Created by dachopper > 9 months ago, 13 Dec 2016
dachopper
WA, 1784 posts
13 Dec 2016 5:15PM
Thumbs Up

Rider, 85kgs
Wind 18 to 20kts
Kite - 9 Meter Vegas with Hadlow 6 line wakebar

Build : looks great, everything works,light weight, nice stiffness. Not requiring bindings, but bindings could give you more loadup.

Ride, it flies upwind. Is a fast board, and jumps well. Board offs are easy, landings are not too bad. It's slightly more jarring than say a shinn, but not as hard as a dedicated freestyle board.

Once I dialled in the best setting for the entity bindings , easy to keep it on,but also OK to get feet back in.

Overall, great board, on the con side , bloody expensive, over 1500 aus. !

NickT
WA, 1094 posts
13 Dec 2016 8:26PM
Thumbs Up

Can nearly get two Tranq's or Billy's at that price! If people stop paying such outrageous prices they will come down!

Stop drinking the coolade people!

kernal
WA, 541 posts
14 Dec 2016 8:51AM
Thumbs Up

austrian made with waaaaay overkill on the testing.

well worth the priceing if you know what to do with them :)

why the jamie and not the TS/hadlow dachopper? resale?

dachopper
WA, 1784 posts
14 Dec 2016 9:38AM
Thumbs Up

The team riders apparently don't like riding the team series ( same as hadlow ) in anything but flat water because of the stiffness.

The boards - the Hadlow is too long for me,

All of the TS and Hadlow are recommended for bindings - don't want these - no board offs

My last freestyle stiff board would bang the crap out of my legs - it's allways 20kts+ where I kite with chop

Just trying to find something that feels like my old 2008 ? Nobile 666 ( which I snapped ) - that thing was a weapon.

The billy is the wrong shape and length, and the tranq is the wrong length - they are probably right for bindings - nothing else - same as the hadlow, billy would be marginal upwind compared to the Jamie.

I'm going to the pond today to try land something - let you know if I made the right decision at 88kgs going for the 133... :) pretty sure it's a yes so far

JBFletch
QLD, 1287 posts
14 Dec 2016 9:51PM
Thumbs Up

For the record crew,

The TS and HADLOW are not the same board
The hadlow has more rocker, centred inserts for riding boots and a thicker more wake profile.
The ts is thinner on the rails, less rockered and has offset inserts to suit strap riding.

dachopper
WA, 1784 posts
15 Dec 2016 6:51AM
Thumbs Up

And also the Hadlow comes in one size only.
, whereas TS have a few different sizes

Brollocks
2 posts
21 Jun 2017 1:35PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
dachopper said..
The team riders apparently don't like riding the team series ( same as hadlow ) in anything but flat water because of the stiffness.

The boards - the Hadlow is too long for me,

All of the TS and Hadlow are recommended for bindings - don't want these - no board offs

My last freestyle stiff board would bang the crap out of my legs - it's allways 20kts+ where I kite with chop

Just trying to find something that feels like my old 2008 ? Nobile 666 ( which I snapped ) - that thing was a weapon.

The billy is the wrong shape and length, and the tranq is the wrong length - they are probably right for bindings - nothing else - same as the hadlow, billy would be marginal upwind compared to the Jamie.

I'm going to the pond today to try land something - let you know if I made the right decision at 88kgs going for the 133... :) pretty sure it's a yes so far

Looking at getting the same board.

How are you finding the 133 for your weight as I'm pretty much the same as you.

JOYRIDER
705 posts
23 Jun 2017 5:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
NickT said..
Can nearly get two Tranq's or Billy's at that price! If people stop paying such outrageous prices they will come down!

Stop drinking the coolade people!

No they wont.
The price is based on a cost price and then the margin added.
You don't buy one, you miss out, price stays the same.

I bet if it was $200 you and others would still complain about the price.
Get over it.

ActionSportsWA
WA, 950 posts
15 Jul 2017 1:40PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Guys,

The Textreme Jaime was our fave board for 2017. Yes, it is pricey, but you get a very, very good board for that money. What we have seen with the North boards over the last ew years is that they don't break anymore, so boards no longer wear out only the straps and pads do. We are seeing guys come in every few years and updating their footpads and straps and thus renewing their favourite board for another few years. I'm sure all retailers will agree with me that the sale of twin tips has reduced massively nowadays.

This, in my opinion makes the more expensive boards a solid investment as they last pretty much forever if you look after them.

DM

Deeg
WA, 34 posts
16 Jul 2017 11:51AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
ActionSportsWA said..
Hi Guys,

The Textreme Jaime was our fave board for 2017. Yes, it is pricey, but you get a very, very good board for that money. What we have seen with the North boards over the last ew years is that they don't break anymore, so boards no longer wear out only the straps and pads do. We are seeing guys come in every few years and updating their footpads and straps and thus renewing their favourite board for another few years. I'm sure all retailers will agree with me that the sale of twin tips has reduced massively nowadays.

This, in my opinion makes the more expensive boards a solid investment as they last pretty much forever if you look after them.

DM

They have gotten a lot more robust lately especially the tracks, though i still managed to rip the boot out of my 2016 hadlow :( but it was an amazing board nevertheless and can't wait for the new one.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"North 2017 Jamie Textreme 133" started by dachopper