Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

Lower rib pain vs impact vest Ion Vector or Collision or else

Created by Surfer R > 9 months ago, 10 Dec 2017
Surfer R
WA, 34 posts
10 Dec 2017 7:15PM
Thumbs Up

Looking for the advice from someone who have experience and can direct for the right choice.
Once I had wrong size of harness which squeezed my left lower rib a bit out and having pain.
After month recovering I choosed Brunotti smartshell 2018 which is made for those people whose having rib pain due to wrong shape of harness. I had good kiting back home while using wetsuit.
Now here in OZ been kiting without wetsuit and having pain again.
Going for impact vest. I did some research and found that many recommending ION Vector. On the pictures looks better option ION Collision because it have some paddles under the ribs.
Which impact vest is good for lower rib protection
Is impact vest having some neoprem to keep Your body warm
Also found that dynabar looks interesting, can I replace the bar on my harness easily by myself

Not going for seat harness.
Riding twintip and surfboard

Cheers & Thanks

Rob

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
10 Dec 2017 8:38PM
Thumbs Up

It's meant to be an exstreme sport
ikea do nice sofas, get Netflix and watch red bull tv

Richoa
NSW, 478 posts
11 Dec 2017 8:33AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
cauncy said..
It's meant to be an exstreme sport
ikea do nice sofas, get Netflix and watch red bull tv

So you think the extreme part is about self inflicting pain with no pain management.

All skydivers should head butt the plane just before jumping out to retain their tag.
I can see how it works now! Im gonna get that kite knife and start self inflicting cuts before I go out to shark infested bombies. Im a natural at extreme!

Nathe
WA, 433 posts
11 Dec 2017 7:00AM
Thumbs Up

Wear a springy

Surfer R
WA, 34 posts
11 Dec 2017 8:52PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Nathe said..
Wear a springy

Alright

Ozone Kites Aus
NSW, 884 posts
Site Sponsor
12 Dec 2017 7:22AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Surfer R said..
Looking for the advice from someone who have experience and can direct for the right choice.
Once I had wrong size of harness which squeezed my left lower rib a bit out and having pain.
After month recovering I choosed Brunotti smartshell 2018 which is made for those people whose having rib pain due to wrong shape of harness. I had good kiting back home while using wetsuit.
Now here in OZ been kiting without wetsuit and having pain again.
Going for impact vest. I did some research and found that many recommending ION Vector. On the pictures looks better option ION Collision because it have some paddles under the ribs.
Which impact vest is good for lower rib protection
Is impact vest having some neoprem to keep Your body warm
Also found that dynabar looks interesting, can I replace the bar on my harness easily by myself

Not going for seat harness.
Riding twintip and surfboard

Cheers & Thanks

Rob

Try a dynabar and maybe even try a different harness one that is narrower and that does not squeeze your ribs. Hard shell harnesses do not compress your ribs in your back, but you need to find one that does not squeeze them at the front too.

snalberski
WA, 857 posts
12 Dec 2017 7:40AM
Thumbs Up

Maybe try a boardshort harness with a dynabar

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
12 Dec 2017 9:03AM
Thumbs Up

maybe try some panty liners

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Lower rib pain vs impact vest Ion Vector or Collision or else" started by Surfer R