Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

Core bar with naish kite?

Created by stenner3 > 9 months ago, 7 Mar 2016
stenner3
1 posts
7 Mar 2016 11:09PM
Thumbs Up

If relevent, please fill in this template...(& remove this line)

Rider: Weight,Level (beginner,intermedi
Style: Freeriding, Surf, Wake, Freestyle
Weather: ?-? knots
Build Quality: ?/10
Satisfaction: ?/10
Disclosure: (e.g. work at a shop/team rider etc)

My Comments:

I'm considering moving to Core kites but would like to use the new Sensor bar with my Naish Ride.
Would this be compatible?
I ask because I'd prefer to stay with only one release action, the Core being twist to release vs the almost universal push to release found on the Naish.
Thanks

Sanjay
147 posts
8 Mar 2016 3:21AM
Thumbs Up

As far as I know Naish use 4 lines of equal length. I eould assume Core does too. If so yes of course

gorgemay
90 posts
8 Mar 2016 4:16AM
Thumbs Up

Yes four line of equal length but high center line split on Core vs low split on Naish and single line safety flag out on Naish vs I'm not sure on Core.

Brohan
VIC, 528 posts
8 Mar 2016 8:11AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
gorgemay said..
Yes four line of equal length but high center line split on Core vs low split on Naish and single line safety flag out on Naish vs I'm not sure on Core.

Core has a 2 line safety system, this should still work fine with the Naish kite as it only needs one line to flag out. I'd just test it out in low winds, just to see if the kite flags out properly.

ActionSportsWA
WA, 953 posts
10 Mar 2016 12:32PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Brohan said..

gorgemay said..

Core has a 2 line safety system, this should still work fine with the Naish kite as it only needs one line to flag out. I'd just test it out in low winds, just to see if the kite flags out properly.

MMMmmmm maybe

The most current bars (sensor 2) flag to a single line, usually you can fly any kite on a Single Flagging Line (SFL) System, but if the kite requires a SFL and you fly it on a dual flagging bar, More often than not, and especially in high winds, the kite will fly off its front lines. so you can have a flying kite with no steering or bar (as you released it), pretty strange and very difficult to land.
High and low splits especially on bridled kites will effect the geometry of the kite and in some cases make it un-flyable.

Our recommendation is always fly the manufacturer designed bar with the intended kite, they usually spend quite a lot of money and time making sure that the flagging/splits/bar length/line length work best with their gear.
Toddy

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Core bar with naish kite?" started by stenner3