Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

Duotone Rebel 2021

Created by Justhanging > 9 months ago, 23 Sep 2020
Justhanging
WA, 64 posts
23 Sep 2020 8:19AM
Thumbs Up

Looks like the Duotone Rebel 2021 has had a few changes, pulleys removed to bring it in line with last years changes to the Dice & Evo.

Keen to see how it performs with all the changes, below is the product clip from Duotone for those who are interested.

neldy
QLD, 42 posts
23 Sep 2020 1:17PM
Thumbs Up

Good additions to an already solid kite.

The biggest change would be the tips/flex strut to improve turning. It would be interesting to see how much quicker it turns now.

I wont be upgrading my '20 rebel for this though. Maybe if they bring out an SLS next year.

Justhanging
WA, 64 posts
25 Sep 2020 7:17AM
Thumbs Up

Seems Duotone have pulled the video, capture below taken from another forum stating that nothing has changed in terms of pulley setup.

weebitbreezy
617 posts
28 Sep 2020 5:12PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah I saw the same thread. If you continued reading it, the Duotone rep stated that the pulleys/sliders were only there for when the safety the activated to get extra bridle range and the limit stoppers on the bridle would stop the sliders having any effect when in the air.

I think the implication is that the designer has never incorporated pulleys to have an effect on the steering since it became 4 line and considers it to be a safety feature only. Slightly begs the question about why have a pulley on both frontlines if you have single line safety release but maybe it helps with relaunch as well?

PabloP101
1 posts
20 Oct 2020 1:58AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Justhanging said..
Seems Duotone have pulled the video, capture below taken from another forum stating that nothing has changed in terms of pulley setup.

My 10m has just arrived, confirmed... it has pulleys. If it's a good safety feature with minimal downsides then that's fine by me.

Probably not massively important.. but the bag is now half as useful.... The old bad had a space for the kite + lines. You jam the lines in the front pocket. Now there's no front pocket. I used to put first aid kits and kite repair kits in the pocket, just in case. It was really useful.

Is this a cost saving idea? Does the pocket stop it being Eco CO2-neutral or something?

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Duotone Rebel 2021" started by Justhanging