo-sports-tracking-of-jump-height-and-air-time-part-1/

Stay tuned for more:
www.facebook.com/wetestkites

Dave

We Test Kites
Wetestkite.com

martinmm5
NSW, 44 posts
7 Apr 2015 8:57AM
Thumbs Up

Is anyone planning to import Xensr to Australia? They web site does not allow for delivery address to Australia and they have not replied to my e-mails....

Ozone Kites Aus
NSW, 884 posts
Site Sponsor
7 Apr 2015 11:01AM
Thumbs Up

You can get them from Kitepower.com.au and all Best dealers in Australia.

martinmm5
NSW, 44 posts
7 Apr 2015 7:07PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks, I mean XensrAir, not Woo. It can measure speed, jump length, etc.

xensr.com/

JacobMatan
WA, 431 posts
8 Apr 2015 11:56AM
Thumbs Up

I thought the name was wettest kites which kind of implys you crash a lot, we test kites makes much more sense

bigtone667
NSW, 1502 posts
8 Apr 2015 10:48PM
Thumbs Up

My xsensr stuff should arrive next month. I sent them an email and then some cash about six months ago. They gave me a price for the shipping and they were happy to send them out.

sandyscott
NSW, 67 posts
9 Apr 2015 8:56PM
Thumbs Up

Or get yourself a US address. Reship, MyUS, and plenty of others will receive and forward packages for a small fee. Sometimes as low as $5US.

Spitfire
WA, 394 posts
9 Apr 2015 9:29PM
Thumbs Up

I was going to buy one then i though I might wait for a model which has a GPS tracker built into it. I asked them if it has and the answer I got was No, it takes up too much battery life....If they can put a GPS in a wrist watch I'm sure its possible. I'm going to wait for the WOO Sports 2.

Drury
NSW, 502 posts
10 Apr 2015 11:07AM
Thumbs Up

Used it yesterday. Super fun to challenge yourself and the battery lasts a long time. I went out for 2 hours and there was still 85% left in it. Nice to know that you can session for a while and not have the thing die! Only hit a modest 9.3m in 25 knots with my 9m with 7.2 seconds of hangtime but I can't wait to go out in more wind and try to beat it!

deanrobi
VIC, 641 posts
10 Apr 2015 3:35PM
Thumbs Up

Nice boost Elliot, biggest thing we found with the WOO is the difference between what we thought we were jumping and the actual height, best I've managed is 7.8mtr in 18 knots. Looking forward to see what I can achieve on a smaller kite

kitcho207
NSW, 861 posts
10 Apr 2015 4:39PM
Thumbs Up

Looks these devices might become a thread in themselves as they become more popular. Might even need its own thread section or a leader-board on the Seabreeze website.

Plummet
4862 posts
10 Apr 2015 4:20PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Drury said..
Used it yesterday. Super fun to challenge yourself and the battery lasts a long time. I went out for 2 hours and there was still 85% left in it. Nice to know that you can session for a while and not have the thing die! Only hit a modest 9.3m in 25 knots with my 9m with 7.2 seconds of hangtime but I can't wait to go out in more wind and try to beat it!

I recon 9.3m is a pretty phucken sweet jump.

eppo
WA, 9372 posts
10 Apr 2015 6:38PM
Thumbs Up

30 foot, 4 standand ceiling roof heights...nice one drury

deanrobi
VIC, 641 posts
10 Apr 2015 9:37PM
Thumbs Up

Hard to imagine the heigh these guys must be getting

Plummet
4862 posts
10 Apr 2015 7:43PM
Thumbs Up

How much is this thing?

deanrobi
VIC, 641 posts
10 Apr 2015 9:47PM
Thumbs Up

Around the $230 mark depending where you get them from, get a few crew together and get one between you

Spitfire
WA, 394 posts
10 Apr 2015 8:43PM
Thumbs Up

HOLD ON A MINUTE! That looks like the unit does have a GPS built into it! If that is the case im going to get one. Can someone please confirm??Even though that picture pretty much does confirm it...Not sure why the dealer I was speaking to told me it doesnt track where you have been?

Select to expand quote
deanrobi said..
Nice boost Elliot, biggest thing we found with the WOO is the difference between what we thought we were jumping and the actual height, best I've managed is 7.8mtr in 18 knots. Looking forward to see what I can achieve on a smaller kite

deanrobi
VIC, 641 posts
10 Apr 2015 11:08PM
Thumbs Up

No GPS, you can attach a photo to each session, that's just a shot from the Rip curl search watch that I have added

deanrobi
VIC, 641 posts
10 Apr 2015 11:11PM
Thumbs Up

Have a look at the Xsnsr, it should have the GPS function, been a few delays on the delivery date though

Spitfire
WA, 394 posts
10 Apr 2015 9:46PM
Thumbs Up

Lucky I checked back here before i ordered one! I would be spewing if i got it and was expecting a GPS!

