Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

Mystic extreme kite pump

Created by Surfer62 > 9 months ago, 10 Jan 2017
DaveDobbin
SA, 31 posts
2 May 2017 3:06PM
Thumbs Up

Does anyone know where I can get one of these tall 3ltr pumps? Ive looked online and it looks like there is no stock at the moment?

Surfer62
1357 posts
3 May 2017 9:27AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DaveDobbin said..
Does anyone know where I can get one of these tall 3ltr pumps? Ive looked online and it looks like there is no stock at the moment?

Stonker torquay, if you are near mount gambier HAAK might be over here soon im sure he'd pick one up for you.

bjw
NSW, 3567 posts
8 May 2017 6:30PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
pro merc said..
Another Mystic product that you will have no luck getting warranty on if it breaks.

Mystic changed distributors in AU recently. The new guy, Rob is a really good bloke and I'm sure he'd look after you if the shop you bought it from won't.

horey69
QLD, 495 posts
11 May 2017 7:04AM
Thumbs Up

Slingshot website there pump is the 3 litre same as the mystic extreme.

12 May 2017 12:23PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DaveDobbin said..

Hey mate, stock has just arrived in the country. We are picking our Mystic and WMFG 3L pumps tomorrow morning. Making available online now.

toppleover
QLD, 2033 posts
13 May 2017 8:15AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Kitepower Australia said..

DaveDobbin said..

Hey mate, stock has just arrived in the country. We are picking our Mystic and WMFG 3L pumps tomorrow morning. Making available online now.

$90.00 for a WMFG pump ....OMFG !!!

castill0jf
VIC, 563 posts
13 May 2017 6:35PM
Thumbs Up

If you are looking to buy a new pump go 3 liter or a tall pump. It is worth the money. I have an electric pump and with this pump I will not replace my electric pump. I have the electric pump for 3 years and I paid $ 275. I paid $ 80 for the Mystic pmup I purchased at Stonker Torquey. I pumped my 15.5 meter solo kite and it was easy on my back. (Yes I am old and have back pain) cheers

horace01
VIC, 31 posts
18 May 2017 9:35PM
Thumbs Up

I had issues with my Ozone hose splitting. I replaced it with some corrugated irrigation hose from Bunnings. It's flexible, not too thin so doesn't split and it's cheap. Been using it for a couple of seasons with no issues.

KPSS Used
NSW, 372 posts
Site Sponsor
19 May 2017 12:54PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
horace01 said..
I had issues with my Ozone hose splitting. I replaced it with some corrugated irrigation hose from Bunnings. It's flexible, not too thin so doesn't split and it's cheap. Been using it for a couple of seasons with no issues.

Over the years we've found all the early style pump hoses split (from any brand, because they all came from the same source in China), because the plastic in the hose was a bit thin, but mostly because people left the hose connected and it got crushed and kinked when they packed up. The holes and splits always appeared where the hose kinked.
One of the most common fixes for the old style hoses was to fit a piece of garden hose in the pump outlet then slide the hose pump over that so it cannot kink.
Your fix sounds even better though.
The new pumps have a much stiffer and thicker walled pump hose and don't suffer from this issue.

DaveDobbin
SA, 31 posts
19 Jun 2017 4:57PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Kitepower Australia said..

DaveDobbin said..

Thanks, Ordered one over the phone. Spoke to Alex? I think that was his name :) Very helpful and a good deal with your EOFY sale. Arrived today all good :)
Happy Days !

Ken9
31 posts
19 Jun 2017 5:31PM
Thumbs Up

Or you can buy a pump at a camping store for 20-25bucks without the mystic logo they have the tall ones too not sure if they 3l tho

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Mystic extreme kite pump" started by Surfer62