Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

Ion Apex 2014 waist harness

Created by muirs > 9 months ago, 12 Dec 2013
muirs
SA, 165 posts
12 Dec 2013 7:18AM
Thumbs Up

All,

Bought this harness a couple months ago when my warrior finally died.

I generally like it, but the straps always loosen up during a session. I have to keep re-tightening them, it ****s me to tears.
Anyone else having this issue with this harness?

Cheers,
Sam

LostDog
WA, 445 posts
12 Dec 2013 7:16AM
Thumbs Up

Muirs

I have a North (basically the same make) and find that wetting the harness before putting it on prevents this. I wet it first thing before rigging up.
BTW had the same issue with my Dakine.
Dave

russelldg
VIC, 15 posts
13 Dec 2013 10:29AM
Thumbs Up

I'm having this issue (Ion Apex Select 2014). At first I thought I simply wasn't tightening off sufficiently before getting in the water. After a short while the straps have worked loose and the harness starts to ride up into my ribs.

Will try wetting..

muirs
SA, 165 posts
13 Dec 2013 10:20PM
Thumbs Up

Cheers, I usually re-tighten it after a while when its wet and it still works loose, but I'll try to wet it first and see how it goes..

Smithy
VIC, 858 posts
15 Dec 2013 10:26AM
Thumbs Up

Just picked up a Mystic 2 face and have noticed the same issue on the first couple of uses. I'll try the wet method, I have been trying to really suck my gut in so far to get it super tight so it loosens to a normal setting

pilotbc69
QLD, 26 posts
16 Dec 2013 6:31PM
Thumbs Up

I just got a 2013 Ion Apex and find it does the same thing, moves about 2cm out then just sits there. You don't really notice any performance degradation but it can ride up a bit when it loosens up. I'm hoping the straps wear a bit and it will grip better. I would've thought getting the straps wet would make them loosen up even more.

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
16 Dec 2013 9:35PM
Thumbs Up

check your main strapps under the pvc coated buckle, mine were nearly cut through but the buckle was hiding it,

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Ion Apex 2014 waist harness" started by muirs