Cool thanks for that I will check out the Xsnsr.

danatgbay
WA, 53 posts
11 Apr 2015 2:59PM
Thumbs Up

My understanding is that Xensr and Woo only have apps for apple. I am only on Android meaning Traceup is my only option. Can anyone advise if this is correct and if the Traceup is any good for kiting?

deanrobi
VIC, 641 posts
11 Apr 2015 5:22PM
Thumbs Up

I understand that android is coming for the WOO not sure on Xsnsr

axion
VIC, 144 posts
11 Apr 2015 9:06PM
Thumbs Up

Man wish I had that tonight, that would be awesome logging airtime especially with a few mates. Bragging rights can now be verified.

gkawo
VIC, 193 posts
11 Apr 2015 10:24PM
Thumbs Up

Cool! The Strava of kite surfing. Awesome! I wonder who will wear Australia's KOM, errr KOA?

Plummet
4862 posts
12 Apr 2015 4:29AM
Thumbs Up

So.,.,,,,,,

A guy on kiteforum has one and states it read max height of 9.5m when visually on the beach they call max if 5-6m......

So perhaps this device is not accurate. If so a complete waste of time.

gkawo
VIC, 193 posts
12 Apr 2015 9:18AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Plummet said..
So.,.,,,,,,

A guy on kiteforum has one and states it read max height of 9.5m when visually on the beach they call max if 5-6m......

What's the bet Strava will incorporate it and everyone will be comparing dicks.

Emanjay
WA, 115 posts
12 Apr 2015 8:50AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote

Plummet said..
So.,.,,,,,,

gkawo said..

Cool! The Strava of kite surfing. Awesome! I wonder who will wear Australia's KOM, errr KOA?

Plummet, check out the review-turned me off. Basically two units on same board giving very different figures....I'll wait for the 2nd or 3rd generation.

Good review too, actually points out negatives based on facts. Nothing like any magazine review I've read for anything kiting or otherwise.

deanrobi
VIC, 641 posts
12 Apr 2015 1:41PM
Thumbs Up

Check out the reviewer's FB page
there is an update on the variations identified in the review, the two devices look like there were using different software versions, still it is, what it is....

there are so many variations that this device has to take into consideration thats it a pretty impressive piece of equipment that I'm sure will only get better over time

Use it as a guide and you will have fun

Plummet
4862 posts
12 Apr 2015 12:47PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Emanjay said..

Plummet said..
So.,.,,,,,,

gkawo said..

Plummet, check out the review-turned me off. Basically two units on same board giving very different figures....I'll wait for the 2nd or 3rd generation.

Good review too, actually points out negatives based on facts. Nothing like any magazine review I've read for anything kiting or otherwise.

ok. I just read the review. I agree. Wait for 2nd and 3rd gen.

To be fair. As much as I want one of these devices. I don't want one enough to bay $270 NZD.

WetestKites
40 posts
12 Apr 2015 4:36PM
Thumbs Up

Review Woo Sports: tracking of jump height and air time -part 2-
We have done a second test;

Conclusion The WOO’s are so well correlated that it is all most impossible to get them any more consistence. Apart from the two mentioned minorities, there is one more thing to explain. As you may have noticed did we have a difference in maximum heights measured in our test of 0,4m; 8.2 to 7.8 meters. This difference is completely within the statistical measurements consistency and just is part of everyday life accuracy. Something which is in inevitable.

read more at wetestkites.wordpress.com/2015/04/12/review-woo-sports-tracking-of-jump-height-and-air-time-part-2/
Dave We Test Kites
Wetestkites.com

noodelsrominov
VIC, 265 posts
13 Apr 2015 12:04AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
WetestKites said...
Review Woo Sports: tracking of jump height and air time -part 2-
We have done a second test;

Conclusion The WOO’s are so well correlated that it is all most impossible to get them any more consistence. Apart from the two mentioned minorities, there is one more thing to explain. As you may have noticed did we have a difference in maximum heights measured in our test of 0,4m; 8.2 to 7.8 meters. This difference is completely within the statistical measurements consistency and just is part of everyday life accuracy. Something which is in inevitable.

read more at wetestkites.wordpress.com/2015/04/12/review-woo-sports-tracking-of-jump-height-and-air-time-part-2/
Dave We Test Kites
Wetestkites.com

Was anyone on the beach recording how high the jumps were visually? Just wondering how close they are to actual height and not just "WOO" height.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Review WOO Sports: tracking of jump height and air" started by WetestKites