Nate KSO
VIC, 91 posts
5 Nov 2017 8:52PM
Thumbs Up

[#disclosure: I Sell These Kites]

Super stoked on the new bandits!
I'm a fan of f-one and also ride and sell the products. Kitesurfonline

Whats to like Ike about the new bandit?

Aside from the new inflation system which is super fast and quick as to pump up your kite without breaking your back, the removal of wingtip Batons and the awesome new colours here is a couple of things I noticed when I jumped on one 4 weeks ago!!!!

1. Super smooth and responsive kite this is accompanied with the new bar Linxbar. I know right everyone claims this but the new Bandit has nailed it! Hands down...

2. Rides comfortable and has speed in turning from the get go. Also control with rear lines a little slack...
the grunt and low end power is there also so good for the freestyle or freeride boosters out there! Go big and rip it up...

3. The kite is lighter and faster and responds to power strokes without pulling you off the board. This is excellent for strapless riding and for foiling....the upwind ability is also great, so if you're into long tacks to stay on your local wave break this is an amazing plus and won't bust your arms or back doing so...

enjoy the ride ride and get on a new bandit....
yew
Nathan

Nate KSO
VIC, 91 posts
10 Nov 2017 11:44AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Nathan SKS said..

Aside from the new reactor inflation system which is super fast and quick as to pump up your kite without breaking your back, the removal of wingtip Batons and the awesome new colours here is a couple of things I noticed when I jumped on one 4 weeks ago!!!!

1. Super smooth, comfortable and responsive kite this is accompanied with the new bar Linxbar. I know right everyone claims this but the new Bandit has nailed it! Hands down...

2. Rides comfortable and has speed in turning from the get go. This has a lot to with the delta c shape design and new bar I'm riding the 45cm-52cm bar and in a 10m this is perfect! Also using same bar for the 8m Bandit 11

The famous delta c shape grunt and low end power is there also so good, especially if for the freestyle or freeride boosters out there! Go big and rip it up...

3. The kite is lighter and faster and responds to power strokes without pulling you off the board. The new linxbar has an ideal bar pressure, smooth and super responsive! The bar feel is not jerky or unpredictable.
Sheeting out or in is smooth and comfortable.

This is excellent for strapless riding and for foiling....the upwind ability is also great, so if you're into long tacks to stay on your local wave break this is an amazing plus and won't bust your arms or back doing so...

yew
Nathan

Woott
WA, 127 posts
11 Nov 2017 6:08AM
Thumbs Up

Well this topic can be deleted I guess

straddiepaul
QLD, 160 posts
11 Nov 2017 4:49PM
Thumbs Up

where's jack? need demo day seq asap, wtf, splice landed yet best freestyle stoke ever

straddiepaul
QLD, 160 posts
11 Nov 2017 5:12PM
Thumbs Up

wtf lol.. as good a name as epic fat lady and best bfk.., wtf bad wtf good

straddiepaul
QLD, 160 posts
11 Nov 2017 6:12PM
Thumbs Up

+1 for the new manera impact/float vest no zips super light comfortable non bulky design tech.. time to push limits

Nate KSO
VIC, 91 posts
12 Nov 2017 7:14PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Nathan SKS said..

Nathan SKS said..

Aside from the new reactor inflation system which is super fast and quick as to pump up your kite without breaking your back, the removal of wingtip Batons and the awesome new colours here is a couple of things I noticed when I jumped on one 4 weeks ago!!!!

1. Super smooth, comfortable and responsive kite this is accompanied with the new bar Linxbar. I know right everyone claims this but the new Bandit has nailed it! Hands down...

2. Rides comfortable and has speed in turning from the get go. This has a lot to with the delta c shape design and new bar I'm riding the 45cm-52cm bar and in a 10m this is perfect! Also using same bar for the 8m Bandit 11

The famous delta c shape grunt and low end power is there also so good, especially if for the freestyle or freeride boosters out there! Go big and rip it up...

3. The kite is lighter and faster and responds to power strokes without pulling you off the board. The new linxbar has an ideal bar pressure, smooth and super responsive! The bar feel is not jerky or unpredictable.
Sheeting out or in is smooth and comfortable.

This is excellent for strapless riding and for foiling....the upwind ability is also great, so if you're into long tacks to stay on your local wave break this is an amazing plus and won't bust your arms or back doing so...

yew
Nathan

Select to expand quote
straddiepaul said..
where's jack? need demo day seq asap, wtf, splice landed yet best freestyle stoke ever

There's the 2018 Bandit, it should be enough to get you stoked until you get out there again :)

Nate KSO
VIC, 91 posts
12 Nov 2017 7:17PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
straddiepaul said..
wtf lol.. as good a name as epic fat lady and best bfk.., wtf bad wtf good

Wtf good, especially for the freestyle guys it looks like an epic kite.
Definitely one for the youngsters and committed to boots and handle pass crew. Anyway was watching the world kitesurf league titles and it was being used by the international f-one team! Looked solid :-)

