Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

Kite bladder suppliers in Australia

Created by Kazan > 9 months ago, 17 Apr 2014
Kazan
QLD, 699 posts
17 Apr 2014 5:38PM
Thumbs Up

Hey guys.

I am looking for a reputable repairer and supplier of kite surfing parts/bladders etc. I may even need to open an account with them for future orders (starting a repair business myself).

Does anyone know what these guys are like? Any feedback appreciated.

http://www.stonker.com.au/products_kitesurfing.html

Cheers

TimboNbailey
QLD, 19 posts
17 Apr 2014 10:06PM
Thumbs Up

Havnt used em for bladder repairs but ive dealt with Murray (muzza) from there with some gear 5 months ago and im in QLD....from what i could tell over the phone he seemed really reliable and a real great guy...i bought some gear and then dissapeared (without warning or contacting him lol)for 3 weeks remote for work with no contact at all...and 3 weeks later he answered the phone like nothing happened lol it was like we spoke yesterday and had the gear just sitting there ready to send the next day....like i said never met any of them personally but would recommend them as a very reliable and trustworthy business...A+

18 Apr 2014 1:27PM
Thumbs Up

Contact Kitepower Sydney they are the Australian distributors for KiteFix. KiteFix supply spare bladders to suit any kite and spare stick on valves to suit any kite as well as the amazing "GlueFix" glue and fibre kite sail and LE repair system, GlueFix repairs dry fast a repaired kite can be repaired and back on the water in 1hr or less! Stronger than sewing.

INTHELOOP
QLD, 1855 posts
19 Apr 2014 10:00AM
Thumbs Up

Hi Fernando,

we import dr tuba bladders and repair solutions.
I got lots of bladders of all sizes in stock and we can get custom bladders from them too.

however, our local Townsville repairs by Ian Bourne and the repairs from Moti are in my opinion unmatched when it comes to price and quality.

Kazan
QLD, 699 posts
19 Apr 2014 2:22PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for that Marvin. I got your other message btw. Ian is da man when it comes to canopy repairs for sure. He's done brilliant work for me in the past. Have not heard or seen Moti's work, but I trust your word he would be unrivalled around these parts. Nah, I am not starting a "business" per say, just testing the waters. If there's demand, then yeah I might get into it. I am also considering a bicycle repair business from home. Now that is something I have proper tools for, etc. Besides I need a proper sewing machine to do canopy work, and again Ian would still be miles ahead of me.

Ercorn
QLD, 199 posts
19 Apr 2014 9:59PM
Thumbs Up

I have been a customer of Stonkers for years. Alex and the team are honest and always given me fair prices. Alex is a guy that loves the sport and has always given me amazing service and advise.

I have only met him once and I do all my business with him by email.

I am independant, live 1500 km from Stonkers, but they are always my first point of call.

Be a little careful of retailers that are quick to offer service here, my experience with them is not good. Make sure you check price first.

Loftywinds
QLD, 2060 posts
19 Apr 2014 10:59PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ercorn said..

I have been a customer of Stonkers for years. Alex and the team are honest and always given me fair prices. Alex is a guy that loves the sport and has always given me amazing service and advise.

I have only met him once and I do all my business with him by email.

I am independant, live 1500 km from Stonkers, but they are always my first point of call.

Be a little careful of retailers that are quick to offer service here, my experience with them is not good. Make sure you check price first.

Yeah but price does not mean quality work. Word of mouth is everything I think.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Kite bladder suppliers in Australia" started by Kazan