Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

Dice v Union V Enduro

Created by Falco > 9 months ago, 28 Dec 2017
Falco
102 posts
28 Dec 2017 3:28PM
Thumbs Up

Looking for a comparison on the above kites, like the look of all these kites for their free ride, freestyle and wave abilities, I like to dable in all of these, certainly a master of none but love mixing it up in different conditions, have previously used a 2015 Dice and really liked it thought it did everything I wanted pretty well, really liked it in the waves especially unhooked. Interested to know how the current model Dice preforms compared to the above kites as they all look awesome

Lukeyy
NSW, 107 posts
29 Dec 2017 12:09AM
Thumbs Up

I rate the Enduro V2 so much higher than the dice cannot pass judgement on the union but i love my new v2 its so much better than my 2016 Slingshot RPM

eppo
WA, 9372 posts
30 Dec 2017 7:51AM
Thumbs Up

Honestly all three of those kites you mentioned are excellent choices and will satisfy the hybrid C all round riding style.

It will seriously come down to the North versus Airush versus Ozone feel.

So so demo all three for yourself, it is the only way to tell and ride with the intention of seeing which kite "feels" the best at the bar.

And if if you can't demo at the moment then don't buy one. You
cant make a decision from all of our opinions on here. Some vested some not. Mostly clueless but not all.

Because all all three are quality kites that are versatile and will satisfy the style they are intended for. It's the rider skill and preference for a certain kite "feel" that counts here.

Ozone Kites Aus
NSW, 884 posts
Site Sponsor
30 Dec 2017 12:53PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Falco said..
Hmm right......... Know that we got that out the way......... This not about pulleys v direct, their all exceptional kites in their own rights I just looking for comparisons of substance from people who have used them, not in a position to demo at the moment

If you can't demo, then write the 2 names on a piece of paper, pin the piece of paper to your dart board, put on a blindfold and throw one dart, whichever one is closest to the dart, buy it and enjoy.

Even if you could demo all the same size back to back, I reckon it would come down to colour and price, or a very subjective "feel" thing, and then you'd go home with your purchase and be very happy ever after.

Falco
102 posts
1 Jan 2018 6:49PM
Thumbs Up

Some posts missing lol ??, anyone flown the new dice ?? or union that can comment, without getting personal ??

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
1 Jan 2018 8:24PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Falco said..
Some posts missing lol ??, anyone flown the new dice ?? or union that can comment, without getting personal ??

Had the v2 enduro
on free ride setting had a very similar feel to my 2013/14 north Vegas, felt very connected , very easy to get tuned into, the freestyle setting turned it up a notch with a bit more bar feel and turning speed great boosting, I've heard good reports from wave riders, not a reo but very capable in waves, construction was great, bar and lines as clean as it gets, for me an 8/10

Duff15
VIC, 249 posts
2 Jan 2018 1:50PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Falco said..

I own 8m 10m and 12m unions, surf and foil on this kite. but mine and 2016. Stable and drift well in surf. Not to sure on the freestyle side of things.

strekke
70 posts
2 Jan 2018 4:07PM
Thumbs Up

Used to ride 2015 Dice, but I currently fly the Naish Dash, and tested the Enduro V1 back to back. Similar kites but the Dash was a bit better/easier in terms of jumping, and both kites do have their own different 'feel' to it. The Dash 8m is a beast for looping and jumping. In the surf you have to keep them moving though, the Enduro is probably more suited there. Both kites have a direct feel and are responsive. Apparently the Union is similar to the Dash.

Also had a 30 minute run on the 2018 Dice 10m. Felt less responsive and a bit sluggish compared to my Dashes, probably because the Dice has pulleys and the Dash/Enduro do not. 2018 Dice did feel like it would perform better in the waves though - better drift it seemed and more on/off. When compared to the 2015 Dice, the 2018 Dice is a significantly different kite - to me the new version felt more like a Neo at times.

