Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

Mystic Majestic Hardshell Harness

Created by bjw > 9 months ago, 15 Oct 2017
bjw
NSW, 3567 posts
15 Oct 2017 7:43AM
Thumbs Up

I've been using the Dakine C-4 (Dakines answer to the Ride Engine) and loved it in many ways, it didn't ride up and i could wear it loose, but I began to get some serious back pain after kiting. So much that i couldn't surf for the next few days.

So I borrowed a Mystic Majestic Carbon harness, thinking that it might help. It looks like a Ride Engine, but I wasn't that keen on the Ride as I've seen quite a few cracked.

Straight up it felt comfy. Everyone told me to get the slider bar, but I like unhooking so I used the hook model. I couldn't believe the difference in comfort compared to my previous harness. It doesn't ride up, stays very centred and didn't dig in or feel odd.

The only thing is the key pocket. Its at the side towards the back. WTF were they thinking? The clip in system is much simpler than the Dakine too.

The best part is one day later, no back pain.

Long story short, I'm buying one!

NickT
WA, 1094 posts
15 Oct 2017 4:04PM
Thumbs Up

How much compared to the ride engine?

bjw
NSW, 3567 posts
15 Oct 2017 10:03PM
Thumbs Up

It's a similar price range, perhaps the Mystic is a tad cheaper, because with the Ride Engine you have to buy the spreader bar separately I think.

One day after using the harness my back feels so good. The last few weeks after kiting I was in pain. I'm stunned!!

dafish
NSW, 1631 posts
16 Oct 2017 7:51AM
Thumbs Up

My RE harness is on it's third season and still looks new. The velcro on the spreader bar is starting to wear out, but I can sew another patch on and it will be good to go. I have never had back pains with this harness, and it stays put. However, it just goes to show you how important it is to try many different harnesses as they all vary a little and we are all built differently. I am a big fan of the hardshell concept and the smaller footprint around the back and waist.

gorgemay
90 posts
18 Oct 2017 9:51AM
Thumbs Up

Dakine C-4? Sounds explosive!
The Mystic X hardshell is about 25 percent more than a base Ride Engine with spreader bar.
Glad to hear you found a harness that is good for you.

bjw
NSW, 3567 posts
18 Oct 2017 3:35PM
Thumbs Up

RE Carbon is 590+ 90 for the spreader bar.

Mystic X $599

Gone are the days of the $150 harness.

wishy
WA, 1501 posts
21 Oct 2017 6:34AM
Thumbs Up

I have the majestic non X going strong 3 years later. Glad to hear they haven't stuffed it up, I'll get one when this one breaks.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Mystic Majestic Hardshell Harness" started by bjw