Nate KSO
VIC, 91 posts
12 Nov 2017 7:32PM
Thumbs Up

New board, Mitu Pro Carbon 5'8 by
F-One
Ok I've been riding Firewire boards for the last 5 years :) loved em first the vanguard, than the Vader and Evo! Great boards.
Unfortunately they (firewire) aren't bringing the kiteboard range into oz anymore. I was spewing!!!!

so I decided to jump on a new board from F-One this season, the board I bought is the 5'8 Mitu carbon pro.
See pics below :)

its a actually nice board a little less volume than what I was used to being around 90kg I was riding about 25 litres.
The Mitu carbon pro 5'8 is 21 litres, and rips around in solid waves and beach breaks. Love the camel deck and super light weight of this model.
It doesn't have straps or inserts so it's strapless all the way!
Looking at getting the 5'3 splice soon :) will keep you all posted!

Nate

markey
VIC, 75 posts
12 Nov 2017 9:54PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Nathan SKS said..
New board, Mitu Pro Carbon 5'8 by
F-One
Ok I've been riding Firewire boards for the last 5 years :) loved em first the vanguard, than the Vader and Evo! Great boards.
Unfortunately they (firewire) aren't bringing the kiteboard range into oz anymore. I was spewing!!!!

so I decided to jump on a new board from F-One this season, the board I bought is the 5'8 Mitu carbon pro.
See pics below :)

its a actually nice board a little less volume than what I was used to being around 90kg I was riding about 25 litres.
The Mitu carbon pro 5'8 is 21 litres, and rips around in solid waves and beach breaks. Love the camel deck and super light weight of this model.
It doesn't have straps or inserts so it's strapless all the way!
Looking at getting the 5'3 splice soon :) will keep you all posted!

Nate

I think its about time i upgraded my Firewire, am certainly interested in the Splice it looks a great board for freestyle.

Cant speak highly enough about this years F-One Bandits a real leap forward from my old 2014 bandits i had been riding.

beachybreezy
QLD, 1 posts
12 Nov 2017 9:00PM
Thumbs Up

My name is Amanda Breeze and I ride the F-One Bandit 10m, with the Trax HRD board it's amazing, nice and smooth, and great for learning new tricks!! (And it's pink ??) F-One Rocks ??

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
12 Nov 2017 7:33PM
Thumbs Up

good to see theyve given the aluminium bar the flick and look like a very clean simple system, looking forward to a demo at the midwest windfest

Nate KSO
VIC, 91 posts
12 Nov 2017 10:48PM
Thumbs Up

Awesome Amanda :) keep ripping girl :)) yew !

arab
VIC, 41 posts
13 Nov 2017 9:03PM
Thumbs Up

I have a 9 and7m bandit waiting on 13wtf.
Dam the new bandits are so smooth and fast and so easy to fly very enjoyable in any discipline.
Love em.
A must try this year demo one now in Victoria .through Facebook fone victoria. Yeeeew.

undertow
QLD, 70 posts
14 Nov 2017 7:46PM
Thumbs Up

2018 Bandit is the ducks nuts! 140 trax carbon rocks. Bring on the wind!

RAL INN
VIC, 2880 posts
15 Nov 2017 12:53PM
Thumbs Up

I have a Fone bandit and it works great.

fanfare
55 posts
16 Nov 2017 4:56AM
Thumbs Up

I also had an f one bandit the long bridal lines rapped around the wing tip and the center line as well causeing the kite to death loop even while safety was pulled this dragged me over a rock shelf i now have barely any movement in my left shoulder.

Thanks f one

Fly on da wall
SA, 725 posts
16 Nov 2017 10:32AM
Thumbs Up

Hmmm, sounds familiar and you're one of the lucky one's! Pretty disappointing this can happen with so many advances in kite design and safety systems. The kite with so many horror stories. They should be put out there. Good on you for bravely putting it out there.

Livit
WA, 542 posts
16 Nov 2017 7:28PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
fanfare said..
I also had an f one bandit the long bridal lines rapped around the wing tip and the center line as well causeing the kite to death loop even while safety was pulled this dragged me over a rock shelf i now have barely any movement in my left shoulder.

Thanks f one

Could have happened with any other kites... Never had that issue with my bandits.

Some friends have been riding for years and never had it either. There is a reason why it has been one the best seller kite worldwide every year for the past 11 years.

I was never a big fan of the safety on both centre lines and I am pretty happy that F one has finally moved to the single line safety this year.

Personally I am stoked with my 2018 in 6 and 8m.

fanfare
55 posts
19 Nov 2017 7:43AM
Thumbs Up

No other kites have shorter bridal lines. This is unique to f ones long bridals and wing tip shape

Livit
WA, 542 posts
19 Nov 2017 9:50AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
fanfare said..
No other kites have shorter bridal lines. This is unique to f ones long bridals and wing tip shape

Plenty kites have long bridles, certainly not unique to F-one. The gear has also evolved a lot. I mean would you seriously compare a Bandit one with a Bandit 11?

You had a bad experience, doesn't mean the gear is no good. Plenty of people happy with them out there (including myself).