Plummet
4862 posts
3 Jan 2018 3:28AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
eppo said..
Honestly all three of those kites you mentioned are excellent choices and will satisfy the hybrid C all round riding style.

So so demo all three for yourself, it is the only way to tell and ride with the intention of seeing which kite "feels" the best at the bar.

cant make a decision from all of our opinions on here. Some vested some not. Mostly clueless but not all.

Because all all three are quality kites that are versatile and will satisfy the style they are intended for. It's the rider skill and preference for a certain kite "feel" that counts here.

As usual Eppo is on the money.

It's hard when you can't demo the kites you are interested in though.
Then what is left is to sift through the reviews and opinion and take a punt.

I haven't flown the airush, or the latest dice. I have flown a year or so older dice and the v2 enduro. So can't easily directly compare.

What I can say if that north typically feels more smooth, sultry and refined than ozone. It's built tougher, has more reinforcement. Ozone in general feels more direct more raw, but at generally slightly better performance if you don't mind the raw direct feel.

Turns out I prefer the more direct feel. Maybe it comes down to pullies v no pullies? I don't know.

WA Surf & Foil
WA, 250 posts
4 Jan 2018 10:10AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Plummet said..

eppo said..

As usual Eppo is on the money.

It's hard when you can't demo the kites you are interested in though.
Then what is left is to sift through the reviews and opinion and take a punt.

I haven't flown the airush, or the latest dice. I have flown a year or so older dice and the v2 enduro. So can't easily directly compare.

What I can say if that north typically feels more smooth, sultry and refined than ozone. It's built tougher, has more reinforcement. Ozone in general feels more direct more raw, but at generally slightly better performance if you don't mind the raw direct feel.

Turns out I prefer the more direct feel. Maybe it comes down to pullies v no pullies? I don't know.

Well if you buy your kites based on reviews in Oz then you will most probably buy a North or Cabrihna as there are so many great reviews on these kites from kiters that have not tried anything else.

I have tried the Dice and obviously the Enduro and will put a money back guarantee on the Enduro for being the stand out kite.

You can also add the Core GTS4 in the comparison as well as the Cab FX but the Enduro V2 is the most refined of them all.

Plummet have you tried the V2 Enduro ?

traO
WA, 3 posts
4 Jan 2018 2:31PM
Thumbs Up

Ive recently demo'd 2018 RPM, Dice, GTS4, & Enduro V2 ( i currently own 2016 dices) I have to say the Enduro v2 was probably my favourite followed by the RPM. Even if you demo each of them, unless its back to back its still fairly hard to get an idea. I think they're all good kites...

Saffer
VIC, 4501 posts
4 Jan 2018 9:57PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
traO said..
Ive recently demo'd 2018 RPM, Dice, GTS4, & Enduro V2 ( i currently own 2016 dices) I have to say the Enduro v2 was probably my favourite followed by the RPM. Even if you demo each of them, unless its back to back its still fairly hard to get an idea. I think they're all good kites...

And the Ozone ghost account replies.

Plummet
4862 posts
5 Jan 2018 4:58AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
West Oz Kite said..

Yes. Had a go on one when the ozone demo crew blew into town.

25 knots double head cross off. It felt nice, jumped well, drifted averagely but turned like a dog. Some muppet had set it up on a stupid small 38cm bar. So I had to try and look past the stupid bar selection. My demo wasn't helped by the fact Id just spend 2 days on the 4m uno on a 50cm bar. Any kite feels slow after that combo.

I also flew the Enduro v1 8m for a decent fly on the foil. Compared to my old 2012. At ill be honest I was a bit dissapointed. It didn't blow me away with 6 years of additional refinement. It drifted worse, maybe turned slower and heavier in the air and dropped out of the sky in Gusty/lull conditions where my old cat wouldn't.

All in all it was a worse foiling kite than my beaten up old catalyst. But I could sense that it would be a better booster and TT kite. I think they have upped the aspect and made it more boosty but sacrificed a bit of drift.

