Naish 2017 Pivot or Torch ?

Created by flirferler > 9 months ago, 22 Dec 2016
flirferler
25 posts
22 Dec 2016 9:08PM
Thumbs Up

Hello All,

I am struggling to decide between a Pivot and a Torch 2017

Been kiting for 15 years, was on park HD before.

I mostly love kiting in 30 kts with my 10 to boost high, but also enjoy some wave riding in lighter wind with my twin tip and some free riding.

Naish stopped the Park HD which i didn't find to boost very well... and i am in need of replacement.

I am struggling between a Torch which seems close to the Park HD vs the Pivot.

I can't find much feedback about how much the pivot boost so far.

I would appreciate your feedbacks.

thx

thorn
WA, 172 posts
26 Dec 2016 4:36PM
Thumbs Up

The Pivot boosts extremely well and is an amazing all round kite. I haven't flown the Torch.

dafunk
QLD, 559 posts
26 Dec 2016 7:16PM
Thumbs Up

Go the pivot ,heard plenty of good reports
The torch is for unhooking .

kernal
WA, 541 posts
26 Dec 2016 8:30PM
Thumbs Up

go the north dice

BrisKites
QLD, 1286 posts
28 Dec 2016 9:19PM
Thumbs Up

The HD can actually go very big but it depends on your jumping style. Torch has won King of the air a couple of times so is proven to go big but the same applies that it depends on your jumping style. The Pivot is a proven and consistent jumping kite but you should re-consider your kite size if going this direction as it's a more powerful kite than the others. Probably 1-2 meters smaller.

BurkeyBoy
QLD, 549 posts
2 Jan 2017 11:40AM
Thumbs Up

I've been riding Park's for the past 4 years and was planning on buying a 2017 so sold my 2016, not happy. I went for a pivot as the Torch is probably a bit full on for what I need. I thought the Park's boosted very well and the hang time and control was brilliant. I find the pivot doesn't boost the same way and though it is a solid all-round kite, I miss my Park :(

juicerider
WA, 790 posts
2 Jan 2017 3:40PM
Thumbs Up

Torch for sure, and it will make you a better kiter.

glasstraxx
WA, 321 posts
3 Jan 2017 3:52PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
BrisKites said..
The HD can actually go very big but it depends on your jumping style. Torch has won King of the air a couple of times so is proven to go big but the same applies that it depends on your jumping style. The Pivot is a proven and consistent jumping kite but you should re-consider your kite size if going this direction as it's a more powerful kite than the others. Probably 1-2 meters smaller.

gotta agree - park hd jumps great, lots of hight & hang time - althought u said using your 10m in 30kts, you must be a big lad...or still getting used to the timing of the kite, fyi, i found the 2015 torch has a lot less power than the 2016 park (both 9m's), and have heard the new torch's have a very small window in the larger sizes. I would stick it out and wait for next years models as naish still bedding in the new material & kite designs, or ask your local dealer for a test ride

ste
WA, 499 posts
3 Jan 2017 5:49PM
Thumbs Up

I fly ozone edges and pivots depending on what I'm doing. I have to say my pivot 9-7 are fantastic for jumping! Absolute blast.

octo
WA, 31 posts
15 Jan 2017 2:51PM
Thumbs Up

Don't do the Torch 2017 I guarantee you will not see KOTA won in them this year if it's about going big and not handle passing.
Torches are not what they were!

strekke
70 posts
16 Jan 2017 3:28PM
Thumbs Up

Maybe wait a few more months for the Naish Dash to come out - should be an upgraded version of the Park HD!

Stevie ss
WA, 16 posts
15 Feb 2017 5:09PM
Thumbs Up

Pivot sucks. Great for up wind ,goes anywhere .give it that ,unresponsive .yank on it and wait !

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Naish 2017 Pivot or Torch ?" started by flirferler