Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

North 2020 Navigator Bar Spare Lines

Created by Deefer > 9 months ago, 30 Nov 2020
Deefer
VIC, 117 posts
30 Nov 2020 8:38AM
Thumbs Up

Anyone know where you can get replacement lines for the 2020 Navigator Bar my son has stretched the **** out of the flying lines yesterday.(150-200mm difference between lines) Cant seem to find them anywhere and the European NorthKB online store has them out of stock as well.

snalberski
WA, 857 posts
30 Nov 2020 12:25PM
Thumbs Up

As long as they are not damaged by cutting or wearing through they should be OK. Differences in line lengths is the norm and all lines will stretch or shrink.
200mm difference between front and back lines is common and recalibration of the bar is probably all that is needed, which is very easily done once armed with basic knowledge and rudimentary tools.
200 mm difference between matched front or matched back lines is less common but can be fixed by adding in a pigtail of the appropriate length.
If you really want a new line set that bar is an ultra standard configuration and any equal length lineset for a low split bar from Ozone, Naish, Switch etc etc.... will work.

40FrothyKnots
NSW, 84 posts
30 Nov 2020 8:25PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Deefer said..
Anyone know where you can get replacement lines for the 2020 Navigator Bar my son has stretched the **** out of the flying lines yesterday.(150-200mm difference between lines) Cant seem to find them anywhere and the European NorthKB online store has them out of stock as well.

Hi Deefer,

Have you tried Kitepower, they have few in stock from memory? No need to go to searching on OS sites.
Also, Thinking the front line stretch is a pretty common misconcep, the problem is not in your front lines getting stretched, but in your back line shrinking. As they aren't under constant load when flying, dirt, dust, salt get in the weave and makes the line thicker hence why shorter.

Hope this helps.

Deefer
VIC, 117 posts
1 Dec 2020 6:06PM
Thumbs Up

The front lines are actually 200mm different to each other.
Yep and KitePower sorted me out, Thanks guys

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"North 2020 Navigator Bar Spare Lines" started by Deefer