Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

Gopro line mount on Cabrinha 1x bar

Created by kitingaddict > 9 months ago, 22 Oct 2014
kitingaddict
13 posts
22 Oct 2014 1:41PM
Thumbs Up

Hey guys,

Im wondering if anyone has used a line mount on the new (2014 & 2015 ) Cabrinha 1x bar and lines.
Would the kite be able to flag with the line mount still on?

I am used to the 2013 Cab bar which was a much different set up with the v split much higher up.

Any feedback on this would be appreciated.
Cheers

Drury
NSW, 502 posts
22 Oct 2014 4:59PM
Thumbs Up

Yes just don't put the green things on the side with the 1x safety line

Smithy
VIC, 858 posts
27 Dec 2014 11:43AM
Thumbs Up

Can anyone tell me why the front lines on the new 2015 bars are 2 piece (joined)? Sorry off topic...

Peahi
VIC, 1470 posts
13 Jan 2015 11:06PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Smithy said..
Can anyone tell me why the front lines on the new 2015 bars are 2 piece (joined)? Sorry off topic...

Good question, I think it has to do with two things

1. The depower line can go much further up the front line allowing kite to fully depower onto one side and if you're lucky will turn over by itself. I think it depowers better than the IDS where the kite goes upside down but then still flaps up and down in strong winds and you need to hold the centre lines. I agree it looks a bit wierd and probably makes changing the front lines an expensive and fiddly exercise.

2. The high "V" of the IDS kites mean the bridle has to be closer together so the kite cannot fully open up for low end grunt. I discovered this when my front lines were twisted that the kite had less power, had to land it, untwist them to get power back (this was before the 2012 which allows you to untwist while riding). A lot of people complained about loss of grunt in Cab kites since 2007-08 models, I think they got that grunt back but a faster kite.

This is just my understanding, I am speaking from my experience with the 2014 system. Happy to be corrected, although does not seem to be many vocal cab riders here.
I await the usual kite in the tree picture.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Gopro line mount on Cabrinha 1x bar" started by kitingaddict