5 posts
21 Nov 2015 8:21PM
Thumbs Up

Rider: 60kg
Style: Freestyle Weather: 15-20 knots
Build Quality: 10/10
Satisfaction: 9/10
Disclosure: Core National Rider

My Comments: So I have made the transition to C kites thanks to the help of Core. Here is a review of the new Core Impact, first one in Australia as far as I’m aware.

First impressions of this kite are its overall low weight and quality construction. Nothing really seams too drastic, the shape of the kite looks very similar to other modern C Kites whilst the graphics look simple but great.

Inflation was easy and fast. With the speed valve 2 you can use most kite pumps that have the standard pump output which can be helpful when forgetting your pump.

The instruction booklet had a strange way to attach the 5th line, which took a while to understand however the next time around it was as simple as rigging a 4 line kite.

After launching I was surprisingly noticed by the light bar pressure for a C kite. The connection points on the kite for the centerlines and steering lines can be adjusted although I have only had mine on centre position.

Diving the kite down from 12 I notice how quickly it turns, and how controlled the power is through the wind window. The kite accelerated quickly to the edge of the window and drove me upwind with ease.

For freestyle I found the kite had really good pop and slacked well when loaded up with speed. The kite looped really nicely with consistent and predictable power throughout the whole loop, catching me nicely.

A problem with freestyle riding is having a good swivel ensuring the centerlines do not wrap up during a session. Core have got a great solution to this, every time my lines twisted, the simple act of pulling my bar in untwisted the lines. This is due to a below the bar swivel as well as a genius bar design.

Crashed the kite a few times and hearing how hard C kites are to relaunch I was surprised that the kite quickly flipped on its side after pulling one of the steering lines.

My only gripe with the kite is hooking back in as the chicken loop is quite small and I was worried about releasing the twist safety release, making it difficult to hook back in. I plan on using the larger chicken loop soon which should fix this problem but do not yet have one of these.

Drury
NSW, 502 posts
22 Nov 2015 1:40PM
Thumbs Up

How did it compare to the Hifi for you Jono? How was power size for size compared to as well as slack and pop?

N0rtherly
5 posts
22 Nov 2015 2:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Drury said..
How did it compare to the Hifi for you Jono? How was power size for size compared to as well as slack and pop?

I have only ever rode the Hifi once about 5 months ago but to be honest I think the two kites are fairly similar. You would have to try one after the other on the same day to notice the differences.

RPM
WA, 1549 posts
22 Nov 2015 3:18PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
N0rtherly said...

My Comments: So I have made the transition to C kites thanks to the help of Core. Here is a review of the new Core Impact, first one in Australia as far as I’m aware.

First impressions of this kite are its overall low weight and quality construction. Nothing really seams too drastic, the shape of the kite looks very similar to other modern C Kites whilst the graphics look simple but great.

Inflation was easy and fast. With the speed valve 2 you can use most kite pumps that have the standard pump output which can be helpful when forgetting your pump.

The instruction booklet had a strange way to attach the 5th line, which took a while to understand however the next time around it was as simple as rigging a 4 line kite.

After launching I was surprisingly noticed by the light bar pressure for a C kite. The connection points on the kite for the centerlines and steering lines can be adjusted although I have only had mine on centre position.

Diving the kite down from 12 I notice how quickly it turns, and how controlled the power is through the wind window. The kite accelerated quickly to the edge of the window and drove me upwind with ease.

For freestyle I found the kite had really good pop and slacked well when loaded up with speed. The kite looped really nicely with consistent and predictable power throughout the whole loop, catching me nicely.

A problem with freestyle riding is having a good swivel ensuring the centerlines do not wrap up during a session. Core have got a great solution to this, every time my lines twisted, the simple act of pulling my bar in untwisted the lines. This is due to a below the bar swivel as well as a genius bar design.

Crashed the kite a few times and hearing how hard C kites are to relaunch I was surprised that the kite quickly flipped on its side after pulling one of the steering lines.

My only gripe with the kite is hooking back in as the chicken loop is quite small and I was worried about releasing the twist safety release, making it difficult to hook back in. I plan on using the larger chicken loop soon which should fix this problem but do not yet have one of these.

Team riders have no credibility as they are paid monkeys who use their gear.. When will seabreeze put a stop to this pimp per review shenanigans..
Team riders aren't gonna say bad things as they have to promote..
I take these pimpfest kite reviews with a grain of salt.. It would be like being sponsored by fosters light when you are trying to review a full strength full flavour beer.. You just seem like a joker and nobody believes you.
#pimpfailure

Lol at first review.... Bahahhahah

strydz
QLD, 136 posts
22 Nov 2015 5:36PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
RPM said...
N0rtherly said...

