Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

Core GTS4 11m/12m

Created by Cygnify > 9 months ago, 26 Dec 2016
Cygnify
QLD, 118 posts
26 Dec 2016 1:15PM
Thumbs Up

Anyone riders that have or used the latest GTS can you comment on the performance of this kite in the bigger sizes?
I weigh 76kg and looking at upgrading/adding a new kite and want something for those lighter days (13-19knots). I know the low end isn't going to compare to a xr4, but is there a bit of grunt in the latest GTS4?

I did have an xr4 12m but at my size would often pull my downwind, my thinking is a GTS4 would be a better alternative, plus low wind wave option and freestyle benefits (my main reason for buying). Is the 11m much more lively/fun then 12m aswell?

lunchbox
QLD, 3 posts
6 Jan 2017 8:23PM
Thumbs Up

I have been riding a 8 & 11m core gts4 for the past 2 months.
I weigh 81kg it it cover the full wind range on the gold coast for me.
I personally do not like any kite over 11m as i find them all too slow and would prefer to use a larger board.
If you are intermediate to advanced in all disciplines then this is the kite you want.
solid grunty power and better response compared to the xr4 i have also used a few times.

strekke
70 posts
6 Jan 2017 6:53PM
Thumbs Up

@lunchbox: what is the range of the 11 for you, both on TT and surfboard (especially low end)? And when you loop it, does it catch you fast enough before you land?

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
6 Jan 2017 9:02PM
Thumbs Up

Great example of the 12 by hans

strekke
70 posts
7 Jan 2017 3:48AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for sharing - that actually looks pretty loopable for a 12!

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Core GTS4 11m/12m" started by Cygnify