Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

Core Free 15 LW vs Cab Contra 15 vs LF Solo 15,5

Created by Monfils525 > 9 months ago, 5 Oct 2016
Monfils525
32 posts
5 Oct 2016 5:08AM
Thumbs Up

Hi guys,

it would be awesome to get some feedback on the choice of a lightwind kite for low wind riding.

I bought a LF Solo V2 15,5 in april, and never got really warm with it. I find the bar setup kind of unresponsive, and when boosting, I feel the kite pulls really hard downwind at 12, which makes it hard to edge. I am not an advanced rider, which might have something to do with it.

A few days ago, I tried the Contra 15 with the Recoil bar, and it felt much better. Easier to move, which I felt gave me more power in very light wind than the Solo V2.
Boosting was super smooth, and I got decent lift in no wind at all.

The local dealer suggests that the Free 15 LW might be the even better choice compared to the Contra. I ride North on my smaller kites, and it seems like I could use the North bars with the Free, which would also be an advantage. Is that true? Is the Free a 4 or 5 liner?

Hoping to get some input on this matter, as I don't want to buy the wrong lw kite once more. Maybe there is somebody here that loves the Solo and doesn't understand my point of view at all?

10 Oct 2016 8:55PM
Thumbs Up

Try the North juice too, ive been loving my 15 both on my foil and in small waves on a skim board.
i will say i am bias,, but i do, do lots of light wind kiting.

Ozone Kites Aus
NSW, 884 posts
Site Sponsor
12 Oct 2016 3:44PM
Thumbs Up

How much do you weigh? What size is your board or boards? Where are you based in Oz?

castill0jf
VIC, 563 posts
13 Oct 2016 7:14PM
Thumbs Up

FYI today I used my high Y bar (from my NEO 12 Kite) and the solo kite was not able to fly properly.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Core Free 15 LW vs Cab Contra 15 vs LF Solo 15,5" started by Monfils525