Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

North Dice, Cabrinha FX or Core GTS3?

Created by JamesGibbons > 9 months ago, 14 Sep 2015
JamesGibbons
53 posts
14 Sep 2015 12:57AM
Thumbs Up

Hi, I am currently looking for a new kite that is good at kitelooping but also decent hang time. I am currently stuck between three kites, they are North Dice, Cabrinha FX or the Core GTS 3. What kite do you think is the best at looping and big air, I would love to hear from anyone that has flow any of these kites or knows a thing or two about them. Thanks

INTHELOOP
QLD, 1855 posts
14 Sep 2015 7:05AM
Thumbs Up

I really like both the FX and the Dice.The FX is stable and smooth with light bar pressure.The Dice is faster turning, bit more bar pressure and also quite stable. They both loop and unhook decent. The loop on the Fx is predictable and tight. The Dice pivots a bit more.Id say the lift on the Dice is a tick better. You should try them both.

Stewynew
32 posts
14 Sep 2015 5:12AM
Thumbs Up

Get the new Airush Union ..... It's a weapon! Insane boosting and loops are as powerful as you want them to be. I've only used the 9m so far and it's epic.

tomme
VIC, 475 posts
14 Sep 2015 4:32PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Stewynew said..
Get the new Airush Union ..... It's a weapon! Insane boosting and loops are as powerful as you want them to be. I've only used the 9m so far and it's epic.

ive ridden the union and think you should for sure take one for a demo, add it to your consideration.

JamesGibbons
53 posts
14 Sep 2015 2:52PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks, I hadn't considered the Union but It looks quite promising and thanks for the comparison on the dice and fx INTHELOOP.

ActionSportsWA
WA, 953 posts
16 Sep 2015 2:15PM
Thumbs Up

Hi James,

I can't speak of the Cab, but I have flown both the Core GTS3 and the North Dice. I love both of these kites. The GTS3 is possibly a little more responsive and quicker to turn than the Dice but the Dice is a little smoother in the loops being slightly more "C" in shape. The 2016 Dice is more powerful than the equivalent sized GTS3 so North gets the tick for better bottom end.

The GTS3 has always rewarded riders with a more aggressive flying style. The Dice is now a little more Freestyle/Freeride focused whereas the GTS3 is also quite nice on the waves as well, (a truer all rounder). The older 2014 Dice was closer to an allrounder then in 2015 the Dice moved a little further away from waves and closer to Freestyle and now with a tad more grunt in 2016, the Dice is a great weapon for all but waves. It will still do waves but it is better as a fun advanced freerider and freestyler.

Fantastic kites!

DM

glendog
QLD, 520 posts
16 Sep 2015 7:45PM
Thumbs Up

I have flown all these kites. I recon if your wanting to go big boost and loop id go the fx. Used a gts3 the other day and was really surprised i actually loved it, its more suited to unhooked low kite powered stuff. In saying that it will definetly loop just as well as an fx but i dont think it would have the straight boost and hang time of an fx. And the dice yeh well its a kite and it flys but its nothing special.

JamesGibbons
53 posts
20 Sep 2015 3:08PM
Thumbs Up

Cheers glendog

geloof68
54 posts
26 Sep 2015 10:12PM
Thumbs Up

I've sold my GTS3 9m and I now have a FX 8m. Both kites are my type of kite: great boosting and looping potential and they do both drift as well. Next year I will definitely preorder GTS4 9m in any color but white .

Disclaimer: I run a mobile kiteboarding school and I fly kites of Cabrinha, Core, Ozone and Zian.

Commie
4 posts
27 Sep 2015 2:04AM
Thumbs Up

I'd choose 15m Juice for the biggest size, then 2015 Dice in 12-11m size and 2 FX (9-7) 2015 as my smallest. Although not sure they'd work well in waves

Brohan
VIC, 528 posts
27 Sep 2015 2:17PM
Thumbs Up

I just got a new GTS3 6m and it's real good to fly. I use it with my surfboard (hasn't been enough wind to use it with the tt yet) and it has very little bar pressure and turns pretty quick, I was looking for a kite that would loop well and I have to say the down loops when I'm changing direction are fast and powerful, the bottom end is pretty good also.

