Thumbs Up

Rider: 62 kg, (advanced)
Style: Freestyle, Wakestyle.
Weather: 22-35 knots
Build Quality: 9/10
Satisfaction: 10/10
Disclosure: team rider

My Thoughts On CORE GTS4:
New GTS4 would have to be one of the best looping kites out there on the market as it delivers insane boosting, looping, catching capabilities. The kite has big square wingtips delivering power through the loop. Unhooking with this kite is awesome as it stays deep in the window delivering the perfect amount of pop and slack. I would recommend this kite to almost anyone and especially if you love to go big and loop it in strong winds! This kite without a doubt, will take you to the next level.

Sayankiter
QLD, 15 posts
11 Sep 2016 5:24PM
Thumbs Up

Agree:
If your after a kite that is stable, loops and recovers like a dream, can accommodate freestly riders, cruisers or wave riders then you need to get yourself a GTS 41! I took a 10 m and a 12 m out the other day for their maiden voyage and was super impressed. I had a chance to do some flat water freestlye riding aswell as waves (tiny as!) and this kite just did it all so well. There are a few settings you can change that allows you to tweek the way the kite responds dependingon your style and even on the wave setting, freestyle moves were super easy. I noticed that even with a heap of water over the wingtip it relaunched so easy! Colours are also good, if your into cosmetics and the air inlet valve will work on any pump. Really impressed with the build quality too and with Core not changing kite designs for 2 or 3 years it is noticeable that they have put a lot of technology into this model, plus also holding its value over other kites that change from year to year. SUPER IMPRESSED!

kemp90
QLD, 1692 posts
11 Sep 2016 7:18PM
Thumbs Up

Those Square wing tips make are mint!!!

balidru
WA, 76 posts
11 Sep 2016 8:58PM
Thumbs Up

Any standout changes from the GTS3?

My main go to kite is 10m Gts3 and thinking of getting an 8m. Not sure if I should fork out top dollars for the new model.

strekke
70 posts
12 Sep 2016 3:58AM
Thumbs Up

How does it compare to the Dice and the Enduro?

AntKite
QLD, 12 posts
13 Sep 2016 8:40AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
kemp90 said..
Those Square wing tips make are mint!!!

Yeh I also love the square wingtips now. So much better than my old dice!

AntKite
QLD, 12 posts
13 Sep 2016 8:44AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
balidru said..

My main go to kite is 10m Gts3 and thinking of getting an 8m. Not sure if I should fork out top dollars for the new model.

The struts are slightly thinner and the kite is slightly lighter on the GTS4 making it recover better on low kite loops, so now you can go even lower than the previous models! I also love the new looks on the GTS4 and is a bit more eye catching than the previous models.

AntKite
QLD, 12 posts
13 Sep 2016 9:01AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
strekke said..
How does it compare to the Dice and the Enduro?

I use to use a North Dice 2015 and I now prefer the GTS4 with the square wingtips for more power through kite loops! The north dice is a bit more of a pivot turn in loops but is still fun. If you get the Core sensor 2S pro bar with the kite, you can adjust the length of the lines from 24m ,22m ,20m ,18m which I love as the north bars you can't do that you have to buy a separate bar and I am not sure about the ozone bars but I am pretty sure you can't adjust the length.

I have never tried the Enduro and also herd it loops similar to the dice and is good in the waves just like the dice and it's cool that you can change the settings on the kite on the Enduro to a whole different kite but the GTS has settings to play with aswell! All of the kites are all 4 lines and the have bridles. The shape of the GTS4 is like a c-kite but with 3 struts and a bridle for lighter weight and better wind range, but I would say if you want a free-style, boosting and a kite that pulls in a loop definitely go for the GTS4, you'll love it! The 12m in light winds is stable and perfect for all your unhooked tricks, (PS: I am only 60 kg) Just be aware that the release on the bar is a twist which is different from most kite companies and the chicken loop is very small so you'll have to get the wake-style kit with the bar if you do/ want to try unhooked tricks.

Kraut
WA, 542 posts
15 Sep 2016 8:02AM
Thumbs Up

Enduro can be looped gently when fishpoling, or nice and powerful. Perhaps try one. Yes all three kites have bridles, some shorter than others and some don't have pulleys. I am not going to comment on the effect pulleys have on performance / directness as this goes down to personal preference

marno
WA, 218 posts
15 Sep 2016 9:53PM
Thumbs Up

..... Wonder how much Core paid for this thread space?

kemp90
QLD, 1692 posts
16 Sep 2016 7:46PM
Thumbs Up

Please..... Give him a brake. This kid is 14 and has more balls then you and me put together. He knows his loops and gear!

marno
WA, 218 posts
16 Sep 2016 9:32PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
kemp90 said...
Please..... Give him a brake. This kid is 14 and has more balls then you and me put together. He knows his loops and gear!

Fair call....

Kraut
WA, 542 posts
16 Sep 2016 9:48PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
kemp90 said..

I get your point (the age).