Fly on da wall
SA, 725 posts
19 Nov 2017 2:04PM
Thumbs Up

Besides the seller's and sponsored riders of the kites giving their opinions of these kites with the deadliest history of any kites, every other opinion gets deleted or moderated. Google their history and judge for yourself.
I have used 1 and honestly didn't enjoy it for various reasons and it's hard to compare it to what I am used to riding.

This has been done to death.. F 0nes

fanfare
55 posts
20 Nov 2017 10:27AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Livit said..

fanfare said..

Plenty kites have long bridles, certainly not unique to F-one. The gear has also evolved a lot. I mean would you seriously compare a Bandit one with a Bandit 11?

You had a bad experience, doesn't mean the gear is no good. Plenty of people happy with them out there (including myself).

look at the above picture of the blue f one kite see that bridal line see how its dangleing waaaay passed the wing tip

quit being wingnuts and learn to design a kite

Nate KSO
VIC, 91 posts
21 Nov 2017 7:00PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
fanfare said..

I agree with you here, the delta c design all have long bridal s and it does assist in a number of ways, including massive depower range, easy relaunch and safety in throwing the bar in dangerous situations so the kite flies to edge of the window. was done first by f.one and they hold the patent for it!!!
Incidentally F.one patented this design many years ago, actually about 10 years ago...from there all the other brands have paid f.one to use the design and the pitch fork bridals...of the delta shape and bridals etc.
it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that the north reo, slingshot rally, liquid force all design a kite that looks like a bandit and Zian Kima, all of these kites are delta c shape kites.
F.one had just been doing it for 4-5 years before anyone else...
so yeah as for saying the bridals are too long, this years bridal is actually shorter than ever before :) peace!

Nate KSO
VIC, 91 posts
21 Nov 2017 7:04PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
fanfare said..

Livit said..

fanfare said..

look at the above picture of the blue f one kite see that bridal line see how its dangleing waaaay passed the wing tip

quit being wingnuts and learn to design a kite

The picture above is of the kite pumped up no lines attached and it is actually not in the position if it was attached to the lines and under bar tension!
Seeing as though a delta c shaped flies off the tension of the front lines I'm not sure how'd you'd get the wingtip through bridal????
only if you set up wrongly or attached or attached wrong lines...

Nate KSO
VIC, 91 posts
21 Nov 2017 7:09PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Fly on da wall said..
Besides the seller's and sponsored riders of the kites giving their opinions of these kites with the deadliest history of any kites, every other opinion gets deleted or moderated. Google their history and judge for yourself.
I have used 1 and honestly didn't enjoy it for various reasons and it's hard to compare it to what I am used to riding.

This has been done to death.. F 0nes

I pay for my kites and ride them too, yes I sell kites, to my mates and kitesurfers, not sure I know about deadliest kite?!?!?

Have riden f.one for six years took a break off them for 3 years jumped on a heap of other brands all good kites, but have gone back to riding f.one late last year and this year and the improvements this year are awesome :)
just saying... I love the f.one kites and feel, I get it's not for everyone and I feel the same about other brands, but I don't bother voicing my opinion about kites I don't ride or haven't recently tried.
peace

Nate KSO
VIC, 91 posts
21 Nov 2017 7:14PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
RAL INN said..

That's an expensive boat cover mate :) lol I guess if that works for ya great :) is that a bandit dos? (2) came out in the year 2008 I think off memory, for a kite that's 10 years old it looks like the kites still in good nick! Ha

RAL INN
VIC, 2880 posts
22 Nov 2017 7:52AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Nathan SKS said..

RAL INN said..

That's an expensive boat cover mate :) lol I guess if that works for ya great :) is that a bandit dos? (2) came out in the year 2008 I think off memory, for a kite that's 10 years old it looks like the kites still in good nick! Ha

Bandit Dos 12m totally shot. That's why it's a boat cover. Was an attempted trade in for Notus Rev.
interestingly first repair appears to be rear from leading edge to trailing edge along side central strut.
Aaah the memories.

i miss dealing with Matt Colefax. A true gentleman.

omg
276 posts
22 Nov 2017 7:11PM
Thumbs Up

back on topic, how's the lowend of the new Bandit 12m - specifically that size, for strapless freestyle, please?

Thanks!

straddiepaul
QLD, 160 posts
22 Nov 2017 9:23PM
Thumbs Up

+1 dealt with matt frm dos to 6, got sick of bandits wanting surf kites, till b10 didnt like, tried b11 disclaimer bought one from nathan, the new canopy and bridle bar control system is a leap forward, fast and grunty compared to pure surf, brought back the speedy local sess buzz in average conditions, fone is more than bandits, the new boards and manera stuff is worth a demo, +2 for the vest safety in the ocean

straddiepaul
QLD, 160 posts
22 Nov 2017 9:29PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
omg said..
back on topic, how's the lowend of the new Bandit 12m - specifically that size, for strapless freestyle, please?

Thanks!

suspect all sizes have much more bottom end, the 10 pulls like my 12 surf kite without the stalling of previous models, the speed will help strapless freestyle

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"F-One" started by Nate KSO