Team riders have no credibility as they are paid monkeys who use their gear.. When will seabreeze put a stop to this pimp per review shenanigans..
I take these pimpfest kite reviews with a grain of salt.. It would be like being sponsored by fosters light when you are trying to review a full strength full flavour beer.. You just seem like a joker and nobody believes you.
#pimpfailure

If you actually knew this kid you wouldn't be talking about him like that, and I say kid because that's exactly what he is.
#a$$hole.

flyingcab
VIC, 942 posts
22 Nov 2015 8:02PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
RPM said...
N0rtherly said...

#pimpfailure

Where would our sport be if everyone talked everything down? For the sport promotional and business production an honest review is needed and I think that this is an honest review. So RPM if your name doesn't sound biased enough to your kite of choice the you can think before you say something next time. #prick

dave......
WA, 2119 posts
22 Nov 2015 7:36PM
Thumbs Up

^^^HEE HE RPM just got his balls slapped and his but hurts . Watch out newbie.

andrewb44
9 posts
23 Nov 2015 3:52AM
Thumbs Up

Have you ever seen a bad review from a Team rider for a kite that comes from their sponsor??

Ever? Anywhere? Anytime? From any team rider?

...enough said.

They usually wait until they are not a team rider anymore to honestly comment about the kite/s...

strydz
QLD, 136 posts
23 Nov 2015 8:57AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
andrewb44 said...
Have you ever seen a bad review from a Team rider for a kite that comes from their sponsor??

...enough said.

They usually wait until they are not a team rider anymore to honestly comment about the kite/s...

Generally this is true, but isn't that the job of the team rider, to promote their brand ? Their reviews may not say anything bad but still gives you some good insight into the product if you know nothing about it.

Drury
NSW, 502 posts
23 Nov 2015 11:31AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
andrewb44 said..

...enough said.

Select to expand quote
RPM said..

N0rtherly said...

#pimpfailure

Do you ever see bad reviews posted on forums by anyone? Not really. And at least shop or team riders (usually) declare that they are affiliated... a lot of "unbiased reviews" are coming from pseudo team riders that are getting massive shop discounts and but aren't declared as team. Or maybe you'd prefer mag reviews done by "impartial" reviewers while the mag is getting pumped full of advertising dollars from the companies that are having their kites reviewed? That's like thinking a girl is hot after only looking through her facebook profile photos. False impression.

strydz
QLD, 136 posts
23 Nov 2015 12:05PM
Thumbs Up

Ok let's get back on track. Anyone else tried the impact ?

flyingcab
VIC, 942 posts
23 Nov 2015 4:37PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
RPM said..

N0rtherly said...

#pimpfailure

RPM how does it feel to be on the bottom of the dog pile?

N0rtherly
5 posts
23 Nov 2015 3:24PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
strydz said..
Ok let's get back on track. Anyone else tried the impact ?

Next time we’re down you can take it out for a kite if you want

kenno
QLD, 293 posts
Site Sponsor
8 Dec 2015 7:12AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Jono for your feedback.

ActionSportsWA
WA, 950 posts
8 Dec 2015 11:13AM
Thumbs Up

Hi Peeps,

There are quite a few riders whom are sponsored or hooked up by shops who review and don't reveal their "deal". Leave the kid alone. He's the only one in the country with an Impact. I thought the review was pretty decent. If you have never ridden a Core kite, they are a VERY polished product and worthy of a demo. I'd be inclined to believe the young fella's words.

Disclosure: We sell Core and other brands but do not stock nor have any Impacts available for demo. Red thumb away if you haven't yet used your daily quota.

DM

N0rtherly
5 posts
13 Jan 2016 5:54PM
Thumbs Up

New edit on the new kite, hope you enjoy!

UNcleHooked
NSW, 40 posts
15 Jan 2016 8:57AM
Thumbs Up

Good way to shut the haters up northerly. Nice edit

Wunderlich85
34 posts
2 Feb 2016 3:39AM
Thumbs Up

Sick!

Trotdog
QLD, 15 posts
5 Feb 2016 12:08AM
Thumbs Up

Yeah Northerly nice edit.

Everyone, I had a go on the IMPACT. My review. - good kite. Maybe some cooler graphics on the kite...like a penguin that is doing something sick.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Core Impact 9m" started by N0rtherly