Created by frostyballs > 9 months ago, 7 May 2014
frostyballs
QLD, 48 posts
7 May 2014 6:37PM
Thumbs Up

Rider: 117 Weight,Level intermediate
Style: Freeriding,
Weather: 18-25knots

Hi i am 117kg and am thinking of buying a new 12m kite for the stronger wind days .
Would like some feed back on witch kite would be better for my size. Does one have more advantages over the other or will they both do the same job and it just purely comes down to brand preferance.

NitrousOxide
NSW, 96 posts
7 May 2014 7:08PM
Thumbs Up

I demoed the 12m switchblade and at 100kg at the time thought it was the perfect kite for a heavier rider. Very solid construction, lots of pull and a great low end. I prefer wave riding so found it too heavy and slow turning for my purpose but would be a excellent free ride kite for heavier rider in my opinion.

glendog
QLD, 520 posts
7 May 2014 7:20PM
Thumbs Up

Id go with the cat. I had a switchy for a season and it wasnt a bad kite ( hadn't flown many other kites) but i demoed a cat a few months ago only for one session so i dunno what dirability or anything is like but i recon it was way better. Bit faster bit more feel for the kite, had heaps of bottom end but so does the sb,The main thing i liked the cat over the sb was the unhooked wind range. Im only 60 kg tho so maybe not the best reference.

Chris_M
2128 posts
9 May 2014 4:35AM
Thumbs Up

They are both good! Get whichever ones cheapest

pattiecannon
QLD, 593 posts
14 May 2014 9:25PM
Thumbs Up

Cat hands down. Comparison is basically like a steam train vs a monaro
the in the works spanner is of course the 2014 cab bar. Sensational.
Do drifter do a 12m? They go sick on a TT, about a million times more fun than the SB imho & they go good in waves too i hear;)

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Ozone Catalyst 12 or Cabrinha Switchblade 12" started by frostyballs