Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

FIREWIRE EVO 5'3" or NORTH PRO CSC 5' 5" 2017

Created by Gone to dark side > 9 months ago, 9 Jan 2017
Gone to dark side
NSW, 379 posts
9 Jan 2017 5:04PM
Thumbs Up

Hi been reading a lot about the EVO and picked up a 5'2" surfboard construction and have had it out with crap fins and it still goes great but i know if I keep it it will break so looking at EVO 5'3" after riding the 5'2" I know it would be a great kite board. I was thinking of having one made by Bert at Sunova great looking boards as I have seen one at my local beach but could take up to 10 weeks to get .So was thinking about the NORTH Pro CSC 5'5" as its made for kiting should have all the weight in the correct places. Not thinking of surfing the board just using it for kiting .
LOOKING for any one that has a comment on either
Kevin

toppleover
QLD, 2033 posts
9 Jan 2017 6:55PM
Thumbs Up

Are you sure the Sunova board that you saw at your local was an Evo - not a Vader ?
I have one of Bert's Vaders in 5'3, still no heel dents after 2 seasons. His boards are lighter & imo stronger than FW.

bigtone667
NSW, 1502 posts
9 Jan 2017 11:00PM
Thumbs Up

I have both of them and they are both great boards. Had excellent sessions on both.

I suspect the north board is tougher, but I haven’t done any damage to the Evo in over 80k's of downwinders.

The Evo has better light wind qualities than the north (due to width and volume).

castill0jf
VIC, 563 posts
10 Jan 2017 12:33PM
Thumbs Up

found this link , enjoy

Livit
WA, 542 posts
10 Jan 2017 11:43AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Gone to dark side said..
Hi been reading a lot about the EVO and picked up a 5'2" surfboard construction and have had it out with crap fins and it still goes great but i know if I keep it it will break so looking at EVO 5'3" after riding the 5'2" I know it would be a great kite board. I was thinking of having one made by Bert at Sunova great looking boards as I have seen one at my local beach but could take up to 10 weeks to get .So was thinking about the NORTH Pro CSC 5'5" as its made for kiting should have all the weight in the correct places. Not thinking of surfing the board just using it for kiting .
LOOKING for any one that has a comment on either
Kevin

Might take a while to get the Evo as well as it doesn't seem to be much stock around... I've seen Ryland Blakeney ripping on one of these, I believe it was a 5'1.

I have a couple of Sunova and can confirm they are great long lasting boards. 2.5 seasons on a Vanguard type and still going strong.

Not sure whether North have upped their game or not since 2015 but their construction used to be pretty poor with a weak point around the rails... I haven't stripped a North board newer than 2015 so can't really tell if it has been improved or not...

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"FIREWIRE EVO 5'3" or NORTH PRO CSC 5' 5" 2017" started by Gone to dark side