Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

Harness Brunotti Smartshell - any feedback?

Created by patkite > 9 months ago, 5 Oct 2016
patkite
WA, 10 posts
5 Oct 2016 8:44PM
Thumbs Up

Hi everyone!

I have been kiting with the Mystic 2face for over a year, and now as I'm looking for a new wave harness, I came across the Brunotti Smartshell harness.

According to an European dealer, this harness with a wave spreaderbar is one of the best wave harness out in the market - super low weight and perfect fit.

Have anyone tried this harness? Any reviews?

Cheers guys !Pat.

magotom
VIC, 22 posts
7 Oct 2016 4:43PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Pat,
I've been using the Smartshell for couple of months. 20 days in a raw in Mauritius with the wave spreader bar set up.
Harness super light, it fits well after 2/3 session as it needs to shape to your body.
It is well refined and did not show any sign of wearing after this high intensity period.
Overall only one negative aspect is that does not come with any lock-in system for spreader but you have to use the adjusting belts to close it.
Overall 8/10 my judgment basically due to this non practical closing system.

gazman2
VIC, 112 posts
11 Oct 2016 8:34PM
Thumbs Up

Gday Pat,
Have been using the mystic 2 face harness. Not a bad idea to change your harness as I have just discovered that mystic don't have replacement belts(the belt that the slider bar slides along). Just broke my strap contacted my local kite shop, they contacted mystic and they don't supply replacement straps in oz. F#$ing great.

Ozone Kites Aus
NSW, 884 posts
Site Sponsor
12 Oct 2016 8:51AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
gazman2 said..
Gday Pat,
Have been using the mystic 2 face harness. Not a bad idea to change your harness as I have just discovered that mystic don't have replacement belts(the belt that the slider bar slides along). Just broke my strap contacted my local kite shop, they contacted mystic and they don't supply replacement straps in oz. F#$ing great.

Put a dynabar on it, much better movement and almost zero wear on the rope if you use a pulley.

gazman2
VIC, 112 posts
12 Oct 2016 9:53PM
Thumbs Up

Could you please put a photo of how you fit a dyna bar onto a mystic 2 face harness. cheers

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Harness Brunotti Smartshell - any feedback?" started by patkite