Wunderlich85
34 posts
19 Nov 2015 3:14AM
Thumbs Up

How would you compare the union to the GTS3?

Wunderlich85
34 posts
19 Nov 2015 9:21AM
Thumbs Up

Have you been on the Core GTS3? Can you compare the Airush Union? I am looking for this type of kite as well. I am between the GTS3, Airush Union or wait for the new Ozone Enduro.

WA Surf & Foil
WA, 250 posts
25 Nov 2015 12:18PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Wunderlich85 said..
Have you been on the Core GTS3? Can you compare the Airush Union? I am looking for this type of kite as well. I am between the GTS3, Airush Union or wait for the new Ozone Enduro.

I flew the new Ozone Enduro yesterday in 30 knots, i would definitely wait for this kite

dafunk
QLD, 559 posts
26 Nov 2015 7:56PM
Thumbs Up

Ozone Enduro ! Whats that ? I see Xenon have a new wakestyle board too.

geloof68
54 posts
27 Nov 2015 3:21AM
Thumbs Up

Wunderlich85
34 posts
2 Dec 2015 12:36AM
Thumbs Up

Can you compare the Ozone Enduro to the GTS3 or Union?
Would be thrilled to hear feedback on these.

glendog
QLD, 520 posts
4 Dec 2015 7:28PM
Thumbs Up

Dunno about the durability of the core kites tho. Got a mate who has one. Its near new and he crashes it a fair bit but at only about a month old i wouldnt expect a kite to tear in half after being tomahawked. I tomahawk my kite heaps of times every session and i got a year and a half out of my last one.

kemp90
QLD, 1692 posts
5 Dec 2015 7:30AM
Thumbs Up

I had a go on a 2015 dice yesterday. To tell you the truth, there was nothing I didn't like about the kite. Loops were nice and friendly and for freestyle it was nice and forgive. Not as much pop as a c kite but still plenty. I feel progressing on this kites would be very easy.
Still don't like the north bar with the how you adjust the lines. Stupid iead. Hated it in 2013 and hate it now.

kemp90
QLD, 1692 posts
5 Dec 2015 11:36AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
glendog said...
Dunno about the durability of the core kites tho. Got a mate who has one. Its near new and he crashes it a fair bit but at only about a month old i wouldnt expect a kite to tear in half after being tomahawked. I tomahawk my kite heaps of times every session and i got a year and a half out of my last one.

You spilt the bar? I use to tomahawk when landing blind. Then split the bar and haven't tomahawked since.

glendog
QLD, 520 posts
7 Dec 2015 9:04AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
kemp90 said...
glendog said...

You spilt the bar? I use to tomahawk when landing blind. Then split the bar and haven't tomahawked since.

Ohh he maily does basic stuff i dont recon he splits the bar. Yeh i do theres no other way. Yeh when i was learning to land blind a few years back i was tomohawking heaps. Not so much any more.

glendog
QLD, 520 posts
7 Dec 2015 9:07AM
Thumbs Up

Only do it now if i pass the bar and grab one side of the bar by accident then crash.

curls
WA, 74 posts
14 Dec 2015 8:18AM
Thumbs Up

Haven't tried the Dice, but I've been on the GTS3 and FX. Both are really good kites for their intended usage and level of riding (hooked freestyle, looping, hangtime etc). GTS3 has a clever "pull to unspin the lines" system on the bar which works really well, especially useful if you do a lot of back/front rolls and loops. I thought the GTS3 was flying a bit slower and was more stable in the air while the FX was a bit wilder but also quicker in response. FX has lighter bar pressure and loops super smooth, but doesn't slack as much when unhooked. So in between the two I'd go for the FX if you're keen on big air and loops and you're planning on staying hooked. But if you're keen progressing on to unhooking as well I'd say the GTS3. There are of course heaps of other kites from other brands in this segment, I suggest you check these out as well.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"North Dice, Cabrinha FX or Core GTS3?" started by JamesGibbons