WA, 499 posts
3 Apr 2016 5:32PM
Thumbs Up

Sick kites! Powerful for sure. The 7 boosts to the moon in the right wind

manlykiter
NSW, 66 posts
4 Apr 2016 9:42AM
Thumbs Up

I have owned switchblades (2014/2015) but now own pivots (2016), main differences I have noticed are:

pivot much less power when looping, i would go as far to say if you enjoy a good yank from a kiteloop you will be disappointing by the pivot (nature of a wave kite)
Pivot much less bar pressure
Switchblade slightly more bottom end and slightly more top end
Pivot has a bit more float in jumps (surprisingly!) and similar height to switchblade - maybe a tick less?
Switchblade doesnt have good drift, pivot is pretty good (nature of a wave kite)
Relaunch on both kites is good

I prefer the cabrinha bar and lines (above the bar depower and below the bar swivel) vs naish bar issues with no swivel, and lines wearing out where the center lines split - YMMV

I prefer Cabrinhas inflate system and clamping my own struts to Naish's octopus system with their 1980's lilo valves - YMMV

Pivot is just a very good compromise for a freeride/wave kite, I like riding waves and boosting so its perfect for me.

Id try the FX as well, also a very nice kite depending on what you are looking for

WA Surf & Foil
WA, 250 posts
4 Apr 2016 11:13AM
Thumbs Up

You should put the new Ozone Enduro on that list, all the guys that i have dealt with that have tested all of these kites with the exemption of the Core XR which is not in the same category have much preferred the Enduro.

BatKiter
WA, 209 posts
4 Apr 2016 2:34PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
WOK said..
You should put the new Ozone Enduro on that list, all the guys that i have dealt with that have tested all of these kites with the exemption of the Core XR which is not in the same category have much preferred the Enduro.

I had Core Xr3 last season, this season I ride Pivot.

Core Xr3 had better low end,better upwind, higher floaty jumps.
Naish Pivot amazing drift.. really nice boosting, more technical on the jumps but they are really high and floaty, faster turning.( I tried the 12m and it was a bit slow though).

Sandfoot
VIC, 566 posts
4 Apr 2016 5:31PM
Thumbs Up

Fly before you buy, I came from parks, didn't like the pivot much at all. Some love it, depends what you were riding previously and what you want to do with it.

Weta
WA, 891 posts
4 Apr 2016 8:17PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah i was the same..............came from riding Parks from their inception all the way through to 2014's.

I didn't rate the Pivot's but as i'm a Naish sucker and needed to upgrade i took the plunge and bought a 2016 7 & 9m.

It took me a while to get used to them after 5+ years of riding Parks.

I enjoy flying them, it'll take more time to realise their potential................

purpleninja
55 posts
10 Apr 2016 8:09PM
Thumbs Up

Why is everyone all over pivots hasn't the rally been doing the same thing since 2011 and now refined? Unless there are some big differences between pivot and rally?

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Naish pivot" started by iggypop