Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

Flexifoil Asylum footpads

Created by ellegua > 9 months ago, 12 Sep 2010
ellegua
QLD, 9 posts
12 Sep 2010 10:52PM
Thumbs Up

I am looking for comfy and nonslip footpads and straps. Does anyone know anything about Flexifoil Asylum footpads?

NickT
WA, 1094 posts
13 Sep 2010 6:36AM
Thumbs Up

Don't know what the Asylum pads are like. But i bought the new Cabrinha Calibre with the new sync bindings and seriously i wouldn't look at anything else. so comfortable and a way better design than previous syncs.
I think they are $160, just make sure you get the right size. I previously had a large pair and my feet would come out because i couldn't grip the toe bar this time i got the smalls and they are perfect. I am a size 9

waxman
SA, 1390 posts
13 Sep 2010 7:38PM
Thumbs Up

Liquid force have some good lace up pads, that haven't suffered from the same issues as last years syncs so would be worth checking out.

I havent seen the Flexi pads, but it doesn't hurt to try a few different types what some people like others hate, personally i don't like supper tight foot pads, i just like them to be firm and have a fairly even pressure across the foot, with the toe grip in the right spot.

Are you having problems keeping your board on while jumping/landing or popping?
If so it could actually be caused from a problem with technique.

Which foot pads are you using at the moment?

ellegua
QLD, 9 posts
13 Sep 2010 9:52PM
Thumbs Up

The problem is that I lose my board while in the air. It could quite easily be due to technique. I currently use cabrinha straps and pads. I do not know what model they are. The pads are pretty flat, with not much padding or contour. The straps are really just padded velcrose straps. Thanks for your comments.

waxman
SA, 1390 posts
13 Sep 2010 9:44PM
Thumbs Up

They do sound like a older style pad, most of the newer ones have a bit of a drop off for toe grip. If you have a kite shop near you see if you can get a ride on a couple of different demo boards or just try the straps in the shop. with the right technique you can get away without having tight straps, but it is a personal preference.

One other option is to try a heel strap, normally mounts under the foot pad screws. Some people have made there own out of old bike tubes, some of the LF foot pad kits used to come with them, they still might. They do come off easily in a big stack so don't sweat it, it's not like wearing bindings.

NickT
WA, 1094 posts
14 Sep 2010 6:48AM
Thumbs Up

yeah agree the new LF comps look like they will be great but at 300 v 160 i know which way most people would go. also when i had issues with last years syncs i bought some comp straps and my feet still come out (needed toebar as this years model has). The new syncs are the go!!

ellegua
QLD, 9 posts
14 Sep 2010 11:06PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for your input fellas

arron lee
WA, 14 posts
16 Sep 2010 5:05PM
Thumbs Up

Flexifoil Asylum footpads, i've had them on my in the shop & they fit will do up tight. not riden in them but i think they would be awesome.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Flexifoil Asylum footpads" started by ellegua