Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

Naish Pivot 8m 2018

Created by pepeman > 9 months ago, 13 Mar 2018
Weta
WA, 891 posts
24 Mar 2018 5:37PM
Thumbs Up

So Pepeman have you had any wind to test out the new bar??? I'm interested to hear if it made a difference????

Not that an awesome kiter like me would take too much notice of a 12 year veteran numpty kook by his own admission's opinion ;)

pepeman
SA, 114 posts
26 Mar 2018 11:06AM
Thumbs Up

I unfortunately haven't had the wind for the 8m Pivot to give a proper comment on boosting with this kite.
I started this topic completely underdone myself and should have spent some time reading some older Pivot reviews.
Not having the correct bar/lines makes this review a complete cluster f*#k.
I am very optimistic that in right conditions ie 25 knots and the right bar/lines I will be happy with the boosting performance since everyone else has only positive feedback.
If it takes a while to get a few good powered twinny sessions on the 8m Pivot I will not bring this embarrassing thread out of retirement, I will post a new review on the importance of having the correct bar/lines for your kite.
I am a numpty kook hoping to recover soon.

crakas
QLD, 446 posts
26 Mar 2018 1:26PM
Thumbs Up

Admitting you made a cluster f*#k. This gives you awesome credibility and respect.

Someone buy Pepeman a beer...

Swavek
WA, 393 posts
4 Jan 2019 5:59AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
pepeman said..
I unfortunately haven't had the wind for the 8m Pivot to give a proper comment on boosting with this kite.
I started this topic completely underdone myself and should have spent some time reading some older Pivot reviews.
Not having the correct bar/lines makes this review a complete cluster f*#k.
I am very optimistic that in right conditions ie 25 knots and the right bar/lines I will be happy with the boosting performance since everyone else has only positive feedback.
If it takes a while to get a few good powered twinny sessions on the 8m Pivot I will not bring this embarrassing thread out of retirement, I will post a new review on the importance of having the correct bar/lines for your kite.
I am a numpty kook hoping to recover soon.

I am on 8m pivot 2017 and quite happy with the jumps. Not as high as rebel or XR but not too far off (for me anyway) Wanted to get 10m pivot 2018 or 2019.

Owners of 2018/19 kites, do they feel almost the same as 2017 Pivot?

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Naish Pivot 8m 2018" started by pepeman