Adam'KiteRepair
NSW, 331 posts
5 Jan 2018 9:26AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Plummet said..

West Oz Kite said..

25 knots double head cross off. It felt nice, jumped well, drifted averagely but turned like a dog. Some muppet had set it up on a stupid small 38cm bar. So I had to try and look past the stupid bar selection. My demo wasn't helped by the fact Id just spend 2 days on the 4m uno on a 50cm bar. Any kite feels slow after that combo.

I also flew the Enduro v1 8m for a decent fly on the foil. Compared to my old 2012. At ill be honest I was a bit dissapointed. It didn't blow me away with 6 years of additional refinement. It drifted worse, maybe turned slower and heavier in the air and dropped out of the sky in Gusty/lull conditions where my old cat wouldn't.

All in all it was a worse foiling kite than my beaten up old catalyst. But I could sense that it would be a better booster and TT kite. I think they have upped the aspect and made it more boosty but sacrificed a bit of drift.

Was it in wave setting while you were trying to drift? My v2 is pretty comparable to my reos for drift in the wave setting. While the V2 is faster turning them the V1, in the end its a crossover kite that is meant yo be really good at freestyle(which it is) and that required a bit slower in turning but fast and smooth through loop. both v1 and v2 nailed this. Either way, both kites need to be in thier respective settings to achieve what they were designed for.

Plummet
4862 posts
5 Jan 2018 2:59PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Adam'KiteRepair said..

Plummet said..

West Oz Kite said..

Was it in wave setting while you were trying to drift? My v2 is pretty comparable to my reos for drift in the wave setting. While the V2 is faster turning them the V1, in the end its a crossover kite that is meant yo be really good at freestyle(which it is) and that required a bit slower in turning but fast and smooth through loop. both v1 and v2 nailed this. Either way, both kites need to be in thier respective settings to achieve what they were designed for.

To be honest I don't know what setting the v2 was on. We were in a wave location with wave kiters. One ussumes the ozone boys would have set it up to suit the market.

V1 I tried middle and wave setting. WVe setting was closest to my older cat.

aro
VIC, 52 posts
6 Jan 2018 11:40AM
Thumbs Up

Just got my Enduro V2, and absolutely Love it. Probably placebo but I think it has a bigger de power then last year, I can still ride my 12 meter in anything from 16 - 22 knots. I get the enduros as there are such a good all-round kite. Freestyle is my main discipline, but I still love to slash in the waves every now and then, and the endure lets my do that. And it drifts remarkably well when you change the bridal system to wave stetting. I have flown my mates dice before about 3 years ago in NZ. It was nice in the waves but can't see it being that great for freestyle.
Cheers

IanR
NSW, 1237 posts
7 Jan 2018 3:11PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Falco
Now that you seen what an open well rounded point of view you get on this site.
Maybe ask the same question on kiteforum

Andrash
WA, 637 posts
9 Jan 2018 5:31PM
Thumbs Up

I think, the differing opinions about the same kite may come down to riding style. I've had fair bit of experience on Ozone Cat, Reo, Enduro, and now also on Cabrihna Drifter. For example, the Reo might be a dream kite for a traditional surfer on a larger surf board, who just wants the kite be left alone and drift, but the same kite may be a "dog" for powered up wave riding. A low aspect kite (i.e. the Reo) will usually drift better, but a mid aspect (Cat, Enduro) will have a solid predictable pull and speed, so it may suit riding the wave "with the kite" with strapped up aerials on a smaller board.
I like being powered up following the kite on the wave, and I prefer the mid setting (freeride) on the Enduro in lighter winds, providing steady pull on the turn, while on stronger winds I switch to the first (wave setting) to prevent being pulled off the board on radical bottom turns.
I found the 5.5m Drifter an interesting little beast, but I have not had enough time on high winds to fully suss it out.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Dice v Union V Enduro" started by Falco