Ant, great to share the stoke. All the best.

Rads
WA, 110 posts
18 Sep 2016 6:58AM
Thumbs Up

...wont someone please think of the children!!!..,. Lol

Nar,,,,get into him.....at 14 should be goin harder than Jesse richman with all those bouncy bones......didnt any of u pusies charge ur teeny days????....f anyone is gonna spruik stuff on breeeze is open to the usual..especially if a TEAM RIDER.... hel be a man in a few yrs anyway lol

Kraut
WA, 542 posts
18 Sep 2016 12:06PM
Thumbs Up

Don't worry Rads. I agree with Kemp that adolescents may be particularly vulnerable to the risks associated with social media but I am sure at the age of 14 Ants will be quite familiar with this. And Kemp said please - a rare word especially in forums so I thought fair enough.

At the same time, I am sure as Kemp seems to look after Ant's wellbeing he will have (apart from teaching the big ball theory) also consulted him regarding the perks and pitfalls of industry support of talents (I am just assuming this is the case here, or if really high potential will happen soon). And how to preserve a minimum level of credibility over the many years to come. About the likelihood that if really talented he will most likely change brands more often than girlfriends over time. And that blatant pimping should be best left to those distributors like Kenno (?) and shops who feel they need to do this. And that comparison to kites one has never flown is never a clever thing.

kenno
QLD, 293 posts
Site Sponsor
18 Sep 2016 9:29PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Russ, thanks for your awesome input for this review thread. Your wisdom is amazing.

kenno
QLD, 293 posts
Site Sponsor
19 Sep 2016 5:39AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Sayankiter said..
Agree:
If your after a kite that is stable, loops and recovers like a dream, can accommodate freestly riders, cruisers or wave riders then you need to get yourself a GTS 41! I took a 10 m and a 12 m out the other day for their maiden voyage and was super impressed. I had a chance to do some flat water freestlye riding aswell as waves (tiny as!) and this kite just did it all so well. There are a few settings you can change that allows you to tweek the way the kite responds dependingon your style and even on the wave setting, freestyle moves were super easy. I noticed that even with a heap of water over the wingtip it relaunched so easy! Colours are also good, if your into cosmetics and the air inlet valve will work on any pump. Really impressed with the build quality too and with Core not changing kite designs for 2 or 3 years it is noticeable that they have put a lot of technology into this model, plus also holding its value over other kites that change from year to year. SUPER IMPRESSED!

Hi Sayankiter, Thanks for the feedback. We run our models for two years which gives the engineers/developers time to truly test before they are released. The shorter bridal and the new LE and strut material, EXOTEX® DACRON, has made the new GTS4 even more responsive than its predecessor. These changes have improved the stiffness of the kite.

Fruitloop
NSW, 42 posts
2 Oct 2016 8:27AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
balidru said..

The main changes I noticed with the new gts4 over the gts3 is it feels more direct on the steering , a bit more like it's connected by wires not lines if that makes sense. Also more depower on the bar which i really noticed on a surfboard which I spend half my time on, maybe a little bit better bottom end but I haven't got to test the topend to see if any difference there and the the standout difference is its BLACK so it is better looking and members of the opposite sex will be drawn to strike up meaningless conversations with you just because of your good looking kite ! ! !

Ok on a serious side the kite flies sharper its feels more responsive to me and maybe that's why the low end performance is better and it's easier to sign and create some power, Core have used there new exotec material on the struts and leading edge and the diameters look reduced to the gts3.
The increased depower on the bar throw is a really good improvement for me riding surfboards I don't get dragged threw my bottom turns and just better to depower the kite to let it drift and ride down the line.
i ride in the surf all the time and swap between a twin tip and surfboard the gts4 10m is my go to kite here on the east coast it's great in they way I change boards and don't need to change kites
Oh did I mention its black ! ! !

kemp90
QLD, 1692 posts
4 Oct 2016 5:25AM
Thumbs Up

I had a quick fly of the 12m the other day. I can't really comment on the kite as it was only a quick fly but the bar really really good, and stupid at the same time. The quick release is twist, wtf. But the rest of the kite is very very cool. The middle lines that go through the bar are thin and plastic coated, and there is a splitter between them in the middle of the bar so they are always ontop of each other which makes spitting the bar with your fingers amazing. This also means you don't have to untwist below the bar when you do a heap of backrolls the same direction, all you do is sheet in and the splitter in the middle makes the 2 middle lines untwist. It's very very cool.

