Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

ECLIPSE 08

Created by RAL INN > 9 months ago, 20 Sep 2007
RAL INN
VIC, 2880 posts
20 Sep 2007 9:12AM
Thumbs Up

UPLOADED PICS.
start with this one then look through Gallery.
they are all pinched from Kiteforum.

www.seabreeze.com.au/gallery/gallery.asp?imageid=6136

JimmyBrown
QLD, 53 posts
20 Sep 2007 12:18PM
Thumbs Up

Looks to be a strong kite any feedback about flying this type.I'd be interested in a Nano for my son.

poor relative
WA, 9084 posts
20 Sep 2007 10:25AM
Thumbs Up

They haven't got them in Aus as yet.
Although i think there is hope Aus will get the first batch.

From the pictures it looks like Eclipse have taken on board feedback from people last year and improved both kite and bar construction.

Looking forward to playing.......

jimjim
3 posts
20 Sep 2007 3:45PM
Thumbs Up

your avatar would be good for a deodorant commercial laughs

jimjim
3 posts
20 Sep 2007 3:52PM
Thumbs Up

Its Good how they give the forward and side on perspectives on the first page as you can see the huge differences between these kites.It would be nice to have a table like that of all makes in different sizes to compare one against the other. ithink i just gave myself a new project.

au.godaddy.com/

jimjim
3 posts
20 Sep 2007 4:13PM
Thumbs Up

MAN look at that dimitri pro d-wave board built for cylinders

SurfConnect
QLD, 1674 posts
21 Sep 2007 5:01AM
Thumbs Up

Tester in Brisbane right now, next Wed on up the Sunny Coast. Contact us or Adventure Sports in Noosa if interested in trying. Kite will be up Sunny Coast all next week too.

RAL INN
VIC, 2880 posts
21 Sep 2007 8:59AM
Thumbs Up

I have an order in for some Nanos, but hopefully the demo Nanos will get here first from the Importer.

This company does go to lengths for their Moto of By the riders for the riders.

the mini fifth line is Aussie input, and the Bar upgrade was helped along by feedback from Poor Reli and others.

Remember 9psi in LE. I was underinflating and noticed a big difference when getting pressure right.

this is from the US owner, posted on Kiteforum in answer to what are differences in performance.
quote:
"You will see allot of changes in the way the kite preforms under the two extremes in the wind range at the low end the kites will make more park and pull power but you still have the kites speed that will help you.

In high winds the thruster is more stable, it does not do anything strange is super gusty wind or high winds when you really load up the kite. Also its more stable when you loop the kite.

The thruster has a tiny bit more bar pressure on the 8,10 and they also can turn a bit slower not super crazy fast like the 2007. You now have two speed settings on all the kites.

Also the bar is totally new and improved 1000% that was the biggest complaint from the 2007 kites that the bar lacked some nice features like really simple QR, longer depower line, replaceable depower line, and better primary safety. For 2008 this has all been addressed and the new bar totally rocks. Our new QR is the best and safest on the market -hands down. You can see it in the bar movie."

sburlo
NT, 166 posts
22 Sep 2007 11:24PM
Thumbs Up

How did you guys manage to have the first batch sent to Australia?

It is excellent that the Eclipse team has listened to you guys advice on the bar.

So you think the mini fifth line is good - has it been decided if there s going to be a stopper ball system or the cam cleat system?

poor relative
WA, 9084 posts
22 Sep 2007 10:22PM
Thumbs Up

It aint set in stone as yet.
I think the Aussie importer can wield his influence and get the first batch here. Fingers crossed.

The fifth came from Ral's ideas, in fact i think he fitte it to a thruster he had.

From what i have heard and i may be wrong but the cleat on the chicken loop stays.

waveslave
WA, 4263 posts
22 Sep 2007 11:50PM
Thumbs Up

quote:
Originally posted by RAL INN
UPLOADED PICS.

You sure did.
I like how you commandeered the kitesurfing category of the photo section for your own private pimp-gallery.
Nice.
Keep up the good work.
lol.

RAL INN
VIC, 2880 posts
24 Sep 2007 9:02AM
Thumbs Up

I wonder if they Self zenith?, that could have been a waveslave imput.

JimmyBrown
QLD, 53 posts
24 Sep 2007 9:55PM
Thumbs Up

The nano looks perfect for high winds and snowboardin' hope the makers come up with good vids of this type of activity

Felix KF
NSW, 169 posts
24 Sep 2007 10:29PM
Thumbs Up

quote:
Originally posted by poor relative

almost as bad as the gastra bloke

I know the Gaastra bloke you refer to and he is not a Gaastra bloke. He flies a Cab, a Havoc and an 06 Waroo. He is not sponsored or affiliated with any brand or shop. He got to try a couple of the Gaastra kites, liked them and did a review with photos for others to read in the review section because he thought it was the right thing to do. He’s pretty new to the forums and probably didn’t realize what Poor relative and Waveslave were like with the endless sledges. Unfortunately, he, like many others will probably hesitate to post on Seabreeze in future which is why it has gone so downhill.

RAL INN
VIC, 2880 posts
25 Sep 2007 8:22AM
Thumbs Up

Hey Felix! chill.

nothing wrong with a bit of sceptical humour.

Life's pretty boring without a bit of it.

RAL INN
VIC, 2880 posts
26 Sep 2007 12:15PM
Thumbs Up

Constipation of the mind.
Diarrhea of the pen.

RAL INN
VIC, 2880 posts
26 Sep 2007 12:18PM
Thumbs Up

Another famous quote:

" A persons strength of Character is determined by what it takes to upset them."

O.J.Simpson

RAL INN
VIC, 2880 posts
26 Sep 2007 6:06PM
Thumbs Up

As you slide down the banister of life.
May all the splinters face up.[}:)]

JimmyBrown
QLD, 53 posts
26 Sep 2007 8:48PM
Thumbs Up

meanwhile back at the ranch i herd they haven't built a'one these suckers
but just the same nice drawing board

sburlo
NT, 166 posts
26 Sep 2007 8:36PM
Thumbs Up

quote:
Originally posted by JimmyBrown

meanwhile back at the ranch i herd they haven't built a'one these suckers
but just the same nice drawing board

?

Nice avatar

RAL INN
VIC, 2880 posts
27 Sep 2007 8:54AM
Thumbs Up

"A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way."
Mark Twain.

laurie
WA, 3848 posts
27 Sep 2007 9:52AM
Thumbs Up

How about this quote:

"Please keep (relatively) on topic" .. chit chat to the General Section please!

RAL INN
VIC, 2880 posts
27 Sep 2007 1:40PM
Thumbs Up

In order to be an immaculate member of a flock of sheep, one must above all be a sheep oneself.
- Albert Einstein

Of to the general section i go. Baaaaaaaaaaa

poor relative
WA, 9084 posts
27 Sep 2007 2:26PM
Thumbs Up

JimmyBrown
QLD, 53 posts
27 Sep 2007 6:28PM
Thumbs Up

or maybe barrrrrrrr humbug!!!!lol
With areference to the chameleon might not even be called that when its finally built . i think the name suits it well as strange things happen when moving kite controls more than 300mm

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"ECLIPSE 08" started by RAL INN