I was very impressed.

daveisthekotz
NSW, 111 posts
4 Oct 2016 9:38AM
Thumbs Up

OOOOO some money could be heading in Core's direction soon. It doesn't have a 4 to 5 line conversion like the C4 does it? That would make it perfect.

kenno
QLD, 293 posts
Site Sponsor
4 Oct 2016 10:23AM
Thumbs Up

Just runs on a standard 4 line bar. If your after a 5 line C kite the Impact would be a great option

Gazuki
WA, 1363 posts
4 Oct 2016 9:22AM
Thumbs Up

Hey Dave,

I found this add a while ago and think its an absolute bargain, two pretty much brand new kites and a sensor bar for under 2k, pretty good.

www.seabreeze.com.au/Classifieds/Kitesurfing-Kites/~vhybz/2016-Core-Impact-11-metre.aspx?search=yxrOHND3sv4T3V5rxWUrPWWDBNSRdtpV

daveisthekotz
NSW, 111 posts
4 Oct 2016 1:34PM
Thumbs Up

Old WA surf ay. I already have kites, i'll be looking to invest again once I come back from Brazil, I'm offloading my Vegas' there. Not really interested in the Impact, i'm trying to get away from the 5 line c kites with the wind conditions in Sydney. Just was wondering if Core did the same thing that Ozone do. Then I have the choice of either bridled or 5 line c in case I go on holidays. I'm still leaning towards the C4 for that feature.

kemp90
QLD, 1692 posts
4 Oct 2016 2:29PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
daveisthekotz said...
Old WA surf ay. I already have kites, i'll be looking to invest again once I come back from Brazil, I'm offloading my Vegas' there. Not really interested in the Impact, i'm trying to get away from the 5 line c kites with the wind conditions in Sydney. Just was wondering if Core did the same thing that Ozone do. Then I have the choice of either bridled or 5 line c in case I go on holidays. I'm still leaning towards the C4 for that feature.

I feel you man. Iv moved away from 5th line C too. I did notice the bar pressure was too light for me tho. The settings could have made it stronger but still way to light for my sort of freestyle. You may need to try it out tho. Still more bar pressure the a dice tho.

daveisthekotz
NSW, 111 posts
5 Oct 2016 4:52PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
kemp90 said..

daveisthekotz said...

I feel you man. Iv moved away from 5th line C too. I did notice the bar pressure was too light for me tho. The settings could have made it stronger but still way to light for my sort of freestyle. You may need to try it out tho. Still more bar pressure the a dice tho.

Surely you can drop the tip settings to fix the bar pressure? I ride my vegas on the full wakestyle settings, my 14.5 bar pressure gives me sore elbows after a day or two, meaning I was battling the first few days in Sri Lanka. Something in between I think is the ideal, the rpm's is not bad. I never compare any of these kinda kites to the dice. Its just generally not a good freestyle kite. Would rather ride the TS or an Envy any day if I was heading down that Hybrid wave/freestyle kite. I really like the squared up wing tips of the "future c" kites with the versatility of a bridle. Another underrated kite for the mention... the Zian Hantu. Small brand but they make some nice bridled c kites. Made in the same factory as North. I rode them a few times in Lanka... definitely wouldn't mind if a 14 and 11 magically appeared on my doorstep. Anyways can someone review the bigger sizes?

kemp90
QLD, 1692 posts
5 Oct 2016 4:40PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
daveisthekotz said...
kemp90 said..

daveisthekotz said...

Surely you can drop the tip settings to fix the bar pressure? I ride my vegas on the full wakestyle settings, my 14.5 bar pressure gives me sore elbows after a day or two, meaning I was battling the first few days in Sri Lanka. Something in between I think is the ideal, the rpm's is not bad. I never compare any of these kinda kites to the dice. Its just generally not a good freestyle kite. Would rather ride the TS or an Envy any day if I was heading down that Hybrid wave/freestyle kite. I really like the squared up wing tips of the "future c" kites with the versatility of a bridle. Another underrated kite for the mention... the Zian Hantu. Small brand but they make some nice bridled c kites. Made in the same factory as North. I rode them a few times in Lanka... definitely wouldn't mind if a 14 and 11 magically appeared on my doorstep. Anyways can someone review the bigger sizes?

Zian own there own factory. I think the hantu is cool, but the bar needs to have a low V I think, I don't like a high V. By the way how awesome is vella island!

daveisthekotz
NSW, 111 posts
6 Oct 2016 11:25AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
kemp90 said..

daveisthekotz said...

kemp90 said..

daveisthekotz said...

Zian own there own factory. I think the hantu is cool, but the bar needs to have a low V I think, I don't like a high V. By the way how awesome is vella island!

I didn't realise they have their own factory. That was my second time there hey. I met a guy last year just before I moved to Sydney, and we decided to go back this year at the tail end of the season. Had 3 days no wind in 3 weeks.... damn. Learnt so many new tricks at Vella. Up the Southern end of the island the wind is so smooth and the water is flat as. They should build a rail out there. Apparently KSL just opened up a new spot a few hours north. Will be keen to check that out sometime soon.

scottm1991
WA, 10 posts
14 Feb 2017 12:40PM
Thumbs Up

hey guys

yeah ksl has open a new resort called kitesurfing mannar vayu resort. if you loved vella you will defiantly love mannar. its the same conditions as vella buter flat water laminar wind just 16km.s of it and a small 10 bungalow resort right on the spot. :)

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"CORE GTS4 7m